Prayut: Thai fugitive lese majeste suspect 'not a Thai'

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many countries, including the UK, have LM laws on their law books, most of them do not use them as political weapons.

The Junta's insistence of pursuing their idealogical opponents on LM charges only enhances the victim's claim for asylum. The reason they are not getting a reply from countries like New Zealand is the folk whose job it is to reply have not stopped laughing at the request.

The UK doesn't currently have a LM law. Scotland used to have one, but not anymore.

The UK does have a law about offending people, but that applies to everyone, not just royalty.

If the UK had a LM law then Spitting Image would never have been aired.

yes other laws like for hate speech, causing civil unrest, etc. If jokes about the royal family would be illegal they would have to jail half UK.

On the other hand...what did the British Queen ever do for the people and how many people would listen when she speaks something.....

Are you taking the piss about the Queen?

You clearly know sweet FA about what she has done, how about being a very humble ambassador for Great Britain and the commonwealth for starters.

They say ignorance is Bliss, but you H90 have a habit of opening your mouth and letting complete shit fall out, without engaging your brain!!.

Many countries, including the UK, have LM laws on their law books, most of them do not use them as political weapons.

The Junta's insistence of pursuing their idealogical opponents on LM charges only enhances the victim's claim for asylum. The reason they are not getting a reply from countries like New Zealand is the folk whose job it is to reply have not stopped laughing at the request.

The UK doesn't currently have a LM law. Scotland used to have one, but not anymore.

The UK does have a law about offending people, but that applies to everyone, not just royalty.

yes other laws like for hate speech, causing civil unrest, etc. If jokes about the royal family would be illegal they would have to jail half UK.

On the other hand...what did the British Queen ever do for the people and how many people would listen when she speaks something.....

Are you taking the piss about the Queen?

You clearly know sweet FA about what she has done, how about being a very humble ambassador for Great Britain and the commonwealth for starters.

They say ignorance is Bliss, but you H90 have a habit of opening your mouth and letting complete shit fall out, without engaging your brain!!.

Perhaps not the most subtle of your posts Haggis, but you have hit the nail on the head!

If anyone saw the speech he made attacking the monarchy they would agree he should be arrested for poor taste and lack of tact. LM laws aside.

But then that is a predictable 7%'er attitude towards Thai law and even more predictable is his attitude towards this. He cannot simply live in NZ, he has to stir and push the Junta which is a famous RS trait that follows breaking the law.

At the end of the day he broke the law and so he does the famous RS trick of running as fast as you can away from accountability.

So we have France, Dubai and now New Zealand as red shirt havens.

We should have bets on which country the next red shirt terrorist will hide in?

Perhaps people have listened to his short commentary. DId you? I was unaware that you are now fluent in Thai.

You claim he "broke the law". I appreciate that you are an extremist and support the suspension of Habeas Corpus and basic civil liberties, and all that "silliness", however, the accused has not been subject to a fair trial has he, nor a verdict rendered and filed was it? As such, how do you know he broke the law? One can say that you break your homeland's laws every time you support the suspension of civil liberties and human rights in Thailand. However, in the absence of a trial and conviction, such an accusation is just that, an accusation.

You claim France, and New Zealand are "red shirt havens". Do you obtain some sort of emotional gratification when you make absurd and ignorant claims? These countries have a respect for human rights and the rule of law. They are obliged to accept bonafide political refugees in accordance with their national laws. Their citizens support the protection of genuine political refugees. These are not oppressive totalitarian regimes. They are no more havens than the USA, Germany, Australia, Canada or any other country where human rights are valued is a "haven".

Now you want to run bets on people being forced to flee to avoid persecution. Do you not have any self control? How much lower can one go than to suggest gambling on the suffering and misery of others? Did you also run bets on how many Rohingya were found dead and rotting away in one of the human trafficking camps linked to that army general, the general, whom the former army head and now supreme leader PM of Thailand claimed could not be involved because the Royal Thai Army was not involved in human trafficking?

Wouldn't be surprised if it got me a ban JAG, I'm a bit of a royalist and I have a LOT of time for HM, she was my CIC when I served, and there are times I take exception to clueless people trying to have a pop.

Bearing in mind the LM laws in Thailand also takes other Monarchies and Royalty under its umbrella, H90s comment would be considered a breach of 112!!

If anyone saw the speech he made attacking the monarchy they would agree he should be arrested for poor taste and lack of tact. LM laws aside.

But then that is a predictable 7%'er attitude towards Thai law and even more predictable is his attitude towards this. He cannot simply live in NZ, he has to stir and push the Junta which is a famous RS trait that follows breaking the law.

At the end of the day he broke the law and so he does the famous RS trick of running as fast as you can away from accountability.

