Prostitution: Thailand's worst kept secret

webfact

Sure those who partake will do so despite what anyone says on this forum no fear of that. If consenting adults receive benefit of the trade-off it's not my place to judge so I have no objection. However I will object to those who participate in underage sex or turn a blind eye to using girls who are coerced or trafficked into the industry because they think they have the right to take what's on offer since they hold the advantage in their wallets and their brains are in their dicks. Sorry but I will never shut up about that, and I don't see it as a whinge.

using girls who are coerced or trafficked into the industry

I doubt you have ever talked to many if any any farang scene bar girls to be coming up with that old urban myth. Perhaps some will come up with a story if they think it's what you want to hear, but no one is forcing them to be there, and they can leave any time they want.

Of course the prospect of working in a sweat shop or in the rice fields for 3,000 baht a month is a large disincentive to do so.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had to raise a child and feel a iota responsibility for this child, you would maybe think a bit different about a "free choice". If not, you might be a sociopath or come from a sociopathic society.

Sure those who partake will do so despite what anyone says on this forum no fear of that. If consenting adults receive benefit of the trade-off it's not my place to judge so I have no objection. However I will object to those who participate in underage sex or turn a blind eye to using girls who are coerced or trafficked into the industry because they think they have the right to take what's on offer since they hold the advantage in their wallets and their brains are in their dicks. Sorry but I will never shut up about that, and I don't see it as a whinge.

I doubt you have ever talked to many if any any farang scene bar girls to be coming up with that old urban myth. Perhaps some will come up with a story if they think it's what you want to hear, but no one is forcing them to be there, and they can leave any time they want.

Of course the prospect of working in a sweat shop or in the rice fields for 3,000 baht a month is a large disincentive to do so.

Thank you for pointing that out but if you read my post correctly you would see that I have no objection to the trade off between consenting adults so in that respect I have no place to judge. Are you not satisfied with that?

But what you call an old urban myth and seem to be ignorant of are the facts. I wonder if you have a daughter or not?

What did you say? "Perhaps some will come up with a story if they think it's what you want to hear, but no one is forcing them to be there, and they can leave any time they want." Guess you only see what suits you.

There's more historical info below

if you're interested to copy and paste the URLS.....

Yeah, but we white boys don't get to interact with those girls, in CM they are in the Thai only karaoke joints around the ring road (look for fairy lights) controlled by the police.

They also have hill tribe girls (no Thai ID) in them.

If you had to raise a child and feel a iota responsibility for this child, you would maybe think a bit different about a "free choice". If not, you might be a sociopath or come from a sociopathic society.

You are trying to justify your choice of partner ie, from YOUR posts, she was a prostitute from Issan, working in a bar (brothal) in Pattaya when you bought her. It is not the only work that is available in Thailand. Wise up, and stop trying to justify / apologise for lazy prostitutes. Flame away.

You are trying to justify your choice of partner ie, from YOUR posts, she was a prostitute from Issan, working in a bar (brothal) in Pattaya when you bought her. It is not the only work that is available in Thailand. Wise up, and stop trying to justify / apologise for lazy prostitutes. Flame away.

1. She was working in a bar. She's a beautiful woman, but she's got her tricks to keep Farangs off her body if they come to close and she doesn't like them. So technically she's not a prostitute. Maybe never was, it's not my job to question her.

2. I did not buy her. She's not my property.

3. She's not lazy. She works a lot, and she can stand on her own feet, without working in a bar. She can also go to Europe, she's got a working permit for Benelux.

Even if she would have been a prostitute once, what would it prove?

Edited by micmichd

Interesting to see all of the repressed sexual comments by some posters. Prostitution is a world wide practice. Western men (and a lot of women) visit most Asian countries. They negotiate a price for a sexual need and the ladies negotiate for a price to buy a new phone or support their families. Most sex does not hurt anyone, unless it is forced or to the children caught up in exploitation. But if it is not the latter, why are so many of you hung up on sex. Either you are religious cranks or you are so repressed or ugly that you have not tried it or cannot get it up. But no need to show hatred toward ladies that indulge in this business, your hatred to them reflects on your overall opinion of women. Because you despise the business and many women, you should leave the subject alone. That is what a normal person would do. Live and let live.

Actually most girls that work in bars are looking to meet foreigners as pertentual

husbands ,this is a fact but there are a lot of girls that are just out to rip off a foreigner as well ,meny young girls from poor families go to work in bar because ,they have got a baby and the father has pissed of ,and tbey cant earn a living any other way. And the bar offers a way of meeting some one who can change there life for the better. I know this because ,i had spent a lot of time in bars ,and talked to meny of these girls .

I also have had a few thai girlfriends that worked in bars and resterants ,and most come from very poor families and of course we are very atractive to them.

