Father faces deportation to Thailand after 27 years in Britain for two 'stupid crimes'

webfact

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This now happens both ways.

Just take a look at this guy and tell me why he should not be ejected from Australia....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-02/robert-bertie-kidd-fights-plan-to-deport-him-to-the-uk/6589862

One of Australia's oldest and most notorious criminals, 81-year-old Robert "Bertie" Kidd has vowed to fight a plan to deport him back to his native United Kingdom when he is released from prison next month.

In a move his family describe as "inhumane", the Australian Government has told Kidd he will be sent back to England, the country he left in 1948, when he was just 14 years old.

Kidd's former barrister and friend, Brian Bourke, describes him as "one of the most complete criminals" the country has ever produced.

A safe blower, armed robber, burglar, horse doper and standover man, Kidd was regarded as criminal royalty from the 1960s through to his jailing for a series of home invasions in the early 1990s.

Edited by Jay Sata

"They arrived in Preston nearly three decades ago with “Indefinite Leave to Remain” stamped in their passports." Wow, did they have to renew their visa annually or report their address every 90 days? whistling.gif

You forgot to add I bet they can own land as well :rolleyes:

You too can forego the annual visa thing, apply for PR in Thailand and stop whinging

This now happens both ways.

Just take a look at this guy and tell me why he should not be ejected from Australia....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-02/robert-bertie-kidd-fights-plan-to-deport-him-to-the-uk/6589862

One of Australia's oldest and most notorious criminals, 81-year-old Robert "Bertie" Kidd has vowed to fight a plan to deport him back to his native United Kingdom when he is released from prison next month.

In a move his family describe as "inhumane", the Australian Government has told Kidd he will be sent back to England, the country he left in 1948, when he was just 14 years old.

Kidd's former barrister and friend, Brian Bourke, describes him as "one of the most complete criminals" the country has ever produced.

A safe blower, armed robber, burglar, horse doper and standover man, Kidd was regarded as criminal royalty from the 1960s through to his jailing for a series of home invasions in the early 1990s.

Such a colorful character, I guess we should applaud him for the absolute terror he inflicted on people in home invasions and shooting a policeman. Australia should dump him at the Nauru Detention Centre. The UK can send a jet to pick him up, or maybe not? Why, so he can terrorize some more

families in perhaps Surrey or Hertfordshire?

Edited by arunsakda

Where was his "British" father after the mother died? Was he abandoned. With a British father wouldn't he be a British citizen automatically? I understand those who complain about his criminal history but we are talking about paperwork. He was 6 years old when he came into England. The USA has similar situations with 20 yr. olds are kicked out for what we would say deliquency issues. Enough to follow the intracies of the law. This IMO is bureaucratic BS.

After reading the full story, sounds like the sort of loser that deserves what he gets.

Separate convictions for assault and stealing from a shop.

This is not one small error of judgement.

Totally agree....they are only full of remorse AFTER they've been caught, he didn't give a 'monkies' when he was shoving a couple of grand down his pants....

Where was his "British" father after the mother died? Was he abandoned. With a British father wouldn't he be a British citizen automatically? I understand those who complain about his criminal history but we are talking about paperwork. He was 6 years old when he came into England. The USA has similar situations with 20 yr. olds are kicked out for what we would say deliquency issues. Enough to follow the intracies of the law. This IMO is bureaucratic BS.

His real Dad wasn't British, his Mum married a Brit

Shows that Britain is still ruled by the same bs mentality that transported poor citizens across the world while the wealthy plundered their way through the rest of the world. And what's amazing is seeing people on Thai visa condone it Unbelievable ! His crimes weren't that bloody serious. Brits bash and rob each other every day of the week ! It's part of the culture ! Wake up you Brit butt lickers you are ruled and played like pawns by Etonites and they would toss you to the lions too without a second thought. Stand up for what is right for once !

There you go then, just proves we Brits are still the most powerful nation on earth....hahaha, if it wasnt for the Brits, you wouldn't be on TVF....we invented the internet....and telephone, and football, you 'foreigners' owe us so much, so be grateful....love you all, ( i'm gonna get some flack now)

Shows that Britain is still ruled by the same bs mentality that transported poor citizens across the world while the wealthy plundered their way through the rest of the world. And what's amazing is seeing people on Thai visa condone it Unbelievable ! His crimes weren't that bloody serious. Brits bash and rob each other every day of the week ! It's part of the culture ! Wake up you Brit butt lickers you are ruled and played like pawns by Etonites and they would toss you to the lions too without a second thought. Stand up for what is right for once !

There you go then, just proves we Brits are still the most powerful nation on earth....hahaha, if it wasnt for the Brits, you wouldn't be on TVF....we invented the internet....and telephone, and football, you 'foreigners' owe us so much, so be grateful....love you all, ( i'm gonna get some flack now)

Al Gore invented the internet, I will have you know

This is wrong on so many levels ... and another reason I detest the UK.

His crimes were no different from 1,000's of others that Britons commit on a daily basis, so jail him ... or fine him ... but he hasn't killed anyone, and doesn't deserve to be deported, especially as he is the father OF a British child, that will (now, presumably) lose his father.

So much hatred towards one nation....you are just jealous of our power, and superiority in the world, hahaha...we Brits are special, don't you know that yet?

