Warm Wine - Am I wasting my money?

If it tastes like shit throw it out.

At Baht 790.- for 4 litres, in a Box, from a "Mom and Pop" Store what on earth do you expect?

Don't even bother to taste it.

Patrick

Rimping have a decent selection of boxed wines at 700-900bht for 5l.

Too warm, add some ice cubes.

Too bitter, add a teaspoon of sugar.

Works for me.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wine box at 790B for 4 liters.

It's certainly not very nice on the palette.

Am I wasting my money on wine here, if it is not kept (and probably shipped) properly.

You're buying wine at less than Baht 200 a litre. I don't think storage temperatures are the issue. Maybe it's the quality of cardboard used.

When you mention "palette" and boxed wine in the same paragraph, are you being facetious?

boxed wine never touches any cardboard as it is kept inside a plastic liner bag.

Wrong Naam the bag is made from aluminium biggrin.png

Cheapo wine with Coke used to be very popular (and possibly still is) amongst the Portuguese community in South Africa, where it was known as Catemba.

By the way do you lads really find it necessary to continually click on and repeat lengthy multiple posts? B....y irritating.

wine box at 790B for 4 liters.

It's certainly not very nice on the palette.

Am I wasting my money on wine here, if it is not kept (and probably shipped) properly.

You're buying wine at less than Baht 200 a litre. I don't think storage temperatures are the issue. Maybe it's the quality of cardboard used.

When you mention "palette" and boxed wine in the same paragraph, are you being facetious?

boxed wine never touches any cardboard as it is kept inside a plastic liner bag.

Wrong Naam the bag is made from aluminium biggrin.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag-in-box

In packaging, a bag-in-box or BiB is a type of container for the storage and transportation of liquids. It consists of a strong bladder (or plastic bag), usually made of several layers of metallised film or other plastics, seated inside a corrugated fiberboard box.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/bpa-free-plastic-bags-in-boxed-wines/

The bags are made out of #7 plastic, a catchall category typically containing mixed types of plastic (“polycarbonate”), combined for various practical reasons