TukCom's 2 day sale selling Samsung Galaxy S5

SheungWan

TukCom's 2-day sale this weekend June 13-14 selling Samsung Galaxy S5 for the great price of 11,199 reduced from over ~18500. The sale will be on the 4th floor and you need to take your passport. I think it is around 40% discount to the listed price on sale elsewhere. Plus add on VAT refund if this is operating and that's an attractive deal for a water-resistant phone.

Stock sold out today, Saturday. Don't know if they are getting in any more stock for tomorrow Sunday.

That is why I never get excited about anything that TukCom has a sale on, they never have enough stock for even one day, no less two

In the West it is called "bait and switch"

Tuk-Com's been doing this for years; posters and signs all over the place advertising blow out prices on certain hot items. Always a stampede at the door on opening sale day...whatever product actually available gone in minutes. I suspect other traders buy most of it in private deals before doors even open and resell it.

Tuk-Com's been doing this for years; posters and signs all over the place advertising blow out prices on certain hot items. Always a stampede at the door on opening sale day...whatever product actually available gone in minutes. I suspect other traders buy most of it in private deals before doors even open and resell it.

Although it was a blow-out price on the listed price for the S5, 11,000 is probably the right price now. The S5 distinctly old-fashioned in style and old stock that needs to be cleaned out. At 18k it is too expensive as was the Alpha iphone lookalike. At 18K the girls will grab an iphone 5c if they have a choice. At 11k the Alpha is a seller as is the S5, but even I dithered at the sale price and wandered in to enquire too late. I think other traders would not want to take on stocks of the S5 which would then just sit there gathering dust at a higher price.

Archived