Tourist Visa Attempt in Kuala Lumpur (AVOID)

What do you call a flip flop.

This is a flip flop and in my opinion not proper attire. I can remember them being called shower shoes in my younger days.

post-66997-0-58208600-1433809469_thumb.j

Sandals are different and are more acceptable.

Like one of these.

post-66997-0-57990200-1433810093_thumb.j post-66997-0-48292400-1433810095_thumb.j

• Like 1

This is a flip flop and in my opinion not proper attire. I can remember them being called shower shoes in my younger days.

attachicon.gifflip flop.jpg

Like one of these.

attachicon.gifsandals1.jpg attachicon.gifsandals2.jpg

Bottom two examples of footwear are only acceptable when one wears walking shorts and white socks with them

• Like 2

Like one of these.

Bottom two examples of footwear are only acceptable when one wears walking shorts and white socks with them

Why?

Just your opinion I think.

Like one of these.

And has a beard / carries a staff ;) [sorry, couldn't resist...]

On a serious note, is this "Requirement" for a hotel receipt in Malaysia common in KL/Malaysia?

I now use KL as my base whilst staying in Asia & had planned on using the Embassy here for any Visa requirements (none needed so far as I just "Bounce Around") but stay at my mate's condo so have no evidence of residency.

Edited by JB300

You wore flip-flops to an embassy? Did you wear shorts too? The way you dress may or may not affect your chances, but it sure can't hurt to dress properly.

Agreed, you should not wear girls shoes when applying for a visa

You wore flip-flops to an embassy? Did you wear shorts too? The way you dress may or may not affect your chances, but it sure can't hurt to dress properly.

I have not worne long trousers since October 2010 when I was a week in cold EU.

Also at present, I would not even have long trousers who fit my new upgraded bodyweight.

Was in Thai Consular sections of Embassies or Consulates or Thai Immigration since.

Even, sometimes with flip flops. rolleyes.gif No problem. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

KL is not on my list of places to go for any visa. The are just to inconsistent in their requirements.

For tourist visas they have asked for financial proof that only a Malaysian or a resident could supply from some people. It think the ticket out of the country is a new one.

I had also to present the ticket out of Singapore, when i was there for a Visa

and I can say,avoid Singapore and Kuala Lumpur to apply for a visa.

I did it in both places

and in Singapore I got than a Tourist visa instead of a Non immigrant O for having children with a Thai I applied for. Documentation not ok for their standard.

and in KL, I waited for hours until I was told, they wanted more place in my Passport,

(also I had a full page left for the Visa sticker) and sent me away. bah.gif