Officer arrested after failing to rob a goldshop in Phayao

Lite Beer

"Police said they were yet to find out what motivated the officer to rob the goldshop." ....

Could it be greed for gold and too lazy to Work, after all he was an official ... The idiocy here is unbelievable, never seen so many retards in one place and many of them are on official duty clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

btw Police didnt "Rush to the scene" and no pointing fingers - did it happen at all .... ?

Gotta love the Thai reporting, headline should have been:

"Royal Thai Police officer scum subdued by hero victims in failed robbery and murder attempt"

Go to love Thaivisa posters, the headline should have been,

"Tatsujin Cannot Read, Royal Thai Police Sue Him For Libel".

There's no police to bash/ blame in this incident.

Yes, thank you Sviss Geez, I corrected it in post #16 as I couldn't edit the original post.

Normally the RTP (Rob The People) would be involved in a case like this, either investigating ... ups forgot where I am or you know what ...

I wish i had role played 'Thai policeman' when i was a child. Imagine the skills sets in white-collar western vocations it could have seriously advantaged you in?!

Add a little finesse maybe..

I'm sure he was normally a great policeman, just having an off day. The deadly transfer awaits.

Doesn't anyone read the original story before posting?

Too right. And back on topic, they should throw the book at this Salvation Army officer who tried to rob a sweet shop in Chaiyo, armed with a baseball bat.

Robbery you idiots!!!! That's the motive!!!

How do you know? Maybe he went there to collect his protection money and the shop refused so he decided to collect it in gold. When they resisted his gun went off accidentally shooting that lady. Since he was owed that bribe money for protection he was not actually robbing the place. Just getting what was due him in a different currency.

In the scheme if things in thailand my story is more logical than just a stupid robbery.

How do you know? Maybe he went there to collect his protection money and the shop refused so he decided to collect it in gold. When they resisted his gun went off accidentally shooting that lady. Since he was owed that bribe money for protection he was not actually robbing the place. Just getting what was due him in a different currency.

In the scheme if things in thailand my story is more logical than just a stupid robbery.

Does this make him innocent?

that's actually more serious - extortion with menaces.

Its kind of serial robbery.

He shot someone.

The gun didn't accidentally go off.

It was loaded, in his hand, he was pointing it, in a situation where he is demanding gold.

I am going suggest that the interpretation of it "Just going off" is not reasonable mitigation.

I fail to see any part of this story where he is not to blame.

Including his injury. Which wouldn't have occurred without his precipitation.

He shot someone.

It was loaded, in his hand, he was pointing it, in a situation where he is demanding gold.

I am going suggest that the interpretation of it "Just going off" is not reasonable mitigation.

Apperently you dont live in thialand.

He shot someone.

Apperently you dont live in thialand.

Not only do I live here, I can spell too.

Don't confuse the use of the word 'officer' as meaning police officer. The report identifies the perp as 'assistant district officer' He' a local civil servant. Could be he owes a gambling debt......

Just as well the guy in the cargo pants is wearing genuine Nike footwear or the police officer would be writing up another ticket!

"Police said they were yet to find out what motivated the officer to rob the goldshop."

After a thorough investigation, they found out that the minimum wage was too low, causing insufficient funds for daily life use. The minimum wage will be considered for another increase.

Mr. Somchai Kittipingpong was released on bail for 200 baht.

It just wasn't his fault.

The BP website has a story in which the arrested person claims to have done it because of financial problems.

So that seems to sort everything out, WRONG, the case is so complicated the BIB had to run one of their prove nothing, farcical reconstructions.