Obama rejects mass shootings as 'new normal' in America

Lite Beer

As President, Obama is supposed to lead the country. Something he has failed at. It's not the media sensationalized killings he should be talking, and doing, something about. It's the everyday crimes noboby outside their area hears about.

So, Mr. Obama, what have you done. I can't think of a workable solution he has proposed. Anybody?

If Obama proposed the sun should come up in the morning and go down in the evening the GOP would oppose it.

Yes, very true. Where does the hatred, because that is what it is IMO, come from? He has encountered this since his first election.

I don't hate Obama. And it is disingenuous for you to say so.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You first comment wanders and makes no connection to mine, nor to yours I was replying to, so I can't further respond.

You said it was a bad analogy. I explained how it was an appropriate one. How is that "no connection"? I'm sorry if you can't see the connection. Perhaps try re-reading it a few times?

Seems reasonable to infer you at least implied an approval for Obama to take a way all the guns, if not implicitly stating such a desire.

You quoted me but still failed to understand. It was a simple, direct question. "What has he done?" And from this you somehow got that I'm in favor of him taking away all the guns? Are you kidding me??

You said "What is your viable, realistic plan...?", suggesting that if I don't have all the answers or a solution that I ought to just shut up about it. Now you're moving goal posts saying that I've merely "implied approval". Talk about wandering! Gee, I wonder what else I've supposedly said... I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for you to tell me.

As President, Obama is supposed to lead the country. Something he has failed at. It's not the media sensationalized killings he should be talking, and doing, something about. It's the everyday crimes noboby outside their area hears about.

So, Mr. Obama, what have you done. I can't think of a workable solution he has proposed. Anybody?

If Obama proposed the sun should come up in the morning and go down in the evening the GOP would oppose it.

Yes, very true. Where does the hatred, because that is what it is IMO, come from? He has encountered this since his first election.

The hatred comes from his actions and the way that he misrepresented himself to get elected. I actually voted for him the first time but have come to loath the man after seeing how be abuses his office.

This hatred already started during the election campaign. So sorry, both your reasons can't be the real issue. So I think I have to correct my question: he has encountered this ever since he started his election campaign, and it seems to have grown stronger and stronger over time.

It seems the hatred comes especially from the Republicans in a way I have never seen before. None of the previous presidents has been treated this way by the other party during his tenure. Is it just society changing, republicans not accepting him, what is happening?

I am getting the impression that his election has given the blacks more confidence and the whites are very unhappy with that, but surely that can't be the case anymore in the 21st century? There has to be more to it that that?

I don't hate Obama. And it is disingenuous for you to say so.

Good then that I did not say so.

I simply asked a general question. Now if you want to take it personal ... If it were personal I would have quoted your post only and asked you the question.

sdaniel:

That makes two that are unable to answer your question.

The hatred comes from his actions and the way that he misrepresented himself to get elected. I actually voted for him the first time but have come to loath the man after seeing how be abuses his office.

Knowing then what you know now, would you have voted for Romney instead? Even though I can't say I'm much impressed with Obama, there is no way I would have voted for Big Business to run the executive branch of government.

There is also the most terrifying aspect of a too-conservative president: supreme court appointments. If SCOTUS gets any more conservative, the country will start going backwards.

That's the choice we are often faced with in presidential elections: the lesser of two evils.

This hatred already started during the election campaign. So sorry, both your reasons can't be the real issue. So I think I have to correct my question: he has encountered this ever since he started his election campaign, and it seems to have grown stronger and stronger over time.

It seems the hatred comes especially from the Republicans in a way I have never seen before. None of the previous presidents has been treated this way by the other party during his tenure. Is it just society changing, republicans not accepting him, what is happening?

I am getting the impression that his election has given the blacks more confidence and the whites are very unhappy with that, but surely that can't be the case anymore in the 21st century? There has to be more to it that that?

"None of the previous presidents has been treated this way by the other party during his tenure"

Were you alive during the latest Bush administration?

None of the previous presidents has been treated this way by the other party during his tenure.

Nonsense. George W. Bush was treated just as badly by the other party and crucified by the MSM - the same MSM that coddled Obama through his first term, got him reelected and is not all that tough on him now.

Edited by Ulysses G.

"None of the previous presidents has been treated this way by the other party during his tenure"

There were questions about his policies, from both sides BTW, but not the far out hatred that there seems to be for Obama from mainly one side.

But thanks, your answer made me realise that the reason might be the coming of the tea party, which seems to have caused a major shift in the position of the republican party and have caused a bigger division in society?

