Ordered Online - Half Size Delivered - What Can I Do...?

PJ33

I know in the US if a mistake was made in advertising the company does not have to make good on it, they only have to provide a refund.

I imagine there is a warning somewhere in the process indicating the photos may not be representative of the actual product.

It seems odd that there was no mention of the actual quantity in the product description.

Were it me I would either take what they sent or send it back for the refund.

Incidentally, I had an incident at the Emporium and my Thai credit card got me a refund.

Reply to h90:

I agree with you there. For me losing 15k might not be a big deal and I would just accept it because stuff like this would happen only rarely so the continual savings would make up for it over time. For a Thai on minimum wage that might be much different.

I also wouldn't want to deal with a Thai bank, I'm pretty sure they aren't interested very much in consumer protection. When you make a credit card claim, I think you deal with the card issuing bank, not VISA or VISA USA, but I might be wrong there.

Did you have that many issues with sellers on Lazada? I bought an imported product and this was promoted as a feature, it even said 'imported' in the headline and not in some fine print in the description.

Also, isn't there seller reviews like on Amazon? If the seller has sold a lot and received mostly positive feedback that also would lower your chance of getting a bad apple.

It is bad practice to send customer returns out as new. Back home they aren't allowed to do that and the products would have to be sold as used and then go for a significantly lower price.

I had a problem with every delivery from Lazada, they just didn't deliver until three complains and 2 weeks and in 2 cases starting a disput at Paypal.

But product was only in one case bad, but than the customer support complete failed. + there are several topics on ThaiVisa about problems with them.

But yes if saving 25% it is worth it.

They admit they sold you something that's different from what was represented on their website.

They have offered a full refund on return of the wrong product.

Where's the difficulty exactly?

Some people just like to moan

And make mountains out of mole hills

I bought a hair straightener for my daughter from Lazada. Now she has cut it short will they give me a refund?

Hire the biggest law firm in Bangkok and sue the crap out of them. This thread is about not taking crap off anyone so go for it.

"Back in the UK in this situation my understanding is that once a payment has been made, a seller must deliver as per their advertised price or offer a pro-rata refund for delivered deficiencies"

Your understanding of the UK is wrong. In the UK and here in Thailand you may reject the goods and return them for a full refund. If you paid by credit card or paypal then you could contact them for advice, but basically if you want a refund you should return the goods.

Actually, in the UK you also have the right to compensation for any consequential, foreseeable losses caused by the mis-representation. Common law shows that fixing any deficiencies (replacing the missing contents) which could not have reasonably been expected are consequential, foreseeable losses.

Returning the items for a refund would be an option, but so would buying the other 100 capsules and billing the expense to the seller.

That being said considering the low value involved, it sounds like OP is just looking for a fight.

Edited by wprime

Your making a storm out of nothing, send them back, they were polite to offer to refund, your stress levels will rise and then your up for a whole stack of drugs to chill you out, if you don't mind it don't matter, sabi sabi.