Some people are morons!

apetley

The guy's beyond idiot. Reminds me of Piaget's six stages of mental development. He's reached the second.

Living in the countryside I hear my neighbor's family screaming and running out of thir house (aka shack). Gray smoke everywhere. The fumigators came and never even bothered to knock first. Another for the Darwin Awards.

but yet you choose to live among said nominee's for the Darwin Award, so what does that say about you ?

EH? Oh sure, when I look for new digs I always ask around, "where do all the low class idiots live .. am I in the right neighborhood?"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guy's beyond idiot. Reminds me of Piaget's six stages of mental development. He's reached the second.

Living in the countryside I hear my neighbor's family screaming and running out of thir house (aka shack). Gray smoke everywhere. The fumigators came and never even bothered to knock first. Another for the Darwin Awards.

but yet you choose to live among said nominee's for the Darwin Award, so what does that say about you ?

EH? Oh sure, when I look for new digs I always ask around, "where do all the low class idiots live .. am I in the right neighborhood?"

its called due diligence dear boy giggle.gif

cheesy.gif

There was an article on the net the other day. It was one of those national polls titled: What is it you can't stand about living in your country.

Ranked #1 was, trying to explain the obvious to idiots. Present!

To the OP. Who is the real moron here? The guy who is just acting the way he normally acts on a day to day basis..burning down trees with tires. Or the guy who CHOSE to live next to the guy who sees no problem burning down trees with tires and smoking out his neighbor?

^ Short sighted at best. We don't know our neighbors until we live near them. If we don't know them how to we choose them? I lived in up-scale mobans where the folks were just as tacky as the poor souls near the rail road tracks, drunks, wife beaters, screamers and spitters. A guy who f**ks up your family's quality of life is an animal. The guy who does and never has a clue he's done anything wrong is at the bottom of the food chain. I don't care whose country I'm in, I'm going to stand my ground. It's cowardly to eat someone's s**t with a smile.

^ Short sighted at best. We don't know our neighbors until we live near them. If we don't know them how to we choose them? I lived in up-scale mobans where the folks were just as tacky as the poor souls near the rail road tracks, drunks, wife beaters, screamers and spitters. A guy who f**ks up your family's quality of life is an animal. The guy who does and never has a clue he's done anything wrong is at the bottom of the food chain. I don't care whose country I'm in, I'm going to stand my ground. It's cowardly to eat someone's s**t with a smile.

Better to be a live coward than a dead hero.

I prefer not to live among neighbors wherever I have lived in the world. I think most people feel the same. But unless you have truckloads of cash and can afford to buy a huge plot of land, build a house right in the centre and a 12 ft high wall surrounding the land, then I`m afraid we are stuck with it and have to find ways to get on with people.

Over the years I have witnessed a few of the locals going hammer and tongs at each other, and I can tell you, it`s scary, they go berserk. There have been times when I`ve been expecting to hear gunshots during a dispute, thankfully that hasn`t happened yet. Thai people can have two sides to them, give it the right approach and they`ll move mountains for you, go in like a grizzly with a sore head and you will find they are on a very short fuse. Also considering that the locals are well established in the area, you are not, they could make a difficult situation if they take a dislike to you.

I am by no means suggesting that we should kiss a-se, my point being, think before going in and try to be calm and collective for your own safety, especially when the odds are against you. It`s only common sense.

Better to be a live coward than a dead hero.

I prefer not to live among neighbors wherever I have lived in the world. I think most people feel the same. But unless you have truckloads of cash and can afford to buy a huge plot of land, build a house right in the centre and a 12 ft high wall surrounding the land, then I`m afraid we are stuck with it and have to find ways to get on with people.

