Gym Equipment

gavin1981

Even for that little lot you would need a fair bit of space! Another member with the same profile picture, no idea on that one but I am willing to change mine if hes been on here longer than 2008 when I first joined?

biggrin.png I have been training for over 25 years, and I must admit that a home Gym has crossed my mind on several occasions! But is it really practical for the normal earner amongst us to set up a gym in the home that caters to our every need, I don’t think so as cost and space springs to mind. A home gym sounds good and it’s nice to say I have a gym at home, but realistically it doesn’t work and all your expensive equipment will eventually become redundant as you just can’t be bothered to use it!

For me at least I like to get out of the house and go to the Gym. Yes there aren’t any fantastic gyms in Pattaya but I’m sure that even a poor outside gym will have more equipment than what you can fit into the normal home. By the way if you haven’t heard of it the BEAR gym in Jomtien, which at the moment presents great new equipment and at a steal compared to Tony’s gym prices is well worth a look if you are close and serious about training.

Anyway good luck whichever way you want to go

NW

I would say that you right in many cases but for guys like you and me that have been training for 25 years or so it would workout good. In the end all you need is a latpully, power rack, some good dumbbells, dip standards, Olympic barbell and a cardio machine. I got all of that and as good if not better as in most gyms. Money wise.. pff will take a while to get all of it back. Plus if your not really committed to a house in Thailand it would be hell to transport it all the time.

So sure for the average guy a home gym is not a good idea but some like me get great results from it and it helps me. I don't like to travel too much to go to a gym. But I am not pattaya based.

Are you by any chance a reincarnation of an other member using the same profile picture.

I use one complete bedroom for what I have its perfect. For me it was the perfect solution and for others it might also be good. But that really depends on the individual. In general I agree.. gym is less hassle. But when you train serious an own gym can be quite nice.

Aircon on the temperature I like.. my music and never having to wait for others.

I am not sure when he joined and can't recall his name just recall the profile pic. Sorry was just curious no accusation of any sort.

The longer I've trained in public gyms the more I hate them. Started in 1975, so it has been quite awhile. Most of my distaste for public gyms started here in SE Asia (first in Philippines, now here) because they are dumps, for starters. I've trained in some very nasty places I can tell you...Dirty, usually too hot as the management are trying to save on electricity, and lots of strangers from all over the world with different (no) gym etiquette eg. hogging equipment, leaving piles of sweat all over it, BO, and wrecking equipment that you know will never get fixed if it gets broken.

This leaves quite a dilemma, because it's impractical for most of us to set up gyms, as we rent. Even if you own a place, unless you live in a house you're limited. For example, you cannot bolt pulleys to the floor in condos as the noise will carry though the concrete slabs and walls and have neighbours complaining (been through that problem before in a rental flat in Australia). An experienced lifter who has a lot of needs (or desires) in equipment doesn't have much choice other than slumming it at the local gyms.

Edited by tropo

And where has the OP gone? Several people offer good advice and then....he's gone...

The OP has not just disappeared, i have been in the backends of China working where the internet is a disgrace.

I am extremeley thankful for all the feedback i have got from the forum members.