Hilux Revo. Why no interest here?

Bung

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, a couple of Toyota salesman took my wife and I to where they store all the new cars waiting to be sold. It was a journey of several kms and we were transported in the new REVO. We sat in the rear seats. The ride was considerably 'firmer' than that of our 3-year old V-Cross. I would actually describe it as 'typical pickup'. To be fair the V-Cross is probably the softest ride of all the pickups.

I must say that on the journey I wasn't too impressed with it. The 'screen' looks a bit of an afterthought, a little ugly. It was a manual so I couldn't tell how smooth their autobox would be. No doubt it will sell well eventually. Maybe its 'looks' will grow on you just like the Jute.

The chances are the tire pressures in the new truck were typically up around +50 psi, hence the joust in the back seat.

Yes, that's what I thought BUT I asked that very question (twice in fact) and he said that they were at the normal pressure, 30psi and 32psi told to me by my wife just now. We are going there again this afternoon to have a proper test drive in the Camry Hybrid. Yesterdays was just a few laps around their storage area to see if we may be interested or not ... first impressions were favourable though. If the truck is still there I'll try and remember to stick my gauge on it ...

I remember when we demo'd the V-Cross it felt quite unpleasant ... I asked them to check the tyre pressures and as you would expect had never been reset ... so we had a 2nd demo with the tyres at 29psi and the ride was considerably better.