Koh Chang: British woman 'seen arguing with her boyfriend hours before body found in hotel pool

webfact

Thailand death: Rachel Turner 'seen arguing with her boyfriend hours before body found in hotel pool'
BY MIRROR.CO.UK
Thai police claim hotel staff witnessed the couple quarrelling on their balcony.

LONDON: -- A British woman who was found dead in a swimming pool in Thailand was seen arguing with her partner hours earlier, Thai police claim.

Rachel Turner, 42, was discovered lying face down in the pool of the luxury Sofia Gardens Resort on the island of Koh Chang on Sunday morning.

She was on a seven-week 'trip of a lifetime' with her partner, Stefan Brown, 37, who she ran a recruitment firm with back home in Wolverhampton, when the tragedy happened.

Thai police said staff at the resort saw the couple having a quarrel on their balcony on Saturday night.

According to the Bangkok Post, Koh Chang police investigator Auraungkoon Kaewmuangklarng said hotel employees witnessed them arguing at around 9pm or 10pm that evening.

He added they may have been under the influence of alcohol after several empty bottles were found in their room.

An initial autopsy performed at Koh Chang Hospital indicated the British tourist died from drowning.

A full post-mortem examination is due to be carried out.

Mr Brown denies they argued and claims they went to bed at around 10am after a "perfect day together".

Speaking from Thailand, he said: "We had got up at 7am that morning because of jet lag, we hired out a motorbike and just drove around the island.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-death-rachel-turner-seen-5724096

-- Mirror 2015-05-20

Did she go down for an early ( Sunday morning ) swim in the pool ?

Was Mr Brown still asleep when she went down for a swim ?

Was she heavily intoxicated ? and did this attribute to her drowning ? ( one would suggest several bottles of beer is not too much )

Rachel Turner, 42, was discovered lying face down in the pool of the luxury Sofia Gardens Resort on the island of Koh Chang on Sunday morning.

staff at the resort saw the couple having a quarrel on their balcony on Saturday night.

under the influence of alcohol after several empty bottles were found in their room.

Mr Brown denies they argued and claims they went to bed at around 10am ( shouldn't that be 10pm ? )

was seen arguing with her partner hours earlier, Thai police claim.

Thais love to sensational foreign incidents as it deflects attention away from the obvious.

Wow. You actually posted that on Thai Visa, the hub of farang conspiracy theorists and headquarters for blaming everything bad in the world on Thais.

I'd like to believe you were being sarcastic and ironic, but having read so many threads posted by farang who live in their highly insulated bubbles, I fear not. Were you at least smirking & occasionally giggling when you typed that?

It was hard to imagine how Thais or the whole of Thailand could be blamed for this, but congratulations. You gave it your best effort.

Was she heavily intoxicated ? and did this attribute to her drowning ? ( one would suggest several bottles of beer is not too much )

staff at the resort saw the couple having a quarrel on their balcony on Saturday night.

under the influence of alcohol after several empty bottles were found in their room.

Mr Brown denies they argued and claims they went to bed at around 10am ( shouldn't that be 10pm ? )

"one would suggest several bottles of beer is not too much"

"He added they may have been under the influence of alcohol after several empty bottles were found in their room."

Thai Visa crime scene investigation experts magically transform "several empty bottles" into "several bottles of beer." Beer??

Edited by Suradit69

Thais love to sensational foreign incidents as it deflects attention away from the obvious.

Wow. You actually posted that on Thai Visa, the hub of farang conspiracy theorists and headquarters for blaming everything bad in the world on Thais.

I'd like to believe you were being sarcastic and ironic, but having read so many threads posted by farang who live in their highly insulated bubbles, I fear not. Were you at least smirking & occasionally giggling when you typed that?

It was hard to imagine how Thais or the whole of Thailand could be blamed for this, but congratulations. You gave it your best effort.

Ah thais ... forever the victims and martyrs (like somebody else I know of ...) - give it a rest, you make your self look like a fool

"He added they may have been under the influence of alcohol after several empty bottles were found in their room."

Thai Visa crime scene investigation experts magically transform "several empty bottles" into "several bottles of beer." Beer??

well aren't you the smart one today ... several bottles is considered 3 -4 ( several meaning 3-4 approx )

and beer because, one would consider someone running a recruitment company for healthcare would probably not be into vodka or whiskey or similar.

well aren't you the smart one today ... several bottles is considered 3 -4 ( several meaning 3-4 approx )

and beer because, one would consider someone running a recruitment company for healthcare would probably not be into vodka or whiskey or similar.

Wow ... you are quite the detective. Must be a burden being so smart when those around you are so stupid.

What a weird thing to presume. What does someone's occupation have to do with their beverage preferences?

^^^ S...I'm trying to figure out what the poster meant by "the obvious".

...I think the suggestion is.....

..always the same cliches....farangs getting drunk...farangs can't control their emotions...

...and always only Thai witnesses...

...count the number of Thais 'present'....count the number of farangs.....

....did anyone check if she had been raped or had any marks on her body.......

....nobody saw her from 10:00 pm until that morning.....

,,,how is it even possible...???

...the 'obvious' is...no motive for the husband.....

....and why isn't it possible somebody else did it......

...and yes....it is racially based/biased ....

...time and again.....

What a weird thing to presume. What does someone's occupation have to do with their beverage preferences?

I used to watch every episode of Columbo ... and it may have rubbed of on me. Also Get Smart was my favorite show.

If she intended to commit suicide a swimming pool is well down the list of possible methods, she may well have drowned but perhaps for a completely different reason, not going to speculate but the word suicide just doesn't fit for me

Were there any Burmese laborers around ?

This "joke" has been done, too much.. Engage brain before keyboard !

Hey guy, I agree that the joke has been done to death but I don't see the word "moderator" next to your name.

He has as much right to his comment as anyone else. If you don't agree then just pass on by. Why put crap on him for such a little thing.

You are right, otherwise I would have just removed the post.

Likewise, I am entitled to my opinion of others posts. If everyone just passed on by it would be a real boring forum.

But its still the most over used, bad joke going..

But pass on by if you don't like my posts :)

Strangely enough people do drown in water,this to me seems no more than a tragic accident,but as usual the tv detectives have to say there bit.

But how many are women who are only wearing their underwear? Why no bathing suit? Why would the woman swim in her underwear in the early morning hours in a resort pool?

My comment was specifically about suicide which I don't agree happened here, suicide in water usually involves heavy weights in deep water, it is not easy to drown in 3ft of water, maybe she had an accident or something but suicide - I don't buy it

It would help if the husband explained what the argument was about, if there was one. It's very odd that the woman left the room on her own during the night and went to the swimming pool. That suggests she either went for a swim and drowned or committed suicide. I can't think of any other explanation. Probably only the husband really knows what went on.

Also possible she just slipped, hit her head and drowned.

Edited by ldnguy

It would help if the husband explained what the argument was about, if there was one. It's very odd that the woman left the room on her own during the night and went to the swimming pool. That suggests she either went for a swim and drowned or committed suicide. I can't think of any other explanation. Probably only the husband really knows what went on.

Also possible she just slipped, hit her head and drowned.

yes, agree .. she leaves the room to go for a midnight swim alone after several bottles were consumed and supposedly an argument. One needs to know how heated the argument was as you can just have a minor disagreement on something or a full blown angry yelling argument.

If she was intoxicated and hurried down to the pool area and slipped on the tile at the pools edge fell into the water hard and subsequently drowned. ? possible .. yes .