I hate Samlors...

Usually I am a relaxed and well adapted fellow and there are not many things I can't handle here. But those

fr£@&ing motorbikes with side cars driving me nuts. Either they park in the middle of a street that no one can pass or they drive in a narrow street with 10 km/h and my absolute favourite on the high speed lane at the highway,are they suicidal..

I hate those things?

Edited by Crazy chef 1

I really like the lady that turns up at the village on her samlor at 3pm each day selling ice-cream sandwiches. And the lad that comes by selling hammocks always gives me a wave and a smile.

I really like the lady that turns up at the village on her samlor at 3pm each day selling ice-cream sandwiches. And the lad that comes by selling hammocks always gives me a wave and a smile.

Me not because the dogs goes crazy,mum buys a lot of shit what anyway get not eaten( except by the dogs) and I can not sleep...if they would sell beer - different story...

My local samlor lady rides around and makes the best burger I have had in Thailand.....all for 40bht! Roads are quiet here in the village though smile.png

That's cool! I've seen ice cream, bugs, isaan sausages, som tum, roti... but never burgers.

Whereabouts do you live?

Crazy chef 1 I also hate them with a passion especially when I am driving the truck but have come to accept after having the following thoughts -
Imagine they were not allowed......
Who would deliver the beer, ice, food, gas tanks etc etc especially to the smaller shops/sois.
How would the roadside food vendors operate etc
If all these things and more had to be done with full size vans/lorries congestion would probably be worse and costs would certainly escalate - IE we would have to pay more.

When you reconsider it in this way it somehow makes it seem not so bad even though it still winds me up thumbsup.gif

My local samlor lady rides around and makes the best burger I have had in Thailand.....all for 40bht! Roads are quiet here in the village though smile.png

That's cool! I've seen ice cream, bugs, isaan sausages, som tum, roti... but never burgers.

Whereabouts do you live?

Just north of Kanchanaburi. Burger and bun are both homemade, glad she lives in the next village over as they could become a serious habit if she were any closer :)

I believe most of these things I'm seeing pictures of or more like A Tut Tuk then A samlor.I know most Thai's that see A motor call them Tuk Tuk's.The one with the seat in the back and more or

Less A bicycle in the front are called Samlor's.Your seeing them less and less in Thailand.Smaller towns you still see them.But A big city like Bangkok they are few and far between.

As far as traffic problems,talk to police.I guess they are allowed on the road,same as you.Be Patient.Times are changing.

Sam Lor literally means "3 Wheels". So any vehicle with 3 wheels is technically a Sam Lor in Thailand. And I can think of at least 5 types of 3 wheeled vehicles that fit that category. And then you have many more that are homemade designs constructed from part of a motorcycle engine and frame that has been adapted into some form of motorized tricycle with either a carriage or bin to hold things of some sort.

The Sam Lors powered by a human being peddling a foot crank in Thai are actually called a "Sam Lor Theep" meaning a 3 wheeled kick vehicle.

I have one and I hate all other ones, especially the ones that used to deliver gas.

The slow ones usually food carts or rubbish collectors but the ones with gas think they racing drivers, not only all lights are broken but they also take corners at speed almost tiping over

I hate old people as well, but theres no need to be ageist about it. We should dry them out and use them as fuel and deal with the energy security problem once and for all.

ahhh i see samlors