Where can I get a re-entry permit in Suvarnabhumi Airport?

It's immediately before the immigration desks after security, you must be checked in for a flight to access the desk.

Open 24/7, no need for photos etc. they do it all.

200 Baht service fee on top of the permit cost.

It is quite convenient...

However you can save lots of time and the 200 Baht by picking up and filling out the form prior to flying, along with a photo copy of your passport main page, visa page & departure card and have the needed passport photo, and of course... the most important part, 1000 Baht! When entering Immigration, tell them you need a Re-Entry stamp and they'll send you to the little desk after stamping you out. Have done this a few times, quite painless. Same applies for Don Mueng and CNX.

However you can save lots of time and the 200 Baht by picking up and filling out the form prior to flying, along with a photo copy of your passport main page, visa page & departure card and have the needed passport photo, and of course... the most important part, 1000 Baht! When entering Immigration, tell them you need a Re-Entry stamp and they'll send you to the little desk after stamping you out. Have done this a few times, quite painless. Same applies for Don Mueng and CNX.

Do they let you do that now? Last time I got one at the airport, 2 months ago, they filled in the form for me and took the photo. All I had to do was sign the form and pay.

One of the Mods told me yesterday that the 200b service (where you don't need any extras or photo) is only at Sowannapoo.

However, I am sure that when I flew last year from DMuang, the friendly girl did the photo and filled the forms/made the copies. But, I could be wrong in my addled brain because I think I was charged only 1000b.

The whole thing of re-entry is just another huge scam. Where on Earth do you have to pay to go out and then come back? 1000 or 3900! TIT.

Eddy

I think the fee is compulsory. I asked for tge form, showing him my passport photo and he dismissed me and asked a few questions, took my passport then went away and came back with a printed form for me to sign. Oh well TIT.

Yes, the fee is mandatory 1000b for 1 time entry. At the big airport they ask 200b for service (no photo or forms needed). My confusion was re. DM airport.

However, I don't know anywhere else where resident farangs must pay to go out and then come back. 30 dollars to go out and come back one time.

Note: last time I went to Suvarnabhumi airport, I went to one immigration area and asked where the reentry permit desk was, and they told me to go back out and go to another immigration area.

Make sure beforehand that you're in the right immigration area, otherwise you'll have to go through security twice.

Note that at Suvarnabhumi, you must pay the 200b fee to have them take care of the photo/photocopies/form for you. You have no option of doing it yourself, and if you try, they'll just give it back to you. It doesn't help at all to have photocopies or photo beforehand, though if you fill out the form, they'll use it to copy your info onto their form, so filling out the form beforehand does help.

Why leave something like this to the very last minute?

I get a multi-re-entry at the same time I do my annual renewal of my retirement visa.

At 3,800 baht for a multi re-entry you need to exit at least 4 times a year to make it cost effective as logically it expires with your extension. If not then a single is the answer.

At Suvarnabhumi you have to go up the stairs at the back and then down another set to access the desk and then back up again.

Edited by Anon999

Yep as fishbrando mentioned, same experience, was flying Eva Air and told to go to the departure area on the far right from the check-in desks, went through security, asked where to get the re entry visa, had to go out and to the departure area that is more or less in the middle, think it's area 2, through security again and the small kiosk for the permit is in the left corner before immigration, very quick, polite and efficient, was even taken to an immigration desk without queuing. 11am and took 10 mins to complete an all for 1200baht. It is what it is an have no probs with that...

I got a re-entry permit at BKK just over a week ago, with good success. As has been mentioned, you must go through the #2 Immigration area. Go up the stairs to the security check first, then down to the area where you get your exit stamp. The desk is off in the far back left corner of the hall, assuming you are facing the row of immigration officers. It cost 1000 bhat + 200 bhat photo/paperwork fee for a total of 1200. The desk is manned 24h. You must allow extra time before your flight to get this done. In my case it took around 20 minutes, but I suppose it could take longer if it was really busy. In any case, this is way better than suffering in an actual immigration office.

or, why making your life easier when you can make it much more difficult? clap2.gif

Getting a multi re-entry permit at the same time you get your extension is quite straightforward! thumbsup.gif

BTW, if nothing has changed, when you travel business class = using fast track, you won't be able to get your re-entry at the airport.

I get a multi-re-entry at the same time I do my annual renewal of my retirement visa.

Edited by Fab5BKK

or, why making your life easier when you can make it much more difficult? clap2.gif

Getting a multi re-entry permit at the same time you get your extension is quite straightforward! thumbsup.gif

BTW, if nothing has changed, when you travel business class = using fast track, you won't be able to get your re-entry at the airport.

As has already been pointed out, a multiple re-entry permit is only worth it if you do 4 or more re-entries in a year.

Convenience has a price and, after all, we're talking about little money, aren't we?

As has already been pointed out, a multiple re-entry permit is only worth it if you do 4 or more re-entries in a year.

Convenience has a price and, after all, we're talking about little money, aren't we?

For the sake of spending 20 minutes at the airport, I'd rather not waste 3,800 baht!

Each to his own!

BTW, when travelling Business Class you can't get re-entry @ BKK...

Again, depends on how much you value your own time, how & how often you travel... coffee1.gif

For the sake of spending 20 minutes at the airport, I'd rather not waste 3,800 baht!

Do they let you do that now? Last time I got one at the airport, 2 months ago, they filled in the form for me and took the photo. All I had to do was sign the form and pay.

Of course they "let you do that"... before they set up the little 200 Baht desk, you had no choice but to come prepared and do it yourself.

Same as when applying at the local Immigration office where there's no hand-holding service. You have no choice but to have your forms, photo, etc... ready to go.

It's quicker, especially when there's a queue at the "Let us do it for you" desk, to come with the required form, photo and passport photocopies, hand them over and breeze on through.

Of course they "let you do that"... before they set up the little 200 Baht desk, you had no choice but to come prepared and do it yourself.

Same as when applying at the local Immigration office where there's no hand-holding service. You have no choice but to have your forms, photo, etc... ready to go.

It's quicker, especially when there's a queue at the "Let us do it for you" desk, to come with the required form, photo and passport photocopies, hand them over and breeze on through.

That wasn't the case when I did it in December.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

March 14th 2016

They are still in number 2 but the desk moved in parallel with the immigration counters. They no longer take photos, fill out your forms or charge a xtra 200 baht. At 4am with little time to spare they took pitty on me for not having a photo.