Thai-English actress 'Anna Reese' kills cop in car crash

webfact

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People should note that not all Thai actors/actresses are rich, most are not and Thai salaries are also pretty low. The only rich ones are the ones you see plaster all over advertisements, lakorn stars don't make much money too.

The police are crap for letting her go home, if she was a nobody she would have been held in jail waiting for bail.

Looks like she has now made it to the police station.

pic from Sanook.com

People who are drunk don't usually have such good posture. People can be inattentive for reasons other than intoxication. She looks distraught, not drunk. She was steady on her feet in the video, also. This is a tragedy for all concerned.

after the accident and realising the dilemma she was in, the adrenaline and all sorts of chemicals react in the body

the rest will be up to the tox report - but why she was allowed to leave the scene allowing (presumed) the alcohol content in her blood stream to go down is a travesty of justice

People should note that not all Thai actors/actresses are rich, most are not and Thai salaries are also pretty low. The only rich ones are the ones you see plaster all over advertisements, lakorn stars don't make much money too.

The police are crap for letting her go home, if she was a nobody she would have been held in jail waiting for bail.

She wasn't driving a Nissan March but a late model Mercedes, so she wasn't exactly struggling.

Edited by giddyup

@transam post #271

The OP makes no mention of a breakdown ..........................the cop stopped because he was lost and decided to sleep. Seems he picked a bad place to " park up " for a sleep.

And again I say ...............the speeding actress obviously hasnt helped the situation any.

As for your question ..................."is all traffic stopped ?"

Well that depends on the circumstances.

If a vehicle breaks down in a traffic lane ................then quite possibly all traffic IS stopped once emergency services arrive. The vehicle will ( if possible ) be moved to the hard shoulder or a nearby suitable place to be repaired or towed

If there is an accident /collision...............once again when emergency services arrive all traffic is stopped whilst victim recovery/ debris removal is undertaken. If possible diversion of traffic occurs at a preceding exit to the motorway and traffic diverted around the accident scene.

In some countries it a legal requirement to have warning triangle(s) or cone(s) that MUST be placed a reasonable distance behind any broken down vehicle on a motorway.

But back to my original point ...................................

You simply do not stop or park on a motorway unless it is un-avoidable.

Speed kills. And she must have been motoring. Hope they spend that poor copper's life for something.

Speed doesn't kill , lack of attention signals and awareness kills.

Speed does kill if you are going too fast without taking into account the road conditions etc, and are unable to stop in time to avoid an accident.

She wasn't driving a Nissan March but a late model Mercedes, so she wasn't exactly struggling.

Yea she isn't exactly struggling, but many Thais drive bmw and mercedes with car installments....

Lets everybody relax........Once again. We live in Thailand.....not the West. Things like this happen almost everyday. People who have money and or are famous have a diffrent set of laws. Nothing you write changes anything. This is how it is here.

So th all the Dorothy's ...." Ya aint in Kansas anymore"

I have known a few farangs here that have killed Thais.....drunk driving. They paid .they never went to jail. two still live here. The system is the system.

@transam post #271

The OP makes no mention of a breakdown ..........................the cop stopped because he was lost and decided to sleep. Seems he picked a bad place to " park up " for a sleep.

And again I say ...............the speeding actress obviously hasnt helped the situation any.

If a vehicle breaks down in a traffic lane ................then quite possibly all traffic IS stopped once emergency services arrive. The vehicle will ( if possible ) be moved to the hard shoulder or a nearby suitable place to be repaired or towed

If there is an accident /collision...............once again when emergency services arrive all traffic is stopped whilst victim recovery/ debris removal is undertaken. If possible diversion of traffic occurs at a preceding exit to the motorway and traffic diverted around the accident scene.

In some countries it a legal requirement to have warning triangle(s) or cone(s) that MUST be placed a reasonable distance behind any broken down vehicle on a motorway.

Scenario old chap, that cop car COULD have been a broken down cop car waiting for assistance....So we have all got to crash into it eh............Comprendy..

Whatever the reason for being stopped on the hard shoulder, "rule number one" is to wait well clear of the vehicle, in case someone smashes into it.

Yea she isn't exactly struggling, but many Thais drive bmw and mercedes with car installments....

You don't buy a late model Mercedes on a "low salary", it would take you 20 years to pay for it. I don't know what she's worth, but obviously enough to get preferential treatment from the police.

"Tests showed no signs of drug abuse, but it will take about a week to determine if she had consumed alcohol." ????

I could understand if it was the other way round, but alcohol can be detected immediately. <deleted>?

What kind of idiots would allow a driver who had just been involved in such an accident to go home and not be alcohol and drug tested. Having watched the video, I was also disturbed that she was allowed access to the case and the dead driver. Shocking.

There's no excuse for reckless driving, but stopping on a motorway to have a sleep is probably not a sensible thing to do, if not illegal. Still, no excuses for this woman. If found guilty of the charges I hope she happens time behind bars, as should the police who let her go home.

