PAD learns of final verdict over airports

Lite Beer

PAD learns of final verdict over airports
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- THE People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) has raised Bt7 million to cover court fees in a legal battle stemming from its occupation of Bangkok airports in 2008, a key leader of the group said yesterday.

However, it was found that the final verdict had already been made and therefore the group could not appeal with the Supreme Court as planned.

A court document doing the rounds in the social media implies that the case has already reached its final stage.

Suriyasai Katasila, a former PAD spokesperson, posted on Facebook yesterday that the document was real, but had no clue as to why the 13 accused had not been told about the matter.

"I am one of the accused, but I turn out to be the last one to know. The information has been released on social media by some unknown group. I will have to see whether this is legal or not," he said.

After the yellow shirts took control of Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi airports in 2008, the Appeal Court ordered that all 13 accused must pay Bt600 million in compensation to the Airports of Thailand.

The accused were former yellow shirt key leaders, including Maj-General Chamlong Srimuang, Sondhi Limthongkul, Pibhop Dhongchai, Suriyasai Katasila, Somsak Kosaisuk, Chaiwat Sinsuwong, Somkiat Pongpaibul, Naranyu (Saranyu) Wongkrajang and Sirichai Mai-ngam.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PAD-learns-of-final-verdict-over-airports-30263257.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-27

Oh Gosh

Oh My biggrin.png

Oh Oh Oh .. ... ... I am just on pins and needles but I am going to go out on a limb here and say ... They all will get off BUT It can't appear that way for reasons of reconciliation. So some will have jail time which will be reduced, commuted, dismissed for time served in bars and Karaoke clubs, and no one will actually serve time or pay anything.

That will be the final result but it will take 5 years for it to be completed. It takes some time to let everyone off Scott Free while giving the appearance that they are actually being punished.

Maybe it was kept quiet so that none of the guilty did a runner !!!

Not to worry.

Why would the anti-democrats previously known as the yellow shirts, the PAD or the Lumpini PDRC, do a runner..........

They are immune from judicially sourced accountability as history has shown.

They have never even been near jail based on their political agitation, never mind in one.

The only incarceration they ever experienced is when Cambodia grabbed them when they were messing around at the border.

I take all this back when I see the airporters, Government-sackers, Attacking channel 11, attacking the main Police Station, etc. etc. spend meaningful time in a jail.

Not much chance I will need to do that.......

Now, if these were pro-democracy types...It would be a different story, as history has clearly demonstrated.

It is what double-standards are all about folks.

Edited by Bannum opinions

They should be jailed same as the reds that did 2010, isnt a matter of shirt colour or who you support, both red and yellows are idiots and both need to be locked up for what they did but doubt they will be. Thats the problem here, the courts dont like to lock up the high and mighty(rich), they only jail the poor, until they actually hit them in the hip pocket and give them solid jail time it will keep happening.

I take all this back when I see the airporters, Government-sackers, Attacking channel 11, attacking the main Police Station, etc. etc. spend meaningful time in a jail.

Already in 2010.

http://www.thailandnews.co/2010/12/84-yellow-shirts-get-jail-for-nbt-raid/

They were sentenced to jail terms but never went there.

There have been a number of feints and other smoke and mirror judicial stuff, but jail time was never in the cards..Just pretending.

The chain of command leading from being Perps to incarceration, is an anti-democrat chain of command with respect to political matters.

What lower courts 'giveth', and pretended to do, higher courts always "taketh away.

Accept.....Anti-democrats in all their previous incarnations and egregious actions don't go to jail........Never mind the military triggermen and 90 deaths, including in a temple, Abhisit and Suthep......... We haven't even mentioned them....If you think any of them will see the inside of a jail, you will be sorely mistaken.

They are all immune, or so history leads one to conclude. And on this issue, the past is prologue.

Do you think this double-standard stuff one side of the political divide always talks about, is without foundation?...Or better yet, several foundations.

Think again.

Edited by Bannum opinions

Do you think this double-standard stuff one side of the political divide always talks about, is without foundation?...Or better yet, several foundations.

Yes, double-standard.

When will a red-shirt leader go to jail, when will they have to pay for the burning of Bangkok.

Here is two democrat leaders sentenced to death.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/585412-death-sentences-for-former-democrat-mp-and-local-politician-from-loei/