And then there are millions of girls who have, there own small businesses and work hard to make a living , i met my lady online, we have been together over three years now . She had been married twice ,her first husband wouldnt work so she got her mum and dad to kick him out ,this happens a lot, second husband died was a good guy ,i met here around this time,she had a hairdressing business in bangkok ,now she has a cafe in sisakat ,she dont make much money but enough to keep her haPpy

And life is good

Ugh , sexually compatible ,cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

IMHO, being financially compatible, would be a better option ,

A happy life together,, and forever , in LOS.

One darling .coffee1.gif

Both (sexually and financially compatible) would be perfect, wouldn't it?

LOL,( "sexually compatible"), when usually papa farang is 20 or 30 years older than his ex bar girl partner/wife. Would you be sexually compatible (or anything compatible) with a woman 30 years older than you ? Wise up.

If the woman took care of herself and was a looker, 20 years age gap is still very compatible. Three of the most erotic experiences I have ever had were with female's in their mid to late 40's and I was around 30 at the time. I'll bet any of them could still show me a good time. This was in Thailand and they were not on the payroll.

Granted, that compatibility doesn't reverse well for men, but still.......sexual compatibility is not a mathematical equation.

Many women reach sexual prime in their 40's (speaking from experience, of course).

We just have to accept that most of the tourists and foreigner living in Thailand are here for the prostitution. Most Thai / Farang couples living in Thailand have meet in a bar. It's sad but it's the reality so we just have to accept it and move forward.

We just have to accept that most of the tourists and foreigner living in Thailand are here for the prostitution. Most Thai / Farang couples living in Thailand have meet in a bar. It's sad but it's the reality so we just have to accept it and move forward.

Is that the reason that the majority here are Thai bashers and perpetual whiners, but still sticking up in TH?

"...you just get all your information from Stickman!"

Do you know what's the difference between a stupid, smart and wise man?

A stupid man keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

A smart man makes mistakes and learns from them, not making them again in the future.

A wise man learns from other people's mistakes, so he never has to make them.

"YES... it can be done....." But Dang... momasita...

1. She was working in a bar. She's a beautiful woman, but she's got her tricks to keep Farangs "off her body" if they come to close and she doesn't like them. So technically she's not a prostitute.

Ridiculous. she was working as a prostitute in a bar in Pattaya, and you say she was not "technically" a prostitute. The only farangs she would want to "(keep off her body") was the farangs that did not want to pay her. Please accept it and get a life.

Two reasons most come here, cheap drinks & drugs and (initially) cheaper women.

You're saying DUMB people come to Thailand for those reasons, not knowing beer is CHEAPER IN AMERICA and drugs are LEGAL (in several states).

Even illegal drugs like coke/crack must be cheaper in America, than Thailand. Check out how big the border between America and Mexico is sometime.

Of course, dumb people don't let facts get in their way.

Welcome to Bangkok/Phuket/Pattaya!

I'm sure you'll fit right in next to your fellow Geniuses there, 555

Michael8511

What a sad and uninformed comment to make. You must be so repressed. If you ever could afford to visit the tourist areas, you would find the majority are retired couples visiting, honeymooners visiting, people touring from their country for the first time, Chinese group tourists and so on. You are so caught up in the sex scene, you fail to see the trees from the forest. You either live in one of the sex areas and never see anything else or you are so far repressed, so judgemental to make your own lack of self esteem, that you must judge some bar ladies.

To brling.

You think that you have outed someone that is a bar girl and his new companion. What you have done is shown just how shallow you are, how repressed you are, how morally righteous you are, what a dork head you are and what a winker you are.

To brling.

You think that you have outed someone that is a bar girl and his new companion. What you have done is shown just how shallow you are, how repressed you are, how morally righteous you are, what a dork head you are and what a winker you are.

I think you should've stopped at "dork head".

Why isn’t prostitution made legal world-wide? It’s because male dominated societies don’t want to give women full physical and economic power over their own bodies. It’s a way to keep women subjugated and second class citizens. Look at how many societies still have child brides and arranged marriages? Are those practices for the benefit of women? Just as those practices don’t benefit women so does keeping prostitution illegal. Let’s empower woman and allow them to choose how they want to choose their sexual partners – for love or money or both. Through the ages women have chosen sexual partners for financial security. Let’s give them the right to do it openly. I understand during the last parliamentary discussion on whether to legalize prostitution in Thailand one of the main arguments against legalizing it was that “too many good girls would do it.” So which is it? Is prostitution a life of misery or a profession gladly chosen by many women to give them freedom and economic choices? It’s likely that if prostitution was made legal in America many women would chose to do it full-time or part-time. The way it is now many women in America sell their sexual favors indirectly. They don’t believe if a man buys them a dinner or drinks or takes them to a movie it’s selling their sexual favors….but why would a man do that unless he wants to sleep with them? It’s not “virtue” that keeps most women from selling their bodies openly but only the law against prostitution. Let’s give women total freedom and get it out in the open.

