i dont like poor people

I spent 2 weeks sleeping in a park at 15 yrs old. Then a nice guy took me in and let me crash on his floor for 1 year as I did anything for money. I got off my $^%ss and walked the streets washing windows and mowing lawns for money. At 21 yrs, I was cleaning toilets to pay for my college. Any beggar looking for a free pile of cash just doesn't get my sympathy. Sorry.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poor people are obsessed with money

hey - so are rich people

and in North America - the average person dies with 75% of their savings intact

that infers some have 98% - and you guessed it - some have zero

when they croak that is

so the playing field is level at the beginning and the end

and that's about it

for more useless trivia, please pm me

or just stay tunedcheesy.gif

Problem is, we need those poor people to keep the cost of living low. Imagine if the cheapest apartment you could find was 25,000 baht a month and a meal at a cheap restauarant was 400 baht. The problem we have in the West is that the cost of living has run out of control(i.e. 100k baht amonth apartments, 150k baht hospital visits, etc.) due to all the rich people inflating everything. It's why I cannot afford to live in the US anymore.

I let a poor young Thai farm girl live with me.

That must make me a good person!

I buy rice seemingly for most of her village, have sent several kids to college and my reward is to be infested with them as they flock to Phuket looking for jobs and an easy life.

I now have to supply smart phones and motorbikes.

I've got nothing left for an old fashioned panhandler.

Don't assume he was poor - some 'beggars' are rather well-off after an easy day scamming off good samaritans

That's true.

There was a beggar in Delhi, India , who always sat at the door steps of a sky scrapper. Police could not remove him as he was on private property and owners never complained.

When he died , turned out he was the owner of the sky scrapper.

Similar in Sydney , Australia. Homeless woman, helped by many. After passing, turned out she had $ 8000 000 in her mattress

When living in London some years ago I was regularly accosted by a young guy sitting under a blanket on the footpath near my ATM.

"Giv us a tenner Gov" and similar, was his usual plea. To his credit, when told where to go, he took it in good humour.

When I saw him one night in a local pub with his mates, singing, dancing and waving a pint around, my dismissals of his requests became somewhat more pointed.

He probably owned the pub!

I realize we live in a digital vacuum where video taping a rape or an assault is more important than helping the victimized. Where a homeless person is taunted, humiliated and often a victim of aggression rather than a recipient of goodwill. Where a beggar becomes a slick con artist by a skewed perception of the fortunate. To be human means that we care for each other and civilization means we work together to create a better life for each other. If that is true, then there is nothing human nor civilized about passing by someone in need, regardless of your mental assessment. The moment we stop caring and fighting for each other... that's the moment we lose our humanity.

Humanity was lost a long time ago and Id rather humanity was wiped out and leave the rest of the world to it, those that wont rape the entire planet, why humans think they are special I have no idea running round proclaiming their God did this that and the other, the sooner we are all gone the better.

Edited by kannot

I spent 2 weeks sleeping in a park at 15 yrs old. Then a nice guy took me in and let me crash on his floor for 1 year as I did anything for money. I got off my $^%ss and walked the streets washing windows and mowing lawns for money. At 21 yrs, I was cleaning toilets to pay for my college. Any beggar looking for a free pile of cash just doesn't get my sympathy. Sorry.

Parents need to drill into kids to support themselves (even in Thailand), first job I had was having to clean my own room when I was about8 years old, at 10 I was cleaning cars clearing snow etc at other peoples house to make some money, pocket money was earnt not given by my parents. In the Uk now its bank of Mum and Dad

I remember saving for 2 years to by a motorbike and polishing it almost daily, today it get bought on finance or given money, its all too easy they take no care of the things they have and dont respect them at all ............free easy money......it will all come crashing down though.

I realize we live in a digital vacuum where video taping a rape or an assault is more important than helping the victimized. Where a homeless person is taunted, humiliated and often a victim of aggression rather than a recipient of goodwill. Where a beggar becomes a slick con artist by a skewed perception of the fortunate. To be human means that we care for each other and civilization means we work together to create a better life for each other. If that is true, then there is nothing human nor civilized about passing by someone in need, regardless of your mental assessment. The moment we stop caring and fighting for each other... that's the moment we lose our humanity.

Humanity was lost a long time ago and Id rather humanity was wiped out and leave the rest of the world to it, those that wont rape the entire planet, why humans think they are special I have no idea running round proclaiming their God did this that and the other, the sooner we are all gone the better.

Go ahead brother, you first.

I guess that nice guy that helped you out could have thought like you but he didn't. He saw someone who needed help. How many people with the same disposition you have now stopped and offered anything? He gave you more than a handout. He gave you a leg up and changed the trajectory of your situation.

If i think they are too old to work, or too disabled to work, I am happy to give.

But not kids or regular looking people, and if I see gold jewlery, a beer, gambling, or a mobile phone I won't give at all. And if they walk towards me with their hand out or disturb me inside the restaurant while I am eating, I won't give at all. Though it is rather painful eating with that type of disturbance.

I once had a begger jog down the street after me with his hand out. He was mid 30s and spoke great English. I think it was in Nepal.

My definition of poor: A person, for whatever reason, that doesn't have access to enough money to provide oneself with the basic needs at any given point in time. There are many scenarios where you have money but no way to access it. It is at this point in time that you are poor and in need of goodwill by another compassionate human being. There will come a day, if it hasn't came already, that the hardest of hearts will be humbled.

If i think they are too old to work, or too disabled to work, I am happy to give.

But not kids or regular looking people, and if I see gold jewlery, a beer, gambling, or a mobile phone I won't give at all. And if they walk towards me with their hand out or disturb me inside the restaurant while I am eating, I won't give at all. Though it is rather painful eating with that type of disturbance. And the staff who refuse to assist me in getting rid of him and infact act like its my responsibility to pay him to leave their premises do not get a tip and i tell them why.

I once had a begger jog down the street after me with his hand out. He was mid 30s and spoke great English. I think it was in Nepal.

But not kids or regular looking people, and if I see gold jewlery, a beer, gambling, or a mobile phone I won't give at all. And if they walk towards me with their hand out or disturb me inside the restaurant while I am eating, I won't give at all. Though it is rather painful eating with that type of disturbance. And the staff who refuse to assist me in getting rid of him and infact act like its my responsibility to pay him to leave their premises do not get a tip and i tell them why.

Beggars that enter restaurants and bars are usually run by gangs.

The staff don't interfere because they don't want the place burnt down.

Many are organized mafia "employees" dropped off and picked up by their handlers....the more money they attract the better areas/locations they are placed into.....

Some with the sleeping/drugged kids are not even their own kids and have a handler somewhere close by.....

Kind of like in that movie about the kid in India that won the quiz show and how they depicted the beggars....

At least they are not aggressive here like in the Philippines....

Makes it hard to sort out who to have compassion for when you have a good idea someone is actively waiting to take it away from them.....