Al Gore invented the internet, I will have you know
No he didn't, Queen Elizabeth did, don't you know anything? She rules the world....

How will he suffer? He can teach English! coffee1.gif

Exactly, and he won`t need a visa and have to go through all the crap us farangs have to endure to gain employment in Thailand.

I would not describe stealing £2300 from his employer as a stupid crime, but rather a very serious crime indeed and proves this is a character who can`t be trusted.

I see this as Thailand`s loss and England`s gain.

Shows that Britain is still ruled by the same bs mentality that transported poor citizens across the world while the wealthy plundered their way through the rest of the world. And what's amazing is seeing people on Thai visa condone it Unbelievable ! His crimes weren't that bloody serious. Brits bash and rob each other every day of the week <deleted> ! It's part of the culture ! Wake up you Brit butt lickers you are ruled and played like pawns by Etonites and they would toss you to the lions too without a second thought. Stand up for what is right for once !

Seems like you have a very serious case of Anti British Syndrome!

He is Thai so he may be one of the few "farang" educated guys that can work, buy land and teach with no work permit....

He should check his possibilities...

It's rather ignorant to assume that Thais do not need to be qualified in order to teach in Thailand. They need to have a teaching degree, they need to be higher qualified than the farangs.

As an ignorant person, I think ( If you permit me) that with his Thai ID card, basic college and fluency in English language, he would be eventually able to secure a job in the tourist industry He can choose to be a Thai and not a foreigner that necessitate complicated work permit to work and he not need limit himself to teach English to survive. He will do what he has to do to survive here.

Well many Thais survive with lesser abilities and surely he speaks some Thai, he didn't make much effort to become a naturalised British subject and indeed broke the terms of his residency permit by becoming a thief.

How would a person teach English in Thailand if they can not speak Thai?

Hello, do you live on the moon, 99% of the native speaking English language teachers DON"T speak Thai, and for your interest, most of the native Thai English language teacher's can not speak English.

How will he suffer? He can teach English! coffee1.gif

Exactly, and he won`t need a visa and have to go through all the crap us farangs have to endure to gain employment in Thailand.

I would not describe stealing £2300 from his employer as a stupid crime, but rather a very serious crime indeed and proves this is a character who can`t be trusted.

I see this as Thailand`s loss and England`s gain.

Perhaps it is described as stupid as he did not take any steps in order to cover his crime and so stupidly was certain to be caught? In my own, and also the opinion of the courts, a criminal who takes steps to cover his crime, whether before or after the crime, is deemed to be far more serious than one who does not.

That doesn't answer my question. I don't live on the moon but I don't live in Thailand either this my question. I have never heard of a language teacher not being bilingual in the subject language and the students language.

This must come uder nthe category my girlfriend describes as "Thailand only honey"

KMartinHandyman, on 06 Jul 2015 - 08:30, said:snapback.png

Hello, do you live on the moon, 99% of the native speaking English language teachers DON"T speak Thai, and for your interest, most of the native Thai English language teacher's can not speak English.

That doesn't answer my question. I don't live on the moon but I don't live in Thailand either this my question. I have never heard of a language teacher not being bilingual in the subject language and the students language.

This must come uder nthe category my girlfriend describes as "Thailand only honey"

Well you have now.

How did you learn your native language?

Did someone speak to you in 'Baby' to translate?

The optimum situation is where only the target language is spoken in class.

Edited by teatree

How to ask a question then?

I agree and can't understand why some TEFL teachers ask me to teach them Thai because I speak English - different in their classroom. I even know Language teachers who have been here over 5 years, 10 years, 15 years that can't speak Thai properly - what message does that give to their students?

Solution is simple for this guy all he has to do is publicly commit LM, Thais threaten to prosecute, then he claims asylum. Or he could try preaching jihad that normally gets them a stay in UK, pass, or get a cat and claim a right to 'family life' others have done.

This is wrong on so many levels ... and another reason I detest the UK.

His crimes were no different from 1,000's of others that Britons commit on a daily basis, so jail him ... or fine him ... but he hasn't killed anyone, and doesn't deserve to be deported, especially as he is the father OF a British child, that will (now, presumably) lose his father.

So much hatred towards one nation....you are just jealous of our power, and superiority in the world, hahaha...we Brits are special, don't you know that yet?

Thanks, but no jealousy involved at all, I'm a Brit myself. And I'm very special.

Solution is simple for this guy all he has to do is publicly commit LM, Thais threaten to prosecute, then he claims asylum. Or he could try preaching jihad that normally gets them a stay in UK, pass, or get a cat and claim a right to 'family life' others have done.

Yes strange enough people always want asylum in France, Germany, UK....no one want asylum in other countries that pay less or even want them to work.

I am almost 27 years in Thailand and if I would have been court stealing in a shop or assaulting someone I would be kicked out as well in Thailand.

And right so.....

I cant believe no-one has said "about time..treat them like the thais treat farang..get some of your own back..som num nah" etc etc

it is nasty but at least he had the chance to get citizenship without to many hassles.

They would send you home here without much hesitation either, or probably put you in the slammer for stealing that much.

even if you were married here 27 years and your wife dies you are showed the door quick smart!