Over the years I have witnessed a few of the locals going hammer and tongs at each other, and I can tell you, it`s scary, they go berserk. There have been times when I`ve been expecting to hear gunshots during a dispute, thankfully that hasn`t happened yet. Thai people can have two sides to them, give it the right approach and they`ll move mountains for you, go in like a grizzly with a sore head and you will find they are on a very short fuse. Also considering that the locals are well established in the area, you are not, they could make a difficult situation if they take a dislike to you.

I am by no means suggesting that we should kiss a-se, my point being, think before going in and try to be calm and collective for your own safety, especially when the odds are against you. It`s only common sense.

I think "1900" is living some "macho" movie in his head

I think "1900" is living some "macho" movie in his head

Why is macho in quotes? It's a word. It's in the dictionary. So you're not macho, you're ...... ?

Next time I'll turn the other cheek. God bless you my son.

Edited by 1900

To the OP. Who is the real moron here? The guy who is just acting the way he normally acts on a day to day basis..burning down trees with tires. Or the guy who CHOSE to live next to the guy who sees no problem burning down trees with tires and smoking out his neighbor?

So when we bought the land 9 years ago we were supposed to have detailed knowledge of the owner of the adjoining paddy burning habits?

In my 13 years in Thailand he is the only guy I know who has tried to get rid of a tree using burning tyres.

Next time we buy land maybe I'll prepare a questionnaire for the neighbours.

Edited by apetley

So when we bought the land 9 years ago we were supposed to have detailed knowledge of the owner of the adjoining paddy burning habits?

In my 13 years in Thailand he is the only guy I know who has tried to get rid of a tree using burning tyres.

Your logic is perplexing. You really think the issue here is how many times in 13 years has someone tried to burn down a tree next to your property? Trying to point out this is a one time occurrence has nothing to do with my point. Surely this isn't the first complaint you have about a neighbor in 13 years.

1. This is Thailand. This kind of thing is going to happen more often here than other places. Surely you knew that before moving here.
  2. Your neighbor is so close to your house that a fire is seriously bothering you.
  3. You chose to live next to a field, where people are likely to do strange things that may not happen in the city or another location.
  4. You should always speak to the neighbors before you buy a house or property. That interaction is the questionnaire. Preferably you know someone in the neighborhood before you move in.

I'll remember to knock at each neighbouring house to ask if they burn tyres next time I'm looking for a new house.

Just for the record -- and I totally agree it's an environmentally disasterous practice -- the reason Thais do this is not to "burn down the tree" or to "burn out the stump", but to completely kill the root and prevent the tree from growing back. The few times I have seen this done it was with a makham tet tree which has an incredibly deep root. Once it gets fully established, it is next to impossible to get rid of. Tree killing chemicals don't seem to work, and short of hiring an expensive backhoe to excavate the root, there really don't seem to be too many ways to kill this and some other trees here.

I'm pretty sure most Thais are aware that a tire fire which pumps billowing clouds of acrid black smoke into the air isn't good for the environment, and I too wish the practice would be outlawed, but most often it's done more out of economic necessity than out of sheer stupidity as the OP suggests.

Edited by Gecko123

Your logic is perplexing. You really think the issue here is how many times in 13 years has someone tried to burn down a tree next to your property? Trying to point out this is a one time occurrence has nothing to do with my point. Surely this isn't the first complaint you have about a neighbor in 13 years.

• This is Thailand. This kind of thing is going to happen more often here than other places. Surely you knew that before moving here.
  • Your neighbor is so close to your house that a fire is seriously bothering you.
  • You chose to live next to a field, where people are likely to do strange things that may not happen in the city or another location.
  • You should always speak to the neighbors before you buy a house or property. That interaction is the questionnaire. Preferably you know someone in the neighborhood before you move in.

I know all about farming burning habits, my in-laws are farmers, rice and sugarcane. I don't like it, it's not necessary imo but I accept it goes on.

What I don't accept is burning rubber tyres in front of someone's house when the wind is such that the toxins are blown directly onto the front of the house. It is far from normal farming activity. It's selfish, illegal and moronic behaviour, simple as that and I am not the only one who complained about it.

