Foreign tourist impresses no one with mighty leap from 2nd floor

webfact

Given that he did not order any food or drink, there is always the possibility that he was "helped" over the balcony by the waiters. After all, like so many tourists and expats before him have discovered, balconies can be incredibly slippery in Thailand. whistling.gif

It's not the slippery balconies, it is those low balcony railings. Us tall falangs seem to tip over and fall from them all the time. I can't recall reading any accounts of a Thai person falling over a "low" balcony railing. am all of 5' 7" when stretching, so if my obituary ever reads I fell over a balcony railing I hope it would be considered a bit suspect.

You also don't read about us tall farangs hanging ourselves from shower heads either.

In Australia you often see stories on the TV news about young guys getting drunk and falling/jumping off balconies.

Does this happen in the USA, the UK, Europe etc as well ?

Although it was a long time ago, and back then I used to drink a lot, I don't remember ever having a run in with a balcony.

yes mikemac all the time on holidays in the Med countries........... but there was always a swimming pool involved smile.png

While working in Thailand, a farang colleague of mine got drunk and did a handstand on the balcony of a condo. He fell and didn't make it. Cops came and demanded bribes form all the partygoers. People get drunk and do stupid things everywhere, but perhaps the railings are higher in the West?

Did the police check for drug use? Some get so high they think they can fly!

wheres the 'happens all over the world' post? id have thought that would have been in the top 12 posts......

Well, actually it does, but a lot of TV posters are convinced it only ever happens in Thailand, could not possibly happen in a "civilized" country.

So it is probably best not to say that it does happen all over the world. whistling.gif

Given that he did not order any food or drink, there is always the possibility that he was "helped" over the balcony by the waiters. After all, like so many tourists and expats before him have discovered, balconies can be incredibly slippery in Thailand. whistling.gif

Did not take long. Idiotic post of the day, so far.

''of the day'' blink.png You're being generous Mike. It's the most idiotic post I've read on here in my 5 years reading TV posts...and I've read some stupid shirt wink.png

You both must lead very sheltered lives or just be incredibly selective in your reading of both TV postings and balcony tumble posts by foreigners in Thailand. rolleyes.gif I also stated it was a "possibility" and not fact, which having seen the reaction of managers/waiters to people who refuse to pay bills in some Bangkok establishments or just refuse to buy anything at all, it is still not an impossible scenario. But then we would need a first hand account to actually verify what happened at 2 am in that "lovely" joint.

If he was back in the UK he would have been locked up.

You can come here and have a holiday without making a fool of yourself.

Not sure what UK you come from, but he wouldn't have been locked up in the one I come from.

A Kuwaiti tourist has unfortunately died in a bungee jump accident.

The man who brought Mr Kadhmnbadman to the hospital first told emergency room staff that the tourist had chest pain, and then fell unconscious,” Maj Teerasak Boonsang of the Patong Police told the Phuket Gazette.

“Then, after the emergency room staff asked more questions, he said that the tourist had fallen to the ground during a bungy jump.”

X-rays of Mr Kadhmbadman revealed that he had a broken neck and several broken ribs.

“After questioning hospital staff and investigating the scene of the accident, we believe that the wire securing Mr Kadhmbadman’s feet during the jump broke,” said Maj Teerasak.

“However, we will continue our investigation and question t - See more at: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Kuwaiti-tourist-dies-Phuket-bungyjump-accident/59207#ad-image-0

PHUKET: Police are investigating the death of a Kuwaiti tourist who was fatally injured in a bungy-jumping incident last night in Phuket.

Abdullah Adel Kadhmbadman, 25, was rushed to Patong Hospital by a World Bungy Jump Patong employee. He was pronounced dead shortly after he arrived at the hospital. - See more at: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Kuwaiti-tourist-dies-Phuket-bungyjump-accident/59207#ad-image-0

Police are investigating the death of a Kuwaiti tourist who was fatally injured in a bungy-jumping incident last night in Phuket.

Abdullah Adel Kadhmbadman, 25, was rushed to Patong Hospital by a World Bungy Jump Patong employee. He was pronounced dead shortly after he arrived at the hospital - See more at: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Kuwaiti-tourist-dies-Phuket-bungyjump-accident/59207#ad-image-0