Phuket police officer transferred over Patong nightclub brutality, gun threat claims [video]

webfact

Phuket police officer transferred over Patong nightclub brutality, gun threat claims
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A high-ranking police officer in Patong has been transferred pending an investigation into allegations of him beating a staffer at the Hollywood nightclub on Soi Bangla, and threatening to shoot anyone who tried to intervene.

Col Chaiwat Uykam, the superintendent of the Kathu police, ordered his deputy Lt Col Sorapong Chookaew to report to Phuket Provincial Police headquarters in Phuket Town.

Col Sorapong is to stay there for one month while the investigation is carried out.

Col Chaiwat gave the order last night (June 10) after more than 100 staffers from Hollywood discotheque staged a protest on Soi Bangla, calling for justice for fellow staffer Kamoncahi Singkied, 28.

The demonstrators on Soi Bangla held up signs reading: “Just honest workers not drug dealers”, “Government official abuse residents”, “Why physical abuse” and “We are afraid to go back to work… It is no longer safe”.

Mr Kamoncahi, originally, from Trang province, remains in Patong hospital recovering from injuries sustained in the attack, including facial injuries and broken teeth.

The protesters told police that Col Sorapong and six other police officers entered the club, and at about 2am yesterday an incident started.

Friend and fellow staffer Kittipong Yunuy, 31 told reporters that Col Sorapong grabbed Mr Kamonchai, who was working as a security guard that night, by the collar and said, “What are you looking at me for?”

“He grabbed Kamonchai by the collar and hit him in the face,” Mr Kittipong said. “I tried to stop it, but Col Sorapong said that if anyone tried to help him, he would shoot them.

“Kamonchai begged for his life and apologised, but Col Sorapong kept beating him. We were all afraid to report this to the police,” Mr Kittipong said.

Protesters said that Col Sorapong had a history of violence.

“This is not the first time this police officer has abused people. Every time he gets drunk, he either hits or kicks the security guard,” one protester said.

The protest disbanded after officers Lt Col Akanit Darnpitaksarn and Lt Suthichai Tienpo, both from the Kathu police, met with the protest leaders and the nightclub owner at 8pm.

Col Akanit confirmed that he had reported the incident to his superior and assured that he would take care of this issue.

He also vowed to never let this kind of incident happen again.

“We want to ensure the safety of all workers here tonight and we are very sorry for the victim and very sorry for the incident,” Col Akanit said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-officer-transferred-over-patong-nightclub-brutality-gun-threat-claims-video-52719.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-11

Thai police. Nothing but Gangsters in paid-for uniforms.

coffee1.gif

Surprising he didn't chop his arms off with a machete, beat him to death with a plank of wood, tie him to a tree and crush his testicles before hanging him, or just simply execute him. That's often how they roll when out for a few drinks. rolleyes.gif (all from news reports of different incidents).

coffee1.gif

It can be easy to become desensitized to this kind of behavior from the police and to accept it as "normal" but it really is unacceptable for this kind of behavior to continue.

If the present administration want the general public to live by higher standards, if they want to eradicate corruption at all levels, if they want the world to view them as a modern and progressive society this kind of behavior by people in power must be stamped out.

Like the vast majority of people I understand this is an endemic problem and will not be easily fixed, but where it is highly visible and has been widely reported the resulting disciplinary process must also be highly visible. The general population must be able to see that it will not be tolerated and that action will be swift and correct.

It's correct that "Rome wasn't built in a day" but every opportunity must be taken to show that progress is being made, the Thai people deserve no less...

I guess when you don't pay for drinks some people over indulge. This guy needs to get

re-assigned to the deep south of Thailand. Lets see how he makes out as a drunken

bully there. coffee1.gif

Hope this goes viral, too bad there isn't security video of the beating that could be seen on the web. Only when the rest of the world can see Thailand like this does anything get done. It will be swept under the Thai rug.

we do not need these type of policemen in this country I am sure they can find a place for this policeman preferably shepherding sheep or cows using his big stick to keep the cows moving. brutality is something we don't need in Thailand he is obviously a Neanderthal.

coffee1.gif

Surprising he didn't chop his arms off with a machete, beat him to death with a plank of wood, tie him to a tree and crush his testicles before hanging him, or just simply execute him. That's often how they roll when out for a few drinks. rolleyes.gif (all from news reports of different incidents).

coffee1.gif

And then report it as a suicide

Take into consideration who the owner of Hollywood's partners are, it's not a great shock.

Please share your information with the non-informed in stead of writing cryptic messages here.

Take into consideration who the owner of Hollywood's partners are, it's not a great shock.

Please share your information with the non-informed in stead of writing cryptic messages here.

and I need to do this because you tell me too? So who made you my mum? There was nothing cryptic about my post. But for those that are not aware, he was in bed with the former mayor Keesin (RIP) and his son.

Discotheque security guard allegedly attacked by Phuket police files police report
Eakkapop Thongtub

1434161468_1-org.jpg

After being release from hospital Kamonchai Singkerd filed a police report at Kathu police station.

PHUKET: The security guard from Hollywood Discotheque in Patong who was allegedly attacked by a Phuket police officer filed a report at Kathu police station yesterday afternoon (June 12) after being released from hospital for treatment he received as a result of the attack.

At 12:40pm, the security guards, 29-year-old Kamonchai Singkerd filed a police report at Kathu police station and told police that many witnesses saw a group of men gang up on him, and one man attack him and breaking his front teeth and hitting his head with a broken bottle at the discotheque on Wednesday night (June 10). (See story here)

Mr Kamonchai was taken to hospital as a result of his injuries, and the night after the attack more than 100 co-workers gathered on Bangla Rd demanding justice for him.

The chief of Kathu police spent two hours talking to the crowd of protestors and informed them that when Mr Kamonchai files a police report they will investigate the incident according to the law. He also assured the workers of their safety.

Police said that Mr Kamonchai told them that while he was working a group of men came in to Hollywood and when he asked to search them for weapons one of the men hit him in the face.

Mr Kamonchai said, “I did not fight the man and my friends came to intervene. I went to the bathroom and hoped that the incident was over.

“Another member of staff came to find me and said that the group of men wanted to see me. When I came out they ganged up on me. I apologised to them hoping it would to end the nightmare. But it actually got worse.

“Two men held my hands while the other beat me up, and one man threatened to shoot anyone who intervened.”

Mr Kamonchai added, “I wanted to seek justice because the group that assaulted me are all police. I know their names and recognise their faces.”

Kathu police’s Col Chaiwat Uykam commented when asked by a reporter, “We’ll let the law decide on who’s right or wrong, and a committee, led by Provincial police Deputy Superintendent, Col Saman Chainarong, will investigate and question all the officers involved in this incident. The process will take at least 30 days.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/discotheque-security-guard-allegedly-attacked-by-phuket-police-files-police-report-52760.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-13

Let's hope there were CCTV cameras that caught everything, and can definitely identify the police involved in this. If so, and if found guilty, how about a 50,000 baht fine for each of them, fired from the force, stripped of all rank and privileges, and a minimum of 10 years in prison. Send the message to the other members of the Brown Mafia, that this crap isn't going to be tolerated any more.

And then I woke up and realized where I was.

<snip>

Funny, that's what hi-so people said when the first uniformed police were formed in London.

Are you implying Thailand is 200 years behind the UK?

Only 200? That's being generous.

“We’ll let the law decide on who’s right or wrong, and a committee, led by Provincial police Deputy Superintendent, Col Saman Chainarong, will investigate and question all the officers involved in this incident. The process will take at least 30 days.” Strange, it only took a day or so to arrest and fit up the two Burmese lads