One year O-A extension in Phuket Town

RickNew

Can anyone tell me if I can extend my one retirement visa 45 days in advance at Phuket Town, or is 30 days the max?

Also, I have seen a few conflicting posts on what is required for Proof of Residence, some say TM30 needed, others say Phuket has their own "special" form. Does anyone have any recent experience with proof of residence requirements?

Thanks!

30 days is the typical extension date. Although I once got one 60 days out when I explained I was leaving got attend my daughter's graduation. They made a one time exception and they said please don't ask again. So if you have a really good reason that they accept, they may make an exception. Good luck!

Edited by Jimi007

Yes, I agree with above ... 30 days is normally the maximum advance days. However is you have a explanation for why you need more days in advance then present your case to Immigration.

Either form seems to be accepted. Why not take both ? to be sure.

Edited by LivinginKata

30 day was the norm but those days you can do it up to 45 days before the expire date.

I suppose that you mean the address registration (proof of residence is not required for a extension but to buy a car etc)

Both forms are excepted but normally private registrars are using the local form at the immigration office.