Starbucks - a first

Saan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had a great cup of coffee in any retail shop in Chiang mai ever

Try the little one-man coffee shop next to the Samsung Service centre. (Sri pum Rd - north side of the canal)

He grinds it while you wait and it's the nicest coffee I've had a long time. I think it was 90baht.

Agree nice cup of Joe there, he use to pok pok (mortar and pestle) the beans, took a few minuets but combined with the whole feel of the place it had that wonderful Thai essence

Dunkin' Doughnuts' coffee is also hugely popular, at a fair price.

I'm from the home of Dunkin' D's (where they fondly refer to it as liquid crack) and I'm appalled that the KSK branch doesn't sell coffee! What are you suppose to dunk you donut into???

Dunkin' Doughnuts' coffee is also hugely popular, at a fair price.

I'm from the home of Dunkin' D's (where they fondly refer to it as liquid crack) and I'm appalled that the KSK branch doesn't sell coffee! What are you suppose to dunk you donut into???

Krispey Kream sold 16 oz. coffees in Phoenix for 8 THB, but then again it was 45C outside.

I agree...don't give a shiite, where their HQ is. It is what it is; overpriced and not that good. I an't think of one US franchise here that actually relies on Americans. Subway, MCD, DQ, Dunkin.....less than 10% of their business. What is odd. is that there are virtually no Euro or Aussie franchises here. Can you name one? Congrats to Canada, now that BK is actually a Canadian company....it's the same price as MCD in the States, so I won't be paying a premium to eat there. Those pellets they burn to give off the grilled beef smell are kind of catchy.

I didn't know a Canadian company bought Bangkok (though it's usually known as BKK not BK) but not too surprised that it was one of the infidels :)

I find Starbucks Coffee here not the same as in America, seems to be roasted darker for local tastes and better suited when added with lots of other ingredients.

(On another note I apologize for the multiple posts - could someone please explain how to Mutiquote for posts on different pages)

I haven't had a great cup of coffee in any retail shop in Chiang mai ever

Try the little one-man coffee shop next to the Samsung Service centre. (Sri pum Rd - north side of the canal)

He grinds it while you wait and it's the nicest coffee I've had a long time. I think it was 90baht.

Agree nice cup of Joe there, he use to pok pok (mortar and pestle) the beans, took a few minuets but combined with the whole feel of the place it had that wonderful Thai essence

There is also a good coffee to be had in a little shop in the service station (the same place that put diesel into my petrol driven car) on Kotchasan Rd on the western side of the moat. I was told they grow some of the beans themselves.

I agree...don't give a shiite, where their HQ is. It is what it is; overpriced and not that good. I an't think of one US franchise here that actually relies on Americans. Subway, MCD, DQ, Dunkin.....less than 10% of their business. What is odd. is that there are virtually no Euro or Aussie franchises here. Can you name one? Congrats to Canada, now that BK is actually a Canadian company....it's the same price as MCD in the States, so I won't be paying a premium to eat there. Those pellets they burn to give off the grilled beef smell are kind of catchy.

The Coffee Club ... Founded in Brisbane Australia, serves some the best coffee and food you'll find anywhere. IMHO,the quality is miles ahead of Starbucks!

The watery iced coffee would have been enough for me to be mightily unhappy....

Next time, try drinking it before the ice melts.

....It was watery from the first sip....

Sip it before it melts, too. It's not rocket science.

At the festival mall across from KFC is a superb coffee shop that i will give a 9 out of 10. Nice atmosphere and staff. Rarely do i see more than 4-5 people in the shop. A few doors down ix a Stabucks with people lining up to get in Go figure.

That's Ristr8to and their coffee is first-rate.

+1, Ristr8to is world class espresso. What really amazes me is that in Central Festival, Ristr8to and Charbucks are just next to eachother and the Charbucks seems to be doing 10x the business with a more expensive product. This is a perfect example of how Charbucks has created a vanity brand with a sh1t product.

Edited by JXXXL

BK is now Canadian....BK=Burger King, they bought Tim Horton's as a way to save more than a billion USD in annual taxes. Corporate taxes are lower in Canada. Coffee Club is part of Minor Food Group (Pizza Co.). I wonder if you get packets of ketchup with your coffee?

The watery iced coffee would have been enough for me to be mightily unhappy....

Next time, try drinking it before the ice melts.

....It was watery from the first sip....
Sip it before it melts, too. It's not rocket science.

Good one Werner von Braun. Another brilliant bon mot. Keep trying and you might make your point - whatever that is.