Perhaps people have listened to his short commentary. DId you? I was unaware that you are now fluent in Thai.

You claim he "broke the law". I appreciate that you are an extremist and support the suspension of Habeas Corpus and basic civil liberties, and all that "silliness", however, the accused has not been subject to a fair trial has he, nor a verdict rendered and filed was it? As such, how do you know he broke the law? One can say that you break your homeland's laws every time you support the suspension of civil liberties and human rights in Thailand. However, in the absence of a trial and conviction, such an accusation is just that, an accusation.

You claim France, and New Zealand are "red shirt havens". Do you obtain some sort of emotional gratification when you make absurd and ignorant claims? These countries have a respect for human rights and the rule of law. They are obliged to accept bonafide political refugees in accordance with their national laws. Their citizens support the protection of genuine political refugees. These are not oppressive totalitarian regimes. They are no more havens than the USA, Germany, Australia, Canada or any other country where human rights are valued is a "haven".

Now you want to run bets on people being forced to flee to avoid persecution. Do you not have any self control? How much lower can one go than to suggest gambling on the suffering and misery of others? Did you also run bets on how many Rohingya were found dead and rotting away in one of the human trafficking camps linked to that army general, the general, whom the former army head and now supreme leader PM of Thailand claimed could not be involved because the Royal Thai Army was not involved in human trafficking?

Excellent post!! There is NO difference to what that lad did, when you ride your motorbike/scooter without a helmet, you're a LAW breaker, Pot Kettle black.

He's the former Princess's brother, pretty much all that family have been locked up for LM, is pursuing him in the interest of national security or is it more small man syndrome and an agenda with an axe to grind?

Very well put together taking the resident propaganda spammer apart. Let's see him do a line-by-line rebuttal of that. We know his record for backing up his dangerous propaganda so best not hold any breath.

'not a Thai' seems a bit overdone. As glenmohr mentioned in the 'gov. seeks extradition' thread this young man seems not a very nice young person and if he continues with his youthful indiscretions he may regret it.

Now with the renewed cooperation between Thailand and the USA maybe PM Prayut could ask the Americans about their "Adult Correctional Boot Camp Programs". The chap is unlikely to get some in NZ as there the program was dropped in 1981 and only briefly mentioned before the 2008 elections.

Not sure how you remove someone's citizenship....

Technically under Thai (and US) law you can't have dual nationality, not that the Thais pay much attention to this. Once a Thai person has acquired another nationality, it is not hard for that person to initiate the process to revoke their Thai nationality status.

Edited by catterwell

"he is no longer a Thai person, and he cannot stay in Thailand"

If he no longer can stay in Thailand how does that extradition work? biggrin.png

Outsourcing:

The General will rent a prison cell for him in Cambodia for the next 325 years.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Ohh how I would LOVE to educate you. But I can't because of these ridiculous laws. But I can tell you this, you are living in a bubble.

And when I say educate I wouldn't of been flattering to the British monarchy either (and I am a Brit) but I can get prosecuted for that here in Thailand. It is an absolute joke.

"he is no longer a Thai person, and he cannot stay in Thailand"

If he no longer can stay in Thailand how does that extradition work? biggrin.png

I think any citizen can be extradited to Thailand for a crime they committed in Thailand.

The English murder suspect in the Phuket jail was also extradited, and he also isn't Thai.

One wonders if the "extradition request" was placed through the proper legal channels or if it was just announced on Thai TV in the hope that maybe someone in the NZ legal system would act on it.

I suspect the latter.

We have been here before with opponents of the Thai military govt. living abroad and the military govt. or its previous incarnation with Abhisit claiming to have made "extradition requests" when they simply haven't. It is barefaced lying. They are good at that.

One wonders if the "extradition request" was placed through the proper legal channels or if it was just announced on Thai TV in the hope that maybe someone in the NZ legal system would act on it.

I suspect the latter.

We have been here before with opponents of the Thai military govt. living abroad and the military govt. or its previous incarnation with Abhisit claiming to have made "extradition requests" when they simply haven't. It is barefaced lying. They are good at that.

If someone puts a (valid?) political angle on an appeal against an extradition request, I doubt very much indeed that a judge in any westernised country/judiciary would give it more than a cursory glance before throwing it out. Especially if one considers that the said judge & lawyers would have followed and/or researched case.

Wouldn't be surprised if it got me a ban JAG, I'm a bit of a royalist and I have a LOT of time for HM, she was my CIC when I served, and there are times I take exception to clueless people trying to have a pop.

Bearing in mind the LM laws in Thailand also takes other Monarchies and Royalty under its umbrella, H90s comment would be considered a breach of 112!!

