Urinating Foreigner Facebook Clip angers Thai social media Pattaya community

webfact

Maybe I should start taking pictures and posting up on social media all the Thais I see urinating in public. I doubt the Thais would disapprove and complain.

What about all the Thais who stop their truck and have a pee? I have it many times, a Thai guy standing in full view of passing traffic peeing away shamelessly instead of staying out of view at the nearside of the truck.

That is not the same as peeing in public on a baht bus.

its exactly the same, its peeing in full public view

Really ?

i don't think so... standing on the running board of a Baht bus while it is traveling down a highly populated area like Beach Road, Pattaya is somewhat different to taking a leak on the roadside by your stationary truck (unless, of course, it was parked on Beach Road).

Anyone ever seen a Thai taking a leak by the side of his truck on Beach Road?

Edited by Jip99

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I should start taking pictures and posting up on social media all the Thais I see urinating in public. I doubt the Thais would disapprove and complain.

What about all the Thais who stop their truck and have a pee? I have it many times, a Thai guy standing in full view of passing traffic peeing away shamelessly instead of staying out of view at the nearside of the truck.

This thread continues to get more ludicrous!

No doubt that is offensive, but again the double standard for Thais vs Farang is evident, ..... I see Thai men urinating in public every day

So that makes it OK then ?

My missus says "Don't talk about what Thais do, Farangs are on a higher level, better quality, don't compare yourself to Thais. Don't criticise Thais and then go pi55ing from a Baht bus".

Just passing on her message.

Really ?

i don't think so... standing on the running board of a Baht bus while it is traveling down a highly populated area like Beach Road, Pattaya is somewhat different to taking a leak on the roadside by your stationary truck (unless, of course, it was parked on Beach Road).

no different from someone taking a pee in full view of cars passing by on any road, whether its beach road or any other road, baht bus or pick up is some what irrelevant

one is still urinating in full public view and a court of law would see this any differently its still public indecency, the person still has his penis out in a public place for the world to see.

I am beginning to realise that some of the outrage here by some members might in fact be embarrassment, as they are reminded of their own bed wetting and having to wear adult nappies when retiring for the evening and having to explain to their teeraks in the morning why they couldn't control their own bladders during the night and had to go wee wee all over the bed sheets

only to those who cannot see or is it "pee" ?

Really ?

no different from someone taking a pee in full view of cars passing by on any road, whether its beach road or any other road, baht bus or pick up is some what irrelevant

one is still urinating in full public view and a court of law would see this any differently its still public indecency, the person still has his penis out in a public place for the world to see.

I am beginning to realise that some of the outrage here by some members might in fact be embarrassment, as they are reminded of their own bed wetting and having to wear adult nappies when retiring for the evening and having to explain to their teeraks in the morning why they couldn't control their own bladders during the night and had to go wee wee all over the bed sheets

You have a vivid - if not slightly unstable - imagination Southpeel. I will give you that.

Edited by Jip99

It does doesn't it?

Really ?

You have a vivid - if not slightly unstable - imagination Southpeel. I will give you that.

Thank you, I am usually accused of having a very warped sense of humour, but I will take your complement all the same

The Thais would be laughing if he had a very small unit but perhaps they are upset because it makes them feel small.....

But seriously, Thais pissing along the road or this nitwit pissing off the back of a bahtbus are both unacceptable. I think the difference however is that the Thai is standing facing to woods or a building and the farang was letting it hang out for everyone to get a full view. But what is the fine if they find him, 500 baht ? A Thai would pay 200 maybe.

Well if someone is really in need of urinating and can not find a toilet near by should try to find a quite place where not much visible and do the needful but standing on the Baht Bus and urinating is a shame. I am sure this man is drunk as the way he is standing explain it. He should not be imprison for this but being fine is not a bad idea.

Wow, the Thais are angry about a white guy pissing in public? Talk about a case of the pot calling the kettle black!

Last time I pissed "in public" was 7 years ago on a lonely highway in the Nevada desert. Nature called and I answered, standing discreetly behind my friend's truck. But the trooper apparently noticed the trademark thousand yard stare at the clouds and came screeching in, giving his siren a few yips. Cost me $140.

Urinating in public is disgusting no matter what nationality you are, where you come from or where you are at the time.

lets put another spin on this question, lets suppose the circumstances around this incident remain the same,but it was a young male boy taking a whizz off the back of the bus, Would the hang em high brigade on TV be asking for his summary execution ? or a back lash in the Thai media ?....I suspect in the Thai media at least it would be seeing it as "cute"

but the fact remains we still have someone with their John Thomas out peeing off the back of a bus in public

I've been noticing that Thais are becoming more vocal in getting irritated with "Farangs" even in the smallest ways...something they were afraid of doing...say 10 years back.

Pissing out of the back of a songtaew isn't really that small.

Also the "outrage" is all on Facebook and other social media, which wasn't around 10 years ago.

The Thai guy on he motorbike behind was most vocal.......

Urinating in public is disgusting no matter what nationality you are, where you come from or where you are at the time.

Now Keesters, I thought we were friends! You don't even want me to piss in the desert out with the sand and cacti?

That would be in a 'public place' but not 'in public' i.e. with people around. There is a difference which I hope you can see.

lets put another spin on this question, lets suppose the circumstances around this incident remain the same,but it was a young male boy taking a whizz off the back of the bus, Would the hang em high brigade on TV be asking for his summary execution ? or a back lash in the Thai media ?....I suspect in the Thai media at least it would be seeing it as "cute"

but the fact remains we still have someone with their John Thomas out peeing off the back of a bus in public

I would not see it as cute. But would place more blame / disgust on the lads parents than the child in such a case as you describe.

I would not see it as cute. But would place more blame / disgust on the lads parents than the child in such a case as you describe.

ok well normal people might see it as cute then...

Awesome now we just need a raft of apologists with the but I see Thai's doing that all the time so it must be alright for me to do it to. Because the puerile, there doing it to defense which was always good back in 4th grade is of course an acceptable reason to act like a grub when you are an adult.

ok well normal people might see it as cute then...

Anyone who sees a young lad taking a whizz in a public place as cute is most certainly not normal in my opinion.

Well the video shows a foreigner peeing from a moving bahtbus, I can understand why Thais are angry about this behavior. I have never seen a Thai do that.

I have never seen anyone do it ... except this pissing dude in the video.

It's moronic showboating behavior of an individual ... that it might be used by Thais to whip up xenophobic anger is something else, and totally unjustified.

You know, Thailand wants ... arguably needs ... foreign money.

With that money, you get a certain percentage of morons.

Goes with the territory.

Edited by Jingthing