LOL,( "sexually compatible"), when usually papa farang is 20 or 30 years older than his ex bar girl partner/wife. Would you be sexually compatible (or anything compatible) with a woman 30 years older than you ? Wise up.

i love this!!!! watching a 60 year old guy with this 20 something year old "girlfriend", walking in the street like he's the new stallion in town, complete with the glock polo, crocks and buddhist amulettes. for me it's one of the highlights in thailand. it's also something i have never seen (so blatantly) in any other country, including the much poorer neighbouring countries.

it's the best circus ever cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why isn’t prostitution made legal world-wide? It’s because male dominated societies don’t want to give women full physical and economic power over their own bodies.

It's because women are vulnerable (physically) and need protection against testosteron-filled psychos, frustros, perverts, mysogenes, wackos, etc. Majority of die-hard mongers belong to one of aforementioned groups. I used to date an ex-prostitute when I was in my 20s, in Europe not here. She told me about the shit she went through. Trust me, female prostitution would be a fantastic job... if there were no men around/involved.

Why isn’t prostitution made legal world-wide? It’s because male dominated societies don’t want to give women full physical and economic power over their own bodies.

It's because women are vulnerable (physically) and need protection against testosteron-filled psychos, frustros, perverts, mysogenes, wackos, etc. Majority of die-hard mongers belong to one of aforementioned groups. I used to date an ex-prostitute when I was in my 20s, in Europe not here. She told me about the shit she went through. Trust me, female prostitution would be a fantastic job... if there were no men around/involved.

I also lived with a hooker for a while, in Thailand.

She did it because she was lazy and liked sex with different men, her choice, never any guy forcing her to work.

University degree from CMU, very pretty, extremely violent and aggressive. Probably a psychopath, had killed at least one former 'boyfriend' (Swedish).

Thai hookers and Euro hookers are not the same, different motives, different modus operandi.

You can't blame everything that women do on men, that's just a copout.

I also lived with a hooker for a while, in Thailand.

She did it because she was lazy and liked sex with different men, her choice, never any guy forcing her to work.

University degree from CMU, very pretty, extremely violent and aggressive. Probably a psychopath, had killed at least one former 'boyfriend' (Swedish).

Thai hookers and Euro hookers are not the same, different motives, different modus operandi.

You can't blame everything that women do on men, that's just a copout.

His girlfriend is farang and possibly reading this thread too, he has to be pc.

stickylies posted:

I think your sample size is too small. I go to plenty of bars and see many consenting adults enjoying themselves – both male and female. Many of these bar ladies have regular repeat customers. If the ladies were being treated so badly I doubt they would continue to see the same customers. Could it be that they enjoy seeing these men??? The narrative that all prostitution is bad, all prostitutes are evil and all customers are losers is false. But lazy people don’t want to look around and see it for what it really is. They would rather stick with their preconceived ideas. Go down to Walking Street and go into the GO GO bars and see if they ladies are being mistreated. Talk to the customers and you’ll find the whole gamut of society…from blue collar to professionals. And if in your opinion all the “customers” are testosterone-filled psychos, frustros, perverts, misogynists, wackos, etc. you sure don’t think much of the Thai people you live with. since the Kinsey Institute reported 90% of Thai male participants in their study have had sex with a prostitute. I agree human trafficking and underage girls should be illegal and the laws enforced. But let consenting adults do what they wish. The only people that normally have a problem with that are moralizers who are sexually repressed.

Thank you for pointing that out but if you read my post correctly you would see that I have no objection to the trade off between consenting adults so in that respect I have no place to judge. Are you not satisfied with that?

But what you call an old urban myth and seem to be ignorant of are the facts. I wonder if you have a daughter or not?

What did you say? "Perhaps some will come up with a story if they think it's what you want to hear, but no one is forcing them to be there, and they can leave any time they want." Guess you only see what suits you.

There's more historical info below

if you're interested to copy and paste the URLS.....

YES, that happens but NOT for the farang sex industry. You are confusing the Thai and the farang scenes.

Girls in the farang scene don't work in brothels.

Michael8511

What a sad and uninformed comment to make. You must be so repressed. If you ever could afford to visit the tourist areas, you would find the majority are retired couples visiting, honeymooners visiting, people touring from their country for the first time, Chinese group tourists and so on. You are so caught up in the sex scene, you fail to see the trees from the forest. You either live in one of the sex areas and never see anything else or you are so far repressed, so judgemental to make your own lack of self esteem, that you must judge some bar ladies.

Every tourist area in Thailand has bars with willing ladies to accompany one. If you haven't seen them you weren't looking very hard.

"Trust me, female prostitution would be a fantastic job... if there were no men around/involved."

There are some differences in the female and male brains.

For example, why are almost all customers of prostitutes men (straight or gay)?

Why don't more women pay men for sex?

My theory is that women like money (security) more than sex.

While men like sex much more than money...