There were questions about his policies, from both sides BTW, but not the far out hatred that there seems to be for Obama from mainly one side.

But thanks, your answer made me realise that the reason might be the coming of the tea party, which seems to have caused a major shift in the position of the republican party and have caused a bigger division in society?

Why would a post from me lead you to a Tea Party connection?

Why would a post from me lead you to a Tea Party connection?

Because it made me look at the timeframe. And I would guess that the tea party gained more significance more or less at the end of the Bush administration, which you mentioned.

It seems that perhaps some people believe that gun homicide in the US is going out of control. The reverse is true. This may come as a shock to some protesters, but gun issues are getting better over time in the US. "56% of Americans believe gun crime is higher than 20 years ago and only 12% think it is lower."

"Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware."

"Looking back 50 years, the U.S. gun homicide rate began rising in the 1960s, surged in the 1970s, and hit peaks in 1980 and the early 1990s. (The number of homicides peaked in the early 1990s.) The plunge in homicides after that meant that firearm homicide rates in the late 2000s were equal to those not seen since the early 1960s."

Why draw attention to the figure at the end of Bush's term when it did not fall at all during his term but in fact rose for a period? The rate fell in the late 1990's not the 2000's and was Clintons doing but of course this article misses that bit out and does its best to infer that it was Bush's policy that saw a fall in gun homicide.

It's quite simple. Let people own as many guns as they like. After all they have a right to bear arms. Just ban selling all the ammunition for them.

You've obviously never heard of reloading.

It's quite simple. Let people own as many guns as they like. After all they have a right to bear arms. Just ban selling all the ammunition for them.

Without ammunition?

Without ammunition?

It is now official. There are at least two anti-gun advocates that don't know squat about guns,

For the information of many anti-gun theorists.

Without ammunition?

It is now official. There are at least two anti-gun advocates that don't know squat about guns,

For the information of many anti-gun theorists.

Thanks for the video.

Still waiting for an answer to my questions BTW.

Edited by stevenl

Big difference BTW between not understanding a certain terminology and 'knowing squat'. On top of that, not knowing the exact inner workings of a product does not mean somebody does not know the general workings and effect of a product.

Unfortuantly it is becoming all to common. With all these riots and stuff there, I really wonder what the Yanks are thinking somtimes.

You mean you wonder what the leftist Yanks are thinking. Centrist and even most far right Yanks are very peaceful.

He DOES want to take all the guns away and everyone knows it. If he can't be honest, no one is going to listen to him.

There is a massive difference between taking away everyone's guns and imposing realistic restrictions on the purchasing and use of weapons.

But don't let common sense get in the way of good old American fear mongering!!!

There already are realistic restrictions. Just the useless government never bothers to enforce them. I suspect it is because they can then have the excuse that the government is needed by the minions.

He DOES want to take all the guns away and everyone knows it. If he can't be honest, no one is going to listen to him.

There is a massive difference between taking away everyone's guns and imposing realistic restrictions on the purchasing and use of weapons.

Yes there is and the USA already has lots of laws, but the truth is that Obama and many on the left want to get rid of gun rights altogether. They are just not honest enough to admit it.

If he had had the political capital to impose a total gun ban chances are he'd do it - and USA would be a better place for it.

This link has been posted in another thread but really sums up the arguments for gun control nicely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL8JEEt2RxI

If you think most Americans would just had their guns over, you are sorely misguided. You might think the Civil War was a catastophe but it would pale in comparison to the government taking guns by force.

Besides, we have laws against using military force against the population. Law enforcement wouldn't stand a chance and would not try.

Thanks for the video.

What questions? They got lost in the mail.

Naw, you even answered but ignored the questions.

I think chuckd's point was that you can't stop gun owners from obtaining ammunition. They would just reload.

Edited by Ulysses G.

There are three types of reloads.

1. You can reload your weapon.

2. You can reload your clips/magazines

3. You can reload your individual rounds.

If people that don't know squat about guns are talking about guns, they need to familiarize themselves with the subject matter.

It ain't rocket science, Ethel.

Thanks for the video.

What questions? They got lost in the mail.

Naw, you even answered but ignored the questions.
I think chuckd's point was that you can't stop gun owners from obtaining ammunition. They would just reload.
Again no answer, what you're saying here has nothing to do with my questions.

Don't bother, the answers will disguise the truth anyway.

Edited by stevenl

Afraid to ask them again?

Ask questions again you obviously did not know a good answer to earlier?

I know the answer already from your silence, but saying that here would get me banned for a lack of respect to other TV members.

Edited by stevenl