SURVEY: Should Thailand legalize gay Marriage?

Scott

Should Thailand legalize gay marriage  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is what offends me. But I won’t demand their rainbow flag be banned and I certainly won’t riot in the streets.

Two absolutely terrible disgusting 'people'.

would you say the same if they were 2 girls protesting like this ?

If they were fat, ugly, and hairy, then yes.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me, how a President can proclaim " in God we trust" and other references to God in nearly all of his speeches and at the same time supports gay marriage?

Because God is BS

Tell me, how a President can proclaim " in God we trust" and other references to God in nearly all of his speeches and at the same time supports gay marriage?

Because God is BS

you are quite correct he is the Blessed Son,as Dave Allen used tio say "May your god go with you".

We've had in SA for some time now and it's no big deal.interestingly enough I met a Thai guy here the other day who is applying for political asylum as he is being victimized in Thailand but could live here and marry his gay partner...

We've had in SA for some time now and it's no big deal.interestingly enough I met a Thai guy here the other day who is applying for political asylum as he is being victimized in Thailand but could live here and marry his gay partner...

That's very interesting.

Victimised for being gay, or LM, or something else?

shouldn't thailand worry about something more important?

So Thailand from your POV is so limited in capability that they can't consider multiple policy questions at the same time?

In a sense, I would agree that currently Thailand's government is in a transitional phase towards who knows what, and social questions like this will necessarily take the back burner.

Anyway, the poll question doesn't really address TIMING. It obviously isn't happening RIGHT NOW.

I didn't say they can't, but for sure, in my POV and in my experience, they can't consider all of them at once and get to a good point for all of them.

Didn't the US have something more important to worry about? It's about human rights, or is that not important enough for you.

Define human rights, by whose standards?

If it is important enough for Thailand to consider it, well so be it.

Human rights, perhaps we should ask the Rohingya or Uighirs, or do their human rights not matter?

Didn't the US have something more important to worry about? It's about human rights, or is that not important enough for you.

Define human rights, by whose standards?

If it is important enough for Thailand to consider it, well so be it.

Human rights, perhaps we should ask the Rohingya or Uighirs, or do their human rights not matter?

Geez, so we shouldn't discuss anything else so long as there are kids starving in Africa? Whatever cause you're interested in, I'm sure there are more important things going on in the world, if that's where you're coming from.

Gay marriage is about equal rights, which certainly falls in the realm of human rights.

I also thought it was already legal in Thailand?

Anyway, I hate people being labelled, we're all humans, so yes of course it should be legal.

Anyway, I hate people being labelled, we're all humans,

Ever lived in Thailand for any signifcant amount of time, eg more than six months?

I am usually labelled a farang, but never mind.

Victimized for being gay,not anything else.Although it is tolerated in Thailand it is still very much frowned upon by most a Thai people. It's just a case of 'it's not my business' and they ignore it.

Edited by Singharh

Victimized for being gay,not anything else.Although it is tolerated in Thailand it is still very much frowned upon by most a Thai people. It's just a case of 'it's not my business' and they ignore it.

Can't help wondering when you did the survey that produced this conclusion

Just the fact that its taken this long 2015 for US to legalize it says it all. in my humble opinion, Marriage is for a man and a woman. and if people decide to be gay , they should not be allowed the right to have children!

Does the fact that interracial marriage was not legalized in the US until the '60's "Say it all, in your humble opinion"? Haters like you said the same thing about interracial marriage (against the bible, not traditional blah blah). Everyone has a short memory.

All this "Traditional One Man - One Woman" crap. Over the span of time, "Traditional" marriage has been ONE man and the WIVES he owned and treated like crap, and still is in many countries. So tell me Aussie, when exactly did you "Choose" to be straight? When exactly did you make a conscientious decision not to be gay? Why in the world would anyone make a decision to be gay and have to put up with people like you all their lives? Get a clue.

My only question is ,why do so many homosexual people have to flaunt their sexuality? ? why in Goss name cant they just go on witht their lives like us hetrosexuals do . we dont have a special flag ,or a familly pride march ,mind you the Russians have just come out with a familly pride picture ,fighting back maybe,lol

by the way i do believe their should be some sort of contract between same sex couples ,that is binding ,but marriage and kids ,sorry no to that ,if nature had intended same sex couples to have children it would have allowed it . and thats not hate ,just common sense .

There's no need to assemble a "straight pride" parade because that group already has the power. There's not an overcoming of oppression in which to be proud. No cruel names thrown your way. No conquered identity confusion. Be happy you don't need a pride parade!

I used to not care one way or the other. Each to their own and in the privacy of their own home do what you like - just don't shove the ridiculous crap as per the photo on the front page of this thread, that gay men especially seem to need to be constantly shovelling at the rest of us. We as heterosexuals don't need all that crap to respect your right's and choices and I have happily voted for NZ gay rights as basic human rights the same as all of us should have. Relaxed enough about the my male sexuality to even prefer going to gay bars in Thailand to avoid the constant harassment one gets in bars from the female prostitutes. At least in a gay bar once you tell the first one to make a pass to "f...off I'm straight" the word goes round and you can enjoy a hassle free beer as guys.

But in the last year my daughter, a thai by birth and a citizen of both Thailand and New Zealand after learning that young thai males are immature and a waste of space has crossed over to bi sexual and by her choices happily forced me to be involved. I love her to bits and am getting to love her partner, another thai girl by birth and joint thai and Kiwi citizen as well. Here in NZ they have the rights to marriage and the law supports their partnership rights which I fully support and agree with. Yet in Thailand a country supposedly more advanced in sexual liberty for longer than our western countries their rights are non existent. But I don't think that surprises given the corrupt and pathetic political nature of Thailand and its failure to follow through on meaningful policies and especially fair and equal social policy. Fully support the over hauling of Thai laws to recognise gay rights. If a lesser democratic country like the USA gigglem.gif can finally get it right then perhaps there is hope for Thailand in the very near future.

You poor down trodden majority you.. you're only 95% of the population. How dare the other 5% "Shovel it at the rest of us". That is so unfortunate that only 99.9 percent of all entertainment ever created in the history of mankind caters specifically to your exact demographic. Gay people have to get your 99.9 percent of all romance, kisses and sex in the media thrown in their faces. They don't bitch about it. You poor oppressed person you.. LOL

I can't believe so much hysteria over probably 3% of the population wanting to get married like the rest of the world.. amazing!

My only question is ,why do so many homosexual people have to flaunt their sexuality? ? why in Goss name cant they just go on witht their lives like us hetrosexuals do?

Sounds like you've never seen what heterosexual women will do for a few strings of beads at a Mardi Gras festival, or what straight guys do at spring break in Miami. Can't post the pics here, so you'll have to go do some "research". Try not to get your keyboard all sticky again.

Edited by attrayant

My only question is ,why do so many homosexual people have to flaunt their sexuality? ? why in Goss name cant they just go on witht their lives like us hetrosexuals do?

Sounds like you've never seen what heterosexual women will do for a few strings of beads at a Mardi Gras festival, or what straight guys do at spring break in Miami. Can't post the pics here, so you'll have to go do some "research". Try not to get your keyboard all sticky again.

got the rainbow flag over your door have you?

and no i am not anti gay ,just anti discrimination ,something a lot of gay people are ,targeting christian bakeries ect(and no i am not religous in the slightest) i just wish people would get on quietly with their lives ,and not like the two lesbians in the British newspapers the other day at a food festival ,lots of kids around and they stand in the middle of it all dressed in god knows what and kissing passionetly in front of everyone ,then when people ask them to stop,are "outraged" and rush off to the newspapers.<deleted>--ing losers