Copyright Control Officer assaulted by shop owner in Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Copyright Control Officer assaulted by shop owner in Central Pattaya

cloth-2.jpg

PATTAYA:--A man claiming to be in charge of copyright control for a number of well-known clothing brands, was assaulted by a shop owner on Friday Night.

Khun Sontaya aged 33 made his way to Pattaya Police Station following a visit to the Hospital, to report the assault by Khun Tawatchai aged 35, the owner of a clothes shop in Soi Sophon off Pattaya Third Road.

He was angry over allegations made by the copyright officer that he was selling a number of items which were claimed to be counterfeit branded items. A fight ensued after 3 men, including Khun Sontaya, arrived at the shop and then a further 2 men who are believed to be Police Officers, joined them.

It was revealed that moments earlier the team had visited another clothes shop nearby owned by Khun Wattana aged 30. He was also accused of selling illegal items and was offered a deal worth 15,000 Baht to clear the case. Khun Wattana insisted he did not have the money to pay them

Read more:http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/196872/copyright-control-officer-assaulted-by-shop-owner-in-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2015-05-25

I can't quite understand the logic here. The alleged 'victim' got battered cos he tried to extort money from someone

and has the front to go and lodge a police complaint ?

This place really is a very special country

I can't quite understand the logic here. The alleged 'victim' got battered cos he tried to extort money from someone

and has the front to go and lodge a police complaint ?

This place really is a very special country

Sure is, did you not know it is against the law to assault someone who is trying to extort money from you

So was he a real copyright control officer or a fake one?

What's the difference? Both are breaking the law.

If the shop owner threw the fist punch and was unprovoked.

And I am sure the manufacturers represented by the Copyright Control Officer will be pleased to know he has some royalties for them.cheesy.gif

And what did the two police officers do??? why did they not arrest the shop owner???

Thailand the land of the fake; Rolex, Silk, Hand Bags, Pens, Designer Good, CD's, Ladies, Police and Copyright Control Officersgigglem.gif

The issue is police extortion, but the story is about assault.

"It was revealed that moments earlier the team had visited another clothes shop nearby owned by Khun Wattana aged 30. He was also accused of selling illegal items and was offered a deal worth 15,000 Baht to clear the case. "

How screwed up is that? Any police arrested for extortion, including the copyright officer? Hell, no.

Amazing Thailand, and the junta is doing just a crack up job at doing nothing.

blink.png

So who is guilty here ? Will the "fake" control officer walk free or will he ask for more money from the local vendors ? Is the police a part of the scam ?

Without a good finger point, it's not easy to see who's who in the OP

I think the one with the bandage on his face is the CCO.

The guy seated to the left of him is probably the shop owner.

The two standing behind are probably the CCO's 2 goons.

Not sure about the 2 fake cops, probably had enough sense to keep away from the real cops.

If anyone starts a fund for his legal defense, I will donate. Sick of the "copyright" police theives. Thought they only shook down bars and cafes for bribe money. Incredible Thailand still allows crooks pretending to be cops.

Police or shop owner does not matter. Both are crooks. I had my experience in Bangkok three years ago. I bought a GUESS bag for my wife at the SIAM PARAG0ON mall in Bangkok. Because we wanted to make sure the bag was genuine and not fake and were assuming buying it from a 5* mall AND from a original GUESS shop we would be safe. How wrong we were. One month later we found out it was fake. We went back to the GUESS shop and showed the manager the bag and our receipt. As expected, he admitted right away that the bag was fake indeed but claimed we did not buy it from him. End of the story. We were so angry that we even went to a police station to make a complaint. The cop said he would not make a report. Because, SIAM PARAGON NO SALE COPY. Thank you. Thats what we thought as well. In the mean time I know that almost every high-end shop in Thailand sells fake stuff. Especially to farangs. There are i.e. ROLEX copies that are almost identical to the original ones. Even an expert has difficulties to see the difference. Or, staff from 5* hotels send their customers to expensive jewelry shops in Bangkok. Only to get cheated with fake diamonds, gold and so on. I know all this is nothing new. But I was really shocked to find out over the years that in Thailand you get cheated on any level. Five star or not does not matter.

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

Police or shop owner does not matter. Both are crooks. I had my experience in Bangkok three years ago. I bought a GUESS bag for my wife at the SIAM PARAG0ON mall in Bangkok. Because we wanted to make sure the bag was genuine and not fake and were assuming buying it from a 5* mall AND from a original GUESS shop we would be safe. How wrong we were. One month later we found out it was fake. We went back to the GUESS shop and showed the manager the bag and our receipt. As expected, he admitted right away that the bag was fake indeed but claimed we did not buy it from him. End of the story. We were so angry that we even went to a police station to make a complaint. The cop said he would not make a report. Because, SIAM PARAGON NO SALE COPY. Thank you. Thats what we thought as well. In the mean time I know that almost every high-end shop in Thailand sells fake stuff. Especially to farangs. There are i.e. ROLEX copies that are almost identical to the original ones. Even an expert has difficulties to see the difference. Or, staff from 5* hotels send their customers to expensive jewelry shops in Bangkok. Only to get cheated with fake diamonds, gold and so on. I know all this is nothing new. But I was really shocked to find out over the years that in Thailand you get cheated on any level. Five star or not does not matter.

Same happened to me in the Paragon with Levis jeans. It's really very disappointing. Always be vigilant, if possible.

The issue is police extortion, but the story is about assault.

"It was revealed that moments earlier the team had visited another clothes shop nearby owned by Khun Wattana aged 30. He was also accused of selling illegal items and was offered a deal worth 15,000 Baht to clear the case. "

How screwed up is that? Any police arrested for extortion, including the copyright officer? Hell, no.

Amazing Thailand, and the junta is doing just a crack up job at doing nothing.

blink.png

The "issue" is a situation comedy plot ...