Killing Surat Thani prosecutor: Man confesses to murder

webfact

Man confesses to murder
The Nation

30263556-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- POLICE HAVE pressed charges of premeditated murder against a man who has allegedly confessed to killing Surat Thani provincial chief prosecutor Phayong Dokmaihom out of jealousy.

Police yesterday collected DNA samples from Niwat Jongsuk, 37, a close aide and gardener working for Phayong, 54. The DNA samples will be sent to Songkhla's Crime Scientific Crime Detection Division.

Niwat surrendered to police and allegedly confessed that he killed Phayong after learning that the prosecutor, with whom he allegedly had been having a sexual relationship for eight years, was seeing another man.

Police will today seek court permission to detain him.

Niwat yesterday re-enacted the crime in Surat Thani under the protection of 100 police officers. In the re-enactment, Niwat unlocked Phayong's house, and took a pile of rambutan from the pickup into the living room. He then went to the kitchen to prepare lunch.

He said Phayong was sleeping upstairs and as he was taking his lunch up to the bedroom, he said he heard the phone ring and said he knew the person on the other side of the line was Phayong's new lover, as he had seen messages they exchanged via Line.

He said he lost his temper while asking Phayong who the man was and they started arguing. He said Phayong left the bedroom and returned with a stick, and then when they started arguing again, Phayong hit him. He said he defended himself with a fan, then snatched the stick from Phayong and beat him to death. He then removed his bloodstained clothes, put them in a black bag, had a shower and left. He then took a bus to his home town in Phang Nga, ridding himself of the bag on the way, before going to stay with a friend in Lop Buri.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Man-confesses-to-murder-30263556.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-02

I thought yesterday the articles said the murdered guy was married(to a woman).

Elton John was married to a woman once.

Yes but in name only for favourable publicity and to try and dispel the rumours, the ' breakup ' was all pre-arranged. They never actually did the husband and wife thing. biggrin.png

Edited by NongKhaiKid

I thought yesterday the articles said the murdered guy was married(to a woman).

I have read that it used to be common among European and American gay men who were "in the closet" (hiding their sexual preference) to marry and even have children. The wife was referred to as a "beard," i.e. a disguise.

Thailand is one big soap opera.

The ironic pathos of the stick/phallus symbolism in the murder is fascinating.

Did the stick come into play as a representation of the ongoing virility of the gardener?

Is the fan used in the reenactment in some ways related to the tale of futility in fighting ones own nature, as with Don Quixote where he fights the windmill?

Or is it just a sad story about 2 gays beating the living bejesus out of each other ?

Its difficult to tell.

There could be a lot more to this case. We all know how unreliable the media is here. How censored it is. Is this the real story? From what I have heard, there are very few Thai prosecutors who are honest, and have integrity. So, could it be related to a case he mishandled? Could it be related to a demand for cash? Who knows?

Pure BS. All a lie to cover what really happened.

So what "slit" the victim's throat, the stick, or the fan?

The Thai legal system is like Alice in Wonderland; Nothing is what it seems.

Or the 'slit the throat' report was pure BS. And if it wasn't, and this one is BS, Wirat's been paid a lot of money to carry the can. And it's a mighty strange coincidence that this murder of the senior prosecutor occurs just before the B2 go on trial. The timing couldn't have been more apt, could it?

I knew it was the gardener. The need of 100 cops to protect one guy says a lot about their skills and expertise. Shitake hit the fan again.

Yeah, In Aus, US or other places 100 or more cops would be a parade, big crowd control an anti terrorist operation or some other major major crime bust with significant outcomes, here protection for a guy who killed his lover. Probably had it not been for jealous rage he normally wouldn't hurt a fly.

Perhaps they were there to study pointing and the chance of a photo.

Edited by Oziex1

Some are considering a conspiracy here and I can understand that as the Koh Tao murder trial raises many questions on the credibility of the authorities.

However the case of jealousy leading to murder is very credible and lacks the usual and often ludicrous scenarios manufactured by the Thai authorities.

Some are considering a conspiracy here and I can understand that as the Koh Tao murder trial raises many questions on the credibility of the authorities.

However the case of jealousy leading to murder is very credible and lacks the usual and often ludicrous scenarios manufactured by the Thai authorities.

Of course it's credible. RTP have decades of practice in these matters. However, explaining the slit throat would have to be buried as incorrect reporting - the murder weapon was the stick. I'm actually surprised the gardener didn't use a hoe.

Pure BS. All a lie to cover what really happened.

So what "slit" the victim's throat, the stick, or the fan?

The Thai legal system is like Alice in Wonderland; Nothing is what it seems.

Even Lewis Carroll could not dream up scenarios that emanate from Thailand sometimes facepalm.gif

Of course it's credible. RTP have decades of practice in these matters. However, explaining the slit throat would have to be buried as incorrect reporting - the murder weapon was the stick. I'm actually surprised the gardener didn't use a hoe.

Hoe, a little passè wouldn't you say after Koh Tao?

The DNA samples will be sent to Songkhla's Crime Scientific Crime Detection Division.

One wonders if when the results come back from the lab, they will indicate the real perpetrators of this crime as being from Cambodia or Burma ?...rolleyes.gif

There just might be something else behind this, eventhough the jealousy-motive is plausible.

password on my phone, and another one for access to LINE... photos... banks apps.

Let me guess the first one:
Code zero zero zero. Destruct. Zero.

And the second one:

Code one two three, continuity, abort destruct order.

crazy.gif

Yes they have experience but do they ever come up with something as believable as this.

Not very often.