New Monk Attempts to Burn Down Monastery on First Day

Lite Beer

Amazing how some people react when they're on the inside of the scam looking out.

Scam? Please explain your absurd idea. From you other posts you have absolutely no respects for others' religion, or is it just Buddhism?

Theres nothing absurd. All religions are a scam. If you need to believe in something, believe in something thats real.

Edited by city

Amazing how some people react when they're on the inside of the scam looking out.

Scam? Please explain your absurd idea. From you other posts you have absolutely no respects for others' religion, or is it just Buddhism?

Theres nothing absurd. All religions are a scam. If you need to believe in something, believe in something thats real.

I believe 1'll have another beer.

Where are all the legalise cannabis gang today.

Great idea make it legal so anyone can have it and act like this fella.

But there must be another reason, cant be the pot he smoked, its harmless... Yea right carry on trying to fool yourselves.

Marijuana is legal in the US states of Washington, Alaska, Colorado, and Oregon. Why don't you check the arson (and other crime) stats there... according to your 'theory' those places should lawless hellholes by now. Here's one piece I found: http://www.inquisitr.com/1490010/is-legalizing-recreational-marijuana-use-beneficial-to-the-society-colorado-crime-rate-statistics-surely-suggest-so/

From another report:

Here’s what we know so far: According to the state’s department of revenue, the first ten months of legal marijuana sales have resulted in nearly $40 million in tax revenue. The city of Denver saw a decrease in violent crime rates in the first 11 months of 2014, following a similar trend in 2013. Statewide traffic fatalities continue to decline, according to the Colorado Department of Transportation. Upwards of $8 million has been allocated to fund youth education and drug prevention efforts. And the state is enjoying economic growth and the lowest unemployment rate in years.

You may need to rethink your cause-effect assumptions here....

How does a 16 yr. old smuggle MJ into the Monastery?

Burning the 1st day is good...did not waste a lot of the Monk's time...

Wonderful display of youthful "Thainess"...

He's not a monk, he's a novice monk. You have to be 20 to ordain. His parents probably brow beat him into putting on the robes. Which happens a lot in Thailand. This kid has problems. Possibly more than a little weed sent him over the edge. Parents more than likely went to the abbot, slipped him a 1000 baht, said here's our problem boy, do something with him. Happens daily in Thailand. coffee1.gif

Where are all the legalise cannabis gang today.

Great idea make it legal so anyone can have it and act like this fella.

But there must be another reason, cant be the pot he smoked, its harmless... Yea right carry on trying to fool yourselves.

Here we have a teenager just been sent to a Wat. I'd love to know more about why he was there in the first place that might offer more of an insight to why this happened.

Chances are there are underlying issues that contributed more to this sort of behavior, given that THC is prescribed legally in various places as a sedative for medical conditions.

…and how many people committed rape, road rages, caused accidents and beat up family members the same day while under the influence of alcohol? Try to get real.

So he was not remanded for damaging sacred monk stuff, no rally of protesters out side the temple, no lynch mobs, nobody to say how bad it was to do those things in a temple, oh I forgot, he was not a foreigner, Thai monk to be are allowed to do that .

From what many Thais have told me, many monks score and deal drugs inside the temples and have drug fueled parties at night behind the temple walls. Its a great life when the public buy you food, a computer, mobile phones, you dont have to work and can get hammered every night paid for by the public.

Rockstars in robes!

Here we got a drug addict

Please, don't talk about what you don't understand. You're making a fool of yourself.

My guess is that he simply didn't want to enter the monkhood in the first place and got even more upset once in.

I've had serious conversations about religion with many Thais, and while they start as "I'm a buddhist", it sometimes ends in "I wish I could do like you, but Being a Thai, I don't really have any choice. I'm only doing it to please my parents"

If you don't understand that religion is a scam, that's what we call a personal problem.

Buddhism is not a scam - get a life.

Let's not mix the religion here with any of the weird ones in your country - I predict with your arrogant nature, you are an american.

Edited by Johnniey