I took the same oath to her, her heirs and successors. Notwithstanding that I don't support the use of the LM laws against those who have a pop at her or anyone else.

H90 was having a go because he sees her as an easy target. All he has done is piss off several of us. Picked a fight which ultimately he will lose - bit of a national habit don't you think. I doubt it will get you a ban.

Is poor taste and lack of tact against the law?

An articulate rebuttal is not your strong point is it?

Send me a PM with what this guy said and tell me how it would be an acceptable speech anywhere in the world.

I bet you can't.

You claim to have seen it. Send me a transcript of what he said and explain why it would be unacceptable everywhere in the world. Thai is fine, no need to bother with a translation.

I suspect the latter.

If someone puts a (valid?) political angle on an appeal against an extradition request, I doubt very much indeed that a judge in any westernised country/judiciary would give it more than a cursory glance before throwing it out. Especially if one considers that the said judge & lawyers would have followed and/or researched case.

I agree but....

My point is that no judge in any foreign country ever sees these extradition requests because they were never formally made. These announcements are for domestic consumption and their central point that an extradition request has been made is a lie.

At the end of the day:

Regardless if elections were held tomorrow or in 2 years = the "red shirts" would still win.

The (again) ruling Elite and it's current helmsman has decided, that such a thing must be avoided at all cost. (Power to the people in Thailand? = No way!)

Without massive international pressure (Trade Embargo as currently being applied toward Russia), the "Helmsman" and his outlook on Thailand will stay with us for a very, very long time.

As far as I know, Warren Buffet is not planning on investing in Thailand. Are you ?

Cheers.

Send me a PM with what this guy said and tell me how it would be an acceptable speech anywhere in the world.

I bet you can't.

You claim to have seen it. Send me a transcript of what he said and explain why it would be unacceptable everywhere in the world. Thai is fine, no need to bother with a translation.

Game, Set and Match...

I bet you can't.

Game, Set and Match...

WOW. Turn it around hey...

That is what my 5 year old son does in the play ground...

I notice you haven't sent it yet?

Still waiting mate!

Edited by djjamie

I assume you picked on kids that wore helmets while riding bikes to school as well going by your narrative?

So back to the original question without diverting or changing the subject or using the old red shirt slight of hand...

Do you know what he said or do you base your argument on an agenda based platform?

My dear friend - Do not change the subject, do not use slight of hand, do not use illogical thought processes and do not use RS magic..

Answer the question.

EDIT - To reinforce this I will say the question again...Do you know what he said ?

Yes or no? It ain't hard...

PM me if you are having difficulty understanding.

Edited by djjamie

Still waiting mate!

Having a problem? What is it? Have his evil words slipped your memory? The video of his speech is still on youtube. Just search under his name and the date of the alleged offence and you'll find it so it should be a piece of cake to explain why he is such a terrible person. And there's no need to mention the sections which refer to the institution so you can post your analysis here. I look forward to reading it.

---

Unless....unless....no, it can't be.....can it?......You're.....lying???? You've never seen it and even if you did, you wouldn't have a clue what it was he was talking about because you don't speak Thai anywhere near well enough. No, surely not. There's another explanation, right? Right?

Edited by Zooheekock

Still waiting mate!

Having a problem? What is it? Have his evil words slipped your memory? The video of his speech is still on youtube. Just search under his name and the date of the alleged offence and you'll find it so it should be a piece of cake to explain why he is such a terrible person. And there's no need to mention the sections which refer to the institution so you can post your analysis here. I look forward to reading it.

Nice one...

Send it to Baboon.

Wow, I am the extremist yet you defend the people that kill innocent kids and refuse to arrest the perpetrators.

They got already a new Passport from New Zealand.

c1_594260_150616175340_620x413.jpg

So what now P. ? And i thought Kim is ridiculous.

Whilst they are pictured with NZ passports, it is only the cover. Just because he is wearing a Cory's T-Shirt does not mean he works at Cory's...

In fact, it is public information that Cory's denies Luara was ever employed by them.

However, most of the above TVMember comments seem to be without much of the background information....before or after his arrival in Cambodia or New Zealand

Given Luara's behaviour soon after arrival in New Zealand, it was clear that he was abusing his right of freedom of speech... as proven by the resultant removal of his Facebook page and offensive video statements.

You and I will never know what he told NZ Immigration....

You and I will never know why NZ would risk its more than 50 year relationship with Thailand, its 10th largest trading partner.

But then again, I suppose, a few facts should not stand in the way of a good TVThread..... [yet again!!!]

beatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

This is why I love TVF....

It is like being at Chaing Mai zoo but not during feeding time.

Are the animals afraid and run away to NZ there too?

You keep these comments up mate and I will have no choice, but to start liking them!