@transam post #271

Scenario old chap, that cop car COULD have been a broken down cop car waiting for assistance....So we have all got to crash into it eh............Comprendy..

Whatever the reason for being stopped on the hard shoulder, "rule number one" is to wait well clear of the vehicle, in case someone smashes into it.

For sure, in farangland we are taught that, that would have been his mistake, but the thing is she also made a mistake.

Not defending her one tiny bit.

"Tests showed no signs of drug abuse, but it will take about a week to determine if she had consumed alcohol." ????

I could understand if it was the other way round, but alcohol can be detected immediately. <deleted>?

She wasn't tested for alcohol until nearly 48 hours had passed, so any alcohol in her system would be gone. The police say "they made a mistake" in not testing her immediately. Once again a blind eye is turned for those that can afford to pay for preferential treatment.

A timely reminder to us all to keep our side lights and seat belt on when stopped at the side of the road.

An important observation. If at all possible, I never park or leave my car on or partly on the road. It drives my lady nuts. I always pull off.

Give the rest of the traffic travelling 90 kph through a village all the room they need . . . .

Aren't you allowed to stop wherever you want, half on the road is usually ok or right on the road if there is no where else - bugger everyone else.

There are some really disgusting posters on TVF who should be ashamed of themselves but never are. No thought about the dead policeman or his family and not considering that she may have thought the parked police car was moving (don't tell me it has never happened to you) and froze when realising it wasn't. Accusations flying left right and centre with no evidence to support them just about sums up their level of intelligence.

RIP to the dead man.

Speed kills. And she must have been motoring. Hope they spend that poor copper's life for something.

Speed doesn't kill , lack of attention signals and awareness kills.

Speed does kill if you are going too fast without taking into account the road conditions etc, and are unable to stop in time to avoid an accident.

Speed doesn't kill it's collisions that do.

What kind of idiots would allow a driver who had just been involved in such an accident to go home and not be alcohol and drug tested. Having watched the video, I was also disturbed that she was allowed access to the case and the dead driver. Shocking.

There's no excuse for reckless driving, but stopping on a motorway to have a sleep is probably not a sensible thing to do, if not illegal. Still, no excuses for this woman. If found guilty of the charges I hope she happens time behind bars, as should the police who let her go home.

Is there any sun shining where your head is stuck?

I have a theory that the bike was attempting to overtake and that she accelerated to quite a high speed to prevent this. Then as the bike completed the overtake, she was either unable to handle the speed attained or too busy spitting her dummy because some "cheap" bike had overtaken her Benz.

Having done a lot of riding here, the theory is based on far too many past experiences.

Ah need some rain boots to wade through the ignorance in this thread.

The comparisons with the Vorayuth Yoovidhya case, aside from a dead police officer, are totally baseless way off the mark of the reality of this situation. Vorayuth Yoovidhya is part of one of the richest and some may say powerful families in Thailand. This is a non-entity actress who has been in some b-films and cheap TV dramas. Owning or driving a Mercedes is hardly a marker up the often wrongly and illogically applied hi-so title. Considering she is half Thai, one may consider the fact that her family probably does have some money and may be middle or upper class. Since we don't really know her whole background its probably better to not just regurgitate tired stereotypes, and old and boring labels.

If she WAS high and or drunk then she should face the consequences, although considering the whole scene being filmed and (disgustingly..) shared and watched online kinda leads me to believe the last thing that was happening at the scene of this accident was a corrupt fast one being pulled by an evil, rich, powerful socialite. Just a out of sorts 28 year old who is obviously in shock.

I grew up and studied with lots of girls who were like this - by no means rich, but probably upper middle class, who probably don't face the hardships of TV members favorite poor-ignorant-farmer demo-graph may face, but by no realistic reasoning can be consider elite, hi-so, or even rich for that matter. It is pathetic that the amount of people on this forum that are jaded and misled stemming from their own laughable experiences (unexperiences? (sic) ) in this country.

A very tragic situation.

The story in the Thai Rath, a popular Thai newspaper,states she did not see the policeman who was on a motorcycle and not in a car.

Given the high degree of tint in Thai cars and the possibility she was also wearing designer sunglasses while listening to music and perhaps having had a drink or two,suggests the outcome.

This is a plausible.synopsis.

If the policeman was on a motorbike that would explain his fatal injuries.

Echo's of the Red Bull accident?

Id suggest you start at page one

Yes , you are correct , go back to the original post !

Farongs are very good to interpret Thais bhavier and sense !

My Thai wife say after looking the video !

She was aware, that it was her fault !! ( No motorbike story suddenly eppear - propably introduced by her lawyer -

and found a wittnes immediately - but he will not get a Benz, maybee a hilux will do it )

And my wife told, she was druncan, clear signes when a thai is druncan she showed !

