Boom box car infestation on Jomtien Beach Rd.

LALes

You should feel lucky

In Panama they have boom trucks

Basically vans concerted to speakers on wheels

The police claim it is their culture

Because the father's used to come out and play their 8 tracks

On the steps to the beach...broken beer

And liquor bottles on one side and shot all over the steps on the other side

Great for small kids next morning

I was told that this is Panamanian culture as well..we are proud to be cochines(pigs)

Anyway as far as the noise..i try

To think back 40 years ago and remember

The police harassing me because MY music was too loud....this was obviously not in

PANAMA OR THAILAND

I am waiting !

At such a point, usually the Farang "Thainess-Brigade" rides in, repeating the Mantra: "If you don't like it here=go home." (All in hibernation?) Usually the slightest criticism concerning "Thainess" brings them out of the woodwork to repeat the Mantra for the 1000endst of times. Of course, not having any counter-arguments, the Mantra will have to suffice.

Remarkably enough, Farangs, having lived here for 10 years or more, seem to be free of the "Thainess-Virus". It therefore must be a Newcomers-Desease,that time will cure eventually.

Cheers

Just to keep you happy "if you dont like it go home" no I dont rally mean that. You are right the noise in both Jomtien and Pattaya is bad. I guess there must be a lot of people with hearing problems

I have a terrible problem with this in Bang Saray. So much so that after one year of living in my very beautiful beach house I now have it on the market. I've already bought a nice new house on Palm Hills Golf Course in Hua Hin and it is very peaceful and very very quiet .... esp. at night.

I am sorry to hear this, Ed. I was about to write 'move to tranquil Bang Saray'. Whereabouts did this noise pollution take place?

I have a terrible problem with this in Bang Saray. So much so that after one year of living in my very beautiful beach house I now have it on the market. I've already bought a nice new house on Palm Hills Golf Course in Hua Hin and it is very peaceful and very very quiet .... esp. at night.

I am sorry to hear this, Ed. I was about to write 'move to tranquil Bang Saray'. Whereabouts did this noise pollution take place?

I drove through Bang Saray in the evening a few weeks ago looking for somewhere new to eat at and there was an assortment of trucks making boom-boom noises outside some shop just opposite the open area used for the weekly market. Needless to say I kept on driving.

But I suspect that HerbalEd is talking about the Beach Road area which also attracts these witless morons. Buyers in the DelMare condo will surely be delighted.

It's the same in Ban Chang and Rayong.

After I moved to a quite. nice location near NaJomtien I couldnt care less about the noise . No dogs, no music , no loud Thais screaming, only bird song in the mornings. Finally some peace.

it has taken me 15 years to come to a realization that most people reach in a month or two of being in thailand. the police in thai are far removed from our western perception of police and policing. it really is an easy money extortion syndicate.

patrols-handling noise complaints and other nuisances, doing investigations, researching trends and patterns, community outreach- aint gonna happen.

rip offs, bribes, extortions, are where it's at.

occasionally they seem to be forced into some poice like work in the case of murder or multi body road armageddon, but in most situations unless some quick money is at hand they just aren't interested.

they could fine those jerkwad music afficianados 2,000 baht, but how many would have 2,000 on hand? not many. that means giving tickets and following up with fines and court appearances etc. aint gonna happen.

i feel for you. nothing more infuriating that bass only throbbs irritating the hell out of you in the privacy of your own home, but the police are probably of no help.

maybe i have swung too far to the cynical side, but my experience has been that getting angry and complaining accomplishes nothing. you have to figure a solution yourself without help or assistance from police or government.

we get them here as we live one street back from the lake, there was a gathering organized by the owner of the shop that fitted all the cars with the speakers etc and was given the green light by the local head man that lives no where near us, Music went to 3 am, we had to yell at each other to hear what we were saying, Grand mum was on her death bed and was in agony from the bass rattling her bones but they refused to turn it down, I was in a heavy rock band in my younger years and enjoy loud music but these idiots do not know how to use the bass/treble to get a decent tone, they go full bass and it is sh*t, if they had half a brain and knew what the music should sound like it might help but they dont and they dont care about the sh*t they are causing, babies screaming, old people in agony. all the house windows rattling that hard they sound like they will shatter and people not able to do anything other than sit there. There is a limit, unfortunately in Thailand these idiots have never been taught to consider others. Just the other week we had a worker at the lake starting at 5am and turning the music up as loud as he could till I confronted him, luckily he turned it down, they are morons, age has nothing to do with it, its called consideration for those that live there, I am sure these idiots would be screaming if we did it outside their houses at these times..