The place still stinks 2 days later, he has burnt rubber in the canal that feeds his paddy now so the pollution will be going into the food chain. Not only moronic but dangerous for the people who will unknowingly be buying his rice.

• This is Thailand. This kind of thing is going to happen more often here than other places. Surely you knew that before moving here.
  • Your neighbor is so close to your house that a fire is seriously bothering you.
  • You chose to live next to a field, where people are likely to do strange things that may not happen in the city or another location.
  • You should always speak to the neighbors before you buy a house or property. That interaction is the questionnaire. Preferably you know someone in the neighborhood before you move in.

I know all about farming burning habits, my in-laws are farmers, rice and sugarcane. I don't like it, it's not necessary imo but I accept it goes on.

What I don't accept is burning rubber tyres in front of someone's house when the wind is such that the toxins are blown directly onto the front of the house. It is far from normal farming activity. It's selfish, illegal and moronic behaviour, simple as that and I am not the only one who complained about it.

The place still stinks 2 days later, he has burnt rubber in the canal that feeds his paddy now so the pollution will be going into the food chain. Not only moronic but dangerous for the people who will unknowingly be buying his rice.

It's Thailand, what did you expect?

There are certain family members that I can't stand- either I accept them or I move with or without her to a place I'll never see them again.

There are certain family members that I can't stand- either I accept them or I move with or without her to a place I'll never see them again.

My Thai family are great, love them to bits and wouldn't be without them.

My Thai family are great, love them to bits and wouldn't be without them.

When you put some context into the situation, you sound less moronic for sure. I guess if I moved out to the country though, I would just expect country people anywhere to do some pretty stupid things. And I am saying that from experience, I grew up in the country.

When you put some context into the situation, you sound less moronic for sure. I guess if I moved out to the country though, I would just expect country people anywhere to do some pretty stupid things. And I am saying that from experience, I grew up in the country.

I always found country people to have more common sense than city folk

I have found that there are many on both ends of the spectrum. From where I am from, there are some successful farmers with a lot of common sense, most of the people are just average, and there are some super crazy back woods people that want to stay far away from the city. It is widely known who the crazy ones are around the area and people know to avoid them.

I have always found, irrespective of were you go in the world, there are retards everywhere...laugh.png

Edited by Soutpeel

had the most productive talk with a native ever about similar situation. Drove past a lane where someone was burning stuff like branches from a tree that was being trimmed, however fire was made below tree in dry grasses and bushes in lane next to property, not a low denisty are, sub urban bangkok. It was obvious to me the whole lot would go up soon as grasses were already catching as were bushes close by and this only metres away from thsoe wooden hut things, cindr block houses and other structures.

I aske the native who was in car with me, do these people just not realise the danger or potential offense such an action might make or just not care. the native said, its education, I state, surely tis obvious to the one that has set the fire that more fire and perhaps out of control could happen, then native states its more cultural than that, more thinking of self and not of others, then I state about this whole nuance with hospitality,,,,,, either way utter , you would be fully justified in accidethnly setting fire to your neighbouts worldly posessions and when they come to complain ask --- what is the problem? and offer to discuss over tea.

edit to include have to agree with above post, there are fukwits everywhere in the world you go, a lot of them don't realise there is a whole big world to be a <deleted> in and never leave their particular twatdom, however happening to be here and seeing what your fellow country fukwit ingorrants would be like without law and order is inspiring and ought have many thanking god for their police states abnd the fact that certain laws were made to save them them from the ones that should not have made the last evolutionairy cut

Edited by mmh8

Why complain you do live in a village in thailand you choose to live there

So because somebody lives in a village they have no right to comment on idiotic, selfish and illegal behaviour?

Are they allowed to complain if they are subject to the same in an urban area or is it just in a village?

How about the Thai people who complained? Are they being unreasonable?

The op has my sympathy.