Pork Pies

edd

WMC in Chaiyapruk 2 do Pork pies, but the effects of the economy seem to have taken their toll and they are in the process of closing

I am not doubting you but I really hope that isn't true, I have been getting my beef there for over 5' years.

WMC in Chaiyapruk 2 do Pork pies, but the effects of the economy seem to have taken their toll and they are in the process of closing

I am not doubting you but I really hope that isn't true, I have been getting my beef there for over 5' years.

Go and check it out for yourself it may be over by the end of the month the way they were talking, the products don't seem to be the same as they were when Wayne had it originally too

I've been told they use rat meat inside the pies here, customers cannot tell the difference.

They probably told you that you had to pay sinsot...................... did you believe that one as well ?

It is the porky pie thread I suppose biggrin.png

Go and check it out for yourself it may be over by the end of the month the way they were talking, the products don't seem to be the same as they were when Wayne had it originally too

That would be a shame, never has been quite the same since Eric left, seemed to loose the way a bit after that.

I've been told they use rat meat inside the pies here, customers cannot tell the difference.

They probably told you that you had to pay sinsot...................... did you believe that one as well ?

It is the porky pie thread I suppose biggrin.png

Could couple this with the other thread Indian food.

Indian restaurants in northern England,not exactly accused but dozens if not 100s of cats heads found close to these restaurants,just wonder if the bodies found there way into whatever dish they cooked up

Lived in India years ago ,would never eat anything unless vegetarian

That would be a shame, never has been quite the same since Eric left, seemed to loose the way a bit after that.

Since Eric left their quality control certainly went down hill. I now have to check all my orders and end up sending as much as 1/3 back to be exchanged. Still it will be a sad day if/when they go.

The advantages of making your own pork pies, bacon, ham, sausages etc is that the outlay for the equipment is not that much, there are literally thousands of recipes available and you know what actually know what goes into them. You are making for you and nobody else so you can put in more or less of this or that until you are happy,

I work off my dining room table with a 3,000 baht fan assisted oven from Makro in the spare room, a meat processor I brought from NZ 6 years ago, some spring form tins I bought from Central (though a lot of stuff is easily available on EBay) and just work it from there.

When you start, take photos and make notes and when you make mistakes, and you will, write down what you did wrong and learn from it the next time.

One of the nicest things is the smell of food cooking (on the downside the worst smell is your food burning).

Try it if you wish, you may even get to like it,

Is there a best way to reheat pies in a microwave?

We sre talking about pork pies here!! Reheat?????

Lenny. I have had them fresh from the bakers warm and were lovely but would never reheat once cold. I was working on a boat in the North Sea with a Filipino Catering crew, the menu said pie, mash and gravy so I said yes please, you guessed it oven warmed pork pie with bisto gravy.......................

Lenny. I have had them fresh from the bakers warm and were lovely but would never reheat once cold. I was working on a boat in the North Sea with a Filipino Catering crew, the menu said pie, mash and gravy so I said yes please, you guessed it oven warmed pork pie with bisto gravy.......................

I have never heard of eating Pork Pie hot,let alone with gravy?? You must mean steak and kidney pie? Pork pie is always eaten cold,with strong English mustard. But there again some people have weird tastessmile.png Does enyone remember Blooms Pie and mash in the east end of london? also their salt beef and schmalz herring?

I have never heard of eating Pork Pie hot,let alone with gravy?? You must mean steak and kidney pie? Pork pie is always eaten cold,with strong English mustard. But there again some people have weird tastessmile.png Does enyone remember Blooms Pie and mash in the east end of london? also their salt beef and schmalz herring?

Read my post, I know exactly what a Pork Pie is and my recounting the tale was to show the lack of understanding of the Filipino caterers. Please do not assume that posters don't know what they are saying. And yes I have eaten warm pork pies straight from the bakers, I was dubious at first but they were nice.

It's a Yorkshire thing, hot pork pies. With mushy peas. They're hot too.

It must be... aye lad fxxxxxx mushy peas Last time I was with a few lads from up north,they were building us an exhibition stand in Koln.

They after 40 kolsch beers they said,pointing at the Cologne Cathedral . Nooooo fuxxxxx way is Cologne Dom a tall as fuxxxxx Blackpool tower.

In every resuraunt they wanted,,Quote,, Fuxxxxx Prawn cocktail, followed by, fuxxxxx steak and chips,the German chef had to make them mushy peas. .This went on for 5 days.

So tell me about it. Pork pies originate from Melton Mobray, but there we go.