Boosting a Sophon signal

roger101

I live in a condo that has Sophon cable but the picture is crap. I also have CTH which I use most of the time but there are some things on Sophon that I want to watch (eurosport etc) but with such a poor picture its not worth it. I was wondering if anybody here uses a signal booster for Sophon and if they do where did they buy it and how much.

Thanks

Yes, there is nothing to do, Unfortunately...

We are in a similar situation. I have TMN Cable. I would love to watch Euronews. But the picture is very bad. TMN blame Euronews, what a joke :(

A booster will only amplify a bad signal from a cable network.

I fully agree that you'll just amplify the noise as well, however on a positive note we had problems of a bad signal at home and all it took was 1 call to Sophon and it was sorted.

Condo buildings have their own internal cable TV distribution systems. It may be that the splitters/amps/connections/cables on your floor need adjusting or replacing. Ours were bad for several years until the entire system was replaced.

Ask your building management to look into it. Failing that, call Sophon.

Had same problem and condo manager would not fix it. Bought an amplifier @ 1'600 @ the Chinese run electric shop in Banglamung and have now much better reception on 3 TV's via a splitter. In another condo I ordered the Sophon Cable Box, that converts analog to digital, they came to install and fixed line prior. Perfect HD on most channels. Best stop by @ their office to discuss options. Good luck. MS