Was this one occasion ?

I think old people writhing in agony is a bit over the top- I presume this was a joke post?

it was no joke to our grandmother, 100 cars/trucks with their music flat out and a stage doing it as well all just 40 metres away if that. We approached the people running it and explained what it was doing to her but they simply told us they had permission and we couldnt stop them, We get loud music regularly because of the lake, this was the worst we have ever had. Unfortunately for some reason thais dont want to complain, just hoping I can find out exactly where the head man lives so I can return the favour, all I know is that he is well away from this area.

• 2 weeks later...

it has taken me 15 years to come to a realization that most people reach in a month or two of being in thailand. the police in thai are far removed from our western perception of police and policing. it really is an easy money extortion syndicate.

patrols-handling noise complaints and other nuisances, doing investigations, researching trends and patterns, community outreach- aint gonna happen.

rip offs, bribes, extortions, are where it's at.

occasionally they seem to be forced into some poice like work in the case of murder or multi body road armageddon, but in most situations unless some quick money is at hand they just aren't interested.

they could fine those jerkwad music afficianados 2,000 baht, but how many would have 2,000 on hand? not many. that means giving tickets and following up with fines and court appearances etc. aint gonna happen.

i feel for you. nothing more infuriating that bass only throbbs irritating the hell out of you in the privacy of your own home, but the police are probably of no help.

maybe i have swung too far to the cynical side, but my experience has been that getting angry and complaining accomplishes nothing. you have to figure a solution yourself without help or assistance from police or government.

Dont you people know anything all these years of living here.You have to pay the police to get off their arse.A bunch of you get together and start a fund,put them on a retainer.Get your own security to do some dirty deeds for you,who knows,they may be of duty cops.You gotta think like a Thai to solve a Thai problem.Plenty of Thais will help you out,you will be surprised.

We had exactly the same post a few weeks back.

I will say exactly the same.

1. If you wish to live in total peace and quiet- move to Nakhon Nowhere and really nowhere to avoid dogs, parties, temples , funerals, weddings etc or some fabulous village in Europe.

2. We do NOT live in the West- there is no point whatsoever applying any Western values in regards to noise etc.

3 . Don't whinge- were you not young once and tearing up the neighbourhood occasionally ?

4. Why does it matter? Bop along and smile when you drive past- just love the effort some guys have put into their pick ups

5. We live in a sea side tourist resort- it's lively and fun.

6. Don't get old before you time and spend your life complaining .

you can find nice quiet places in Nepal, up the mointains above 3.000 met !

I prefer 4 - 5.000, met, no beer, no TV , NO NO mobile !!!!!!!!

I realise you are trying to make a point,but all those things are available at 5k metres.The difference is,Nepalese arent rude bastards.

Its not just the boom trucks, fruit sellers blaring out about B5 limes, new clubs opening, fashion shows ads and of coarse every new condo building has to have one, well sometimes not one is enough three following each other with their garbled inaudible racket

My road in Pratumnak is a magnet to the tannoy vans with their blaring speaker.

Want a quiet lay down in the afternoon, not a chance one after the other they trundle down my Soi The higher you are the worse it is

Fighting fire with fire?

Install the same noise generating technology in your front yard or balcony. Every time a boom box car approaches : Turn it up baby ! If you play any music, composed by a guy named "Igor Stravinsky". Be assured, no Thai could stand this any longer than 2 minutes.

--------------------------------------------

But then again, no! If a Thai does this, it's part of their culture and way of live. If Farang does the same, Police will be there in no time at all: Charges could range from #%^&* to *!?"&_=+; but mainly $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !

Cheers.

Fighting fire with fire?

Install the same noise generating technology in your front yard or balcony. Every time a boom box car approaches : Turn it up baby ! If you play any music, composed by a guy named "Igor Stravinsky". Be assured, no Thai could stand this any longer than 2 minutes.

--------------------------------------------

But then again, no! If a Thai does this, it's part of their culture and way of live. If Farang does the same, Police will be there in no time at all: Charges could range from #%^&* to *!?"&_=+; but mainly $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !

Cheers.

"Fighting fire with fire." Great idea!

post-110622-0-87905100-1435055174_thumb.