Sheesha Crackdown around Pattaya begins

webfact

Sheesha Crackdown around Pattaya begins

sheesha-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Banglamung District Officials in conjunction with the Royal Thai Army, have begun a city-wide crackdown on those supplying Sheesha, which has now been outlawed in Pattaya.

Last week a letter was circulated amongst bar owners and others who are known to sell Sheesha either wholesale or retail. This letter does not seem to have deterred some business owners, who continue providing Sheesha, therefore the crackdown was organized.

In the early hours of Wednesday a number of locations were checked, including Soi 16 and Soi 17 in South Pattaya and Walking Street. Two shops, known to supply Sheesha and implements to smoke the tobacco to local retail outlets, were visited and seizures of Sheesha and the smoking devices were made.

Some of the shops were closed and it is thought they received tip-offs about the impending crackdown from someone within the District Office.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199749/sheesha-crackdown-around-pattaya-begins/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-11

just keep on taking away people freedoms, becoming more like a falang country

What about the freedom to breath air that is not poisoned with tobacco smoke Hoss ? Your freedom to smoke stops where my health starts And by the way the spelling is farang .

What about the freedom to breath air that is not poisoned with tobacco smoke Hoss ? Your freedom to smoke stops where my health starts And by the way the spelling is farang .

Fantastic things,

You can blow great clouds of smoke around to choke everyone near you, share the mouth piece and get your next throat infection from someone, sorry , forgot all the mouth pieces here are carefully steralised in the old dish water and dried with the same cloth that was used in the toilet. Maybe if you're lucky you can get a nice mouth ulcer. You can keep them alight with a piece of charcoal that was probably made from wood that was treated with wood preservative or lead paint and retains all the lovely chemicals.

Go for it bangkokheat, just do it in your home please.

Guess there are no, other, more important vices to be solved in the city of sin. I am a non smoker, but outside it's up to them.

Unfortunately, but when about 80% of these " high quality" tourists and almost all Asian males lie around smoking cigarettes all day,

like along the beach, its a problem for some non smokers.

And on the topic ; Have you ever walked up Soi Arab/16 from Walking st to Pratamak (2nd rd continued ) without a problem with smoke ?

Edited by morrobay

Ferchrissake, this is Pattaya we're talking about! This is a vacation destination, laws should be made to allow as much freedom of choice as possible. I've walked by shisha clubs, and while it's not my cup of tea, it didn't kill me nor insult beyond repair my fragile sensibilities. If you move to Pattaya then complain about its endearing charms, then RELOCATE TO JOMTIEN! If you want a sterile, boring, "same as every other vacation" spot, then keep up the whinging.

And before you grammar Nazis have an aneurism, "shisha" is a perffectly acceptable spelling.

Perhaps you would be best living somewhere you would like instead of trying to change those that enjoy living there just how it is.

General flame removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Perhaps you would be best living somewhere you would like instead of trying to change those that enjoy living there just how it is.

I go along with that , not that I would live there with or without shisha. Not seen farang in a dictionary but I always write on here FERLUNG as that it what the Thais call me ,never been called a farang in 10 years.

Here we go again : If you dont like it here move . - Ad Nauseam.

So some have lived here 10 years and have not realized that Thais pronounce r as l ??

Rice/lice.

Its amazing how these smokers ( and its obvious who they are ) take the stand that they are the ones putting up with non non smokers.

Kind of supports a recent article that states that smoking degrades more the just the physical ...

Edited by morrobay

The reason the Thai authorities care is about the tobacco used in shisha being illicit and off the tax system, right? It's certainly not about health for the smokers or the public! crazy.gif

Remember shisha smoking is actually more carcinogenic than ciggies.

They are not cracking down on smokers in Go-Go's. I am guessing it must be a tax issue as

mentioned above. Personally I don't smoke so it does not bother me. If there are too many

smokers wherever I am I just choose another bar. There are plenty of options. tongue.png

Here we go again : If you dont like it here move . - Ad Nauseam.

So some have lived here 10 years and have not realized that Thais pronounce r as l ??

Rice/lice.

Its amazing how these smokers ( and its obvious who they are ) take the stand that they are the ones putting up with non non smokers.

Kind of supports a recent article that states that smoking degrades more the just the physical ...

lets put this way

if you don't wish to partake in prostitution...don't go to the places which offer it, by the same token if shisha offends your sensibilities, then don't go to places that offer shisha....not a difficult concept to understand is it

how would you feel, if your sitting in your favourite beer bar feeling up a young lady and some bloody do gooder gets in your face about prostitution

If someone wants to smoke shisha they can, same way no interferes with your monthly short time

BTW I am non smoker, these days

Generally I don't mind walking by and watching other people relaxing with the carcinogenic pipes ... adds some more local color. On a few occasions the smoke has interfered the enjoyment of a meal as I do like Middle Eastern food ... but I just don't return to such places. I think the Thais should figure out a way to tax this kind of smoking and also require health warnings as they do on ciggie labels, and then let it be.

Well I'm sure the good citizenry of Pattaya will be sleeping soundly in their beds tonight.

Yep.

First it was phallus shaped soaps.

Now it is phallus shaped smoking devices.

What phallus shaped inanimate object is next in line for a crackdown?

Well I'm sure the good citizenry of Pattaya will be sleeping soundly in their beds tonight.

Yep.

First it was phallus shaped soaps.

Now it is phallus shaped smoking devices.

What phallus shaped inanimate object is next in line for a crackdown?

what till they crackdown on prostitution then you will really have the local farang's coming out the trees