Ban Krut---Heads Up On Mubaan South Of Town?

shepsel

I recently visited Ban Krut--a village about 120 km south of Hua Hin--and I enjoyed the nice beaches and quiet lifestyle there. I am trying to find out as much information about living there part of the year, as I cannot tolerate the smoke in the north during February to May.

I came across a mubaan about a kilometre or so south of town, and most of the houses are for rent / sale. There is a condominium being built on an adjacent sight next to it. I would like to get any information I can on why this mubaan is almost abandoned. I couldn't find a real estate office in town or in Prachuep Kiri Khan to do any inquires, so I thought that some of TV members could clue me in.

Many thanks in advance.

What I am trying to find out is what is wrong with the area/mubaan. It seems like the only housing development near the sea and people are not living there--and I would like to know the reasons. There is also a condo development adjacent to the mubaan and I was trying to get information about units sold etc.

I was wondering if someone who lives in the area can give a realistic picture of what happened/ what is wrong?

• 3 months later...

What I am trying to find out is what is wrong with the area/mubaan. It seems like the only housing development near the sea and people are not living there--and I would like to know the reasons. There is also a condo development adjacent to the mubaan and I was trying to get information about units sold etc.

I was wondering if someone who lives in the area can give a realistic picture of what happened/ what is wrong?

This area of the Thai gulf coast is pretty volatile. It's attractive to those who don't require the nightlife or associated scene to enjoy a long stay, but boredom will set in pretty fast.

The landscape appears to be set up for a rosy future....land prices would suggest that alone, but there's not much interest to sustain it. New condos, a club which shuts down and reopens, flashy resorts dotted here and there.....everyone waiting for a sort of new Phuket to erupt but it ain't happening. It's inaccessible and demonstrates very sporadic planning.

It was lively in years past, now it seems to cater more to Thai tourists. Spend a few months there before you consider a condo....if that was your intent. There's a reason hua hin is more populated.

i am here right now..... the first time .. i am leaving in thailand since 25 years and since 5 years in cha-am.....

ban krut or ban grood .....

1. i don t see a lot of rent a house or house for sale ....

2. plenty of bungalow to rent for holiday not for a leaving...

Huge forest of coconut trees ... about 3000 people leave inside the forest ...... main work coconut business ...

ONE MAIN PROBELM HERE IS SHORTAGE OF WATER........most of the aera has no tape water .. water is cut beetwen 9am and 5pm .. on the beach you need to built a water tank to secure water ....

WHY IS IT NO SO POPULAR BY EXPAT or tourist... because full of jelly fisch ...

Pricing at the beach restaurants .. quiet similar to cha- am if not more expansiv .. basic fried rice on the beach is 100thai baht ...

you have one seven eleven and one mini tesco ....several ATM one pharmacy.

evening entertainment your internet and your wife .... therefor thaiwife must be older without boring for her ...

i would say... if you over 60 and had a busy life you can retired here .... calm ... calm ...

incentiv tours here from thai companies ... hUNDdred staff parties going on .. sometime lot of noice till midnight on beach aera...... karaoke etc ......

what is wrong here as requested ?????

condo( small one about 20 rooms ) one in construction on the beach near completed ...... one studio 1million baht.......

see some tourist here farang ; rent bicycle and touring the 6 km beach road ... swimming no as jelly fisch.. evennig basic food then go sleep and boum boum ...

LAND FOR SALE.... cheap in the forest but as mention there is water problem so no swmming pool etc ....

till now my second day here I HAVE NOT FIND any suitable house to rent ...

my problem here .; there is no swimmingpool as in cha- am ... but i like the forest near the beach ....but no water . so housing problem.....

if you buy or built house on the beach the future could look as cha- am run over by thai tourist group tours come for eating drinking ....

I THINK the hotel rate here are overpriced .. 1300 baht for a two star accomodation.......

I LIKE THE COCONUT TREE FOREST here .....but its to risky to built house in forest.. and then there are lot a mosquitos etc.. evening you better stay indoor ....

DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND house and house bungalow for holiday .... there is no traditional house to rent here ...only house or bungalow style house for a holiday ... you would hardly stay in such house one year here ..

on my inspection here this morning they ASKED me 25.000 thai baht monthly rent for what i thing is a big bungalow and they named it Villa !!!!

A VILLA IN HUA HIN IS MAY BE BE A REAL VILLA BUT HERE ITS MORE AND LESS JUST A BIG MUNGALOW ;;;.

I recently visited Ban Krut--a village about 120 km south of Hua Hin--and I enjoyed the nice beaches and quiet lifestyle there. I am trying to find out as much information about living there part of the year, as I cannot tolerate the smoke in the north during February to May.

I came across a mubaan about a kilometre or so south of town, and most of the houses are for rent / sale. There is a condominium being built on an adjacent sight next to it. I would like to get any information I can on why this mubaan is almost abandoned. I couldn't find a real estate office in town or in Prachuep Kiri Khan to do any inquires, so I thought that some of TV members could clue me in.

Many thanks in advance.

Take a look at Prachaup Khiri Khan, relaxed way of life, no crazy drivers, fantastic beach within wing 5 Airforce base!