( Not druncan a thai would not show so freely his mood !!! ) ;

And the relatives took her away, so police could not arrest her :-) :-)) - what a crabby story !

( How quick were the relatives to empty their ATMs closed their homes ? )

The police could not check her alco breathing test - they were busy to see for how much their pockets were filled up !!!

But anyway she surrended later on the day by herself, so police could check the alco level -

but it will take a week to determine how much it was -

they meaning it takes a week to count all the tea money they will receive meantime !!

Thats Thailand !

Lets her pay for the 2 poor childs which are now without father,

who will pay for their education next 20 years until finish their study !!

Just count school fees for a good education which you pay currently !

Not a Bilingual or foreigner school, just a good one !!

I pay about 80.000,- for 2 kids every trimester !

so lets her pay for the kids to the family

80.000,- x 3 x 20 years = 4,8 mill,

and 20 years selary for his wife !

I think this is a fair amount !!

lets see how good is her heart and the willing to compensate what she done !

Maybee she say 100km/hr - or how much more ??? for find food !! at 3 am !!

The comparisons with the Vorayuth Yoovidhya case, aside from a dead police officer, are totally baseless way off the mark of the reality of this situation. Vorayuth Yoovidhya is part of one of the richest and some may say powerful families in Thailand. This is a non-entity actress who has been in some b-films and cheap TV dramas. Owning or driving a Mercedes is hardly a marker up the often wrongly and illogically applied hi-so title. Considering she is half Thai, one may consider the fact that her family probably does have some money and may be middle or upper class. Since we don't really know her whole background its probably better to not just regurgitate tired stereotypes, and old and boring labels.

If she WAS high and or drunk then she should face the consequences, although considering the whole scene being filmed and (disgustingly..) shared and watched online kinda leads me to believe the last thing that was happening at the scene of this accident was a corrupt fast one being pulled by an evil, rich, powerful socialite. Just a out of sorts 28 year old who is obviously in shock.

I grew up and studied with lots of girls who were like this - by no means rich, but probably upper middle class, who probably don't face the hardships of TV members favorite poor-ignorant-farmer demo-graph may face, but by no realistic reasoning can be consider elite, hi-so, or even rich for that matter. It is pathetic that the amount of people on this forum that are jaded and misled stemming from their own laughable experiences (unexperiences? (sic) ) in this country.

A very tragic situation.

Very tragic !

you go out for a snac as you hungry ,

you speed your car and kill a cop !!

The article states that this occurred on a motorway, What is the speed limit on motorways?

If she was cut up by a motorbike and witness reports show this to be a possibility, it is a natural reaction to swerve in order not to hit the bike. Unfortunately she hit the car.

What was the policeman thinking to park his car and sleep on a motorway?

I don't believe that we know enough to put the blame 100% on the woman

wha a motorbike, which overrides a car which drives more than 100,

would sudenly speed down and cut her trail ?

He was driving propably correct and went back inside after he had finished the overtaking,

But if you druncan in a car driving,

you would propably miss-reacting - and that seems what she didi and killed the police man on the service - parking lane !!

A service parking lane is not for driving !

Looks like she has now made it to the police station.

pic from Sanook.com

People who are drunk don't usually have such good posture. People can be inattentive for reasons other than intoxication. She looks distraught, not drunk. She was steady on her feet in the video, also. This is a tragedy for all concerned.

you have several steps of druncon !

If not druncan, a Thai never would show hes feelings to the public like she did !

Thats a Thai based comment !!

But after 1 week they will find out finally , she is not toxicated !!

But alcokol in blood you can get results in minutes !!

A very tragic situation.

Very tragic !

you go out for a snac as you hungry ,

you speed your car and kill a cop !!

Thats right - tragic. As in it is a tragedy. Senseless loss of life. Check google, it can sort you if you are confused.

Tragic because many avoidable factors apparently played a role in this. Whether its speeding, drug or alcohol abuse, sleeping in a parked and unlit car, on an expressway.. etc.

The fact that she soiled herself and remains at the site, weeping and cradling the dead body of the police guy leads me to feel she is genuinely upset and traumatised by this incident.

Don't know her from Adam, but its obviously a tremendously sad incident.

Some of the TV posters might like show a bit more self respect and stop sniggering.

Of course if SHE had shown more respect for the law and driven properly then the accident may not even have happened.

Thats right - tragic. As in it is a tragedy. Senseless loss of life. Check google, it can sort you if you are confused.

Tragic because many avoidable factors apparently played a role in this. Whether its speeding, drug or alcohol abuse, sleeping in a parked and unlit car, on an expressway.. etc.

Although the coconuts article states motorway, from the pictures in post #32 of the vehicles in situ, it is obvious that he was parked on the service road. AFAIK there is no reason to show lights on a parked vehicle, nor is there much excuse for a driver that slams into a parked vehicle at high speed on a speed restricted road.