Lightning Strikes School Soccer Game #2Dead

geovalin

News by Khmer Time / Tin Sokhavuth

PHNOM PENH, (Khmer Times) – Lightning struck the schoolyard of the Tia Chamrat High School, in Tnout Tret village, Pursat province, while students were playing soccer. The bolt killed two boys; Yet Senghong, 16, and Naro, 15. A further 17 students were injured.

According to students who witnessed the event, their schoolmates were playing soccer in the yard when a storm drew up. The sky darkened and distant thunder could be heard, but no rain fell. The boys saw no cause to stop the game.

read more: http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/12230/lightning-strikes-school-soccer-game/

If you are in a lightening storm then don't run just crouch down and keep your legs close together. I think you will find the deaths were caused by the step potential not a direct strike. When a strike hits the ground the electrical energy radiates outwards decreasing as it goes. If you are running or walking as you feet touch the ground there is a different voltage entering each leg, called the step potential, it is this difference that cause an electrical flow and sometimes death.

When a strike hits the ground the electrical energy radiates outwards decreasing as it goes. If you are running or walking as you feet touch the ground there is a different voltage entering each leg, called the step potential, it is this difference that cause an electrical flow and sometimes death.

Correct!

RIP. "The boys saw no cause to stop the game." They don't see jack shyt now.

Is your post an attempt at 'humour'?

I doubt you've ever witnessed a lightning strike on football team have you? If you have, I think your comment might contain a little more sobriety!

BTW, I was 50m away from a lightning strike at a UK FA Cup match. Fortunately, only one of ten players struck died later in hospital. Sadly however the deceased was a personal friend of my family. It's something I never, ever want to see happen again.