Thaksin in Montenegro to request larger passport book

Lite Beer

Actually I see it's not in schengen either. However I looked it up and it says you can go visa free anywhere in Europe. Can also go to Caribbean and parts of South America plus Cambodia and Laos. Where else would you want to go?

Dubai?

Or perhaps Uganda, Tanzania & Zimbabwe, South Africa where he has/had mining-investments. Or Congo & the USSR, where he has/had friends (like President Putin), or China where "I am really close to the Chinese government".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timferguson/2012/10/30/qa-thaksin-sits-down-with-forbes/

"Liberia, Uganda and Swaziland for investments in diamonds and gold. He has posted photographs of meetings with leaders on trips to Sri Lanka, Papua New Guinea and the Maldives."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/sep/02/thaksin-shinawatra-resurfaces-south-africa

Singapore, where he's had business-dealings with Temasek, and went to the funeral of the late premier.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/thaksin-shinawatra/

Hong Kong, where he made a profit on a property he bought, and then sold, reportedly in his daughter's name.

<<<< 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum. >>>>

The USA where he met Henry Kissinger "for a chat".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timferguson/2012/10/29/thaksin-in-exile-advising-sister-digging-for-gold/

Burma, where he's linked with the Dawei project, or perhaps Cambodia, where he was (for a short time) an economic-adviser to Hun-Sen's government ?

And the list goes on & on, it's quite interesting to follow.

Edited by metisdead

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“Come to Montenegro to renew passport due to run out of Pages. Now ready to conquer the world.”

The shins just can't get their head around correct English grammar.

I wonder, if out of habit, he will try to bribe the passport office for more pages..

“Come to Montenegro to renew passport due to run out of Pages. Now ready to conquer the world.”

The shins just can't get their head around correct English grammar.

I wonder, if out of habit, he will try to bribe the passport office for more pages..

I presumed that was automatically translated

Thaksin using Montenegrin passport now

THE SUNDAY NATION

BANGKOK: -- FORMER PRIME minister Thaksin Shinawatra was in Berlin, Germany, after having his Montenegrin passport renewed in Montenegro, according to social media reports.

Thaksin, whose Thai passports were revoked by the Foreign Ministry recently, posted a photo of himself in front of a shop he said was in Berlin on Instagram.

"This German pork leg shop has been known since 1621, almost 400 years," his message read.

Thaksin's daughter Paethongtarn also posted his photo taken at a seaside village on her Instagram page. She said he wrote to her, "Come to Montenegro to renew passport due to run[ning] out of pages. Now ready to conquer the world."

Paethongtarn, Thaksin's youngest daughter, explained that his Montenegrin passport ran out of space for stamping. She said that he used the passport to enter Germany.

Thaksin's Thai passports, re-issued to him during the previous government led by his sister Yingluck, were again revoked |by the Foreign Ministry.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Thaksin-using-Montenegrin-passport-now-30261793.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-06-07

To all the Thai newspapers ....

Forget about Thaksin .......... move on !!!

No more stories .... PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thai news media keeps Thaksin on the front page.

Prayut is lucky Thaksin doesn't do weekly broadcasts accessible in Thailand. Prayut would lose his listeners.

Like or dislike Thaksin - he is a natural born publicity hound of a political A-lister.

Many countries around the world offer citizenship,and subsequently passports,for investment including the UK.

There are many options for this with money.

So how come the paymaster doesn't have a British Passport.

- 'Unsavoury person'

- banned at one stage.

But yes he does have passports from 2 countries, no doubt bought, but both countries have close to zero respect internationally. and neither are working democracies.

How can this be, the man now claims to be the champion of democrcay.

His usual double standards.

Thai news media keeps Thaksin on the front page.

Prayut is lucky Thaksin doesn't do weekly broadcasts accessible in Thailand. Prayut would lose his listeners.

Like or dislike Thaksin - he is a natural born publicity hound of a political A-lister.

Who has no hesitation to tell lies to the international media.

Great example for the youth of Thailand.

Many countries around the world offer citizenship,and subsequently passports,for investment including the UK.

- 'Unsavoury person'

- banned at one stage.

But yes he does have passports from 2 countries, no doubt bought, but both countries have close to zero respect internationally. and neither are working democracies.

How can this be, the man now claims to be the

champion of democrcay.

I guess two passports are enough, he was simply anticipating what just happened perhaps?

As for why he doesn't' have a UK passport, no idea but persons have to be in residence for specific periods of time maybe that has something to with it?

But many of the EU countries offer easier, cheaper citizenship options. Anyone within reason can "buy" another passport.

I assume he needs a replacement because without his diplomatic status, he is subject to the same inflated administrative requirements we all encounter. Too late to fix them now sucker, and how quickly those tautologically conflated travel documents fill up.

Depending on how supercilious the immigration dude feels on the day.

Edited by Manbing

- 'Unsavoury person'

- banned at one stage.

champion of democrcay.

I guess two passports are enough, he was simply anticipating what just happened perhaps?

As for why he doesn't' have a UK passport, no idea but persons have to be in residence for specific periods of time maybe that has something to with it?

But many of the EU countries offer easier, cheaper citizenship options. Anyone within reason can "buy" another passport.

Indeed, arriving by boat being one of them. Still I'm not sure about the easier, cheaper options EC countries offer. Could you list some for our information?

Why is Interpol arresting minor offenders and not this important criminal?

Because everyone knows that his "conviction" was politically motivated. Interpol doesn't get involved in internal disputes.

Actually because the Abhisit government started to ask, but needed to get a few documents translated, then the Yingluck government dropped things and the Prayut government rather has him out of the country.

Anyway, Thaksin still unfazed, still going on that having his Thai passports revoked doesn't matter, and a few posters obfuscating as usual.

It's almost as if it does hurt, it does matter.

Conquer the world (minus Thailand) clap2.gif

He already conquered Thailand.

Normally when you conquer you stay, because you can------why then did he do a runner--was he an ex driver with several crash records ?? mostly after you conquer you get thrown out. He saw it coming.

Why is Interpol arresting minor offenders and not this important criminal?

Because everyone knows that his "conviction" was politically motivated. Interpol doesn't get involved in internal disputes.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

- 'Unsavoury person'

- banned at one stage.

champion of democrcay.

Indeed, arriving by boat being one of them. Still I'm not sure about the easier, cheaper options EC countries offer. Could you list some for our information?

Do a simple search on Google you don't need me to hold your hand do you?

Just HAS to get into the headlines. Make sure you don't forget me me me me me !!

Not really. It is a convenient way of telling the Thai military administration that the revocation of his Thai passport hasn't caused him any significant inconvenience. In layman's terms, he just gave the finger to the General.

Curiously, I view it the opposite way. He has just had to undergo the now public ignominy

of having to travel to Montenegro to obtain travel documents which he thought he would

not require. Making life just that little more awkward for the miserable old sod......and this

is what this game is all about.....

Funny how I can get thrown in jail, then prison, then jail again and then deported for letting my visa expire while I was in the hospital with a head injury (I've since been readmitted with a resident visa) - and someone like Taksin can "renew" his passport while on the run and a fugitive? TIT.

Edited by TerrylSky