Non-o 400k Deposit From Savings In Thailand

I came last year with a non-O 90 days (Thai spouse) and found a job so I got it extended on a yearly basis. If one day I loose my job and want to apply for an extension of my non-O by showing the 400K in the bank, can this money come from the savings I made while working here? I have read somewhere that you need to show that this money came from abroad. On the other hand, the savings I made are in excess of these 400K and I paid taxes on the corresponding salary. The goal is not to have a break in the consecutive years that I am staying here (PR application).

Thanks in advance.

I came last year with a non-O 90 days (Thai spouse) and found a job so I got it extended on a yearly basis. If one day I loose my job and want to apply for an extension of my non-O by showing the 400K in the bank, can this money come from the savings I made while working here? I have read somewhere that you need to show that this money came from abroad. On the other hand, the savings I made are in excess of these 400K and I paid taxes on the corresponding salary. The goal is not to have a break in the consecutive years that I am staying here (PR application).

Thanks in advance.

You can convert an Non "O" to "B" from marriage to work but can you convert a "B" back to "O".

I don't know.

I didn't convert my "O" to a "B". My "O" was extended based on my employment status and my marriage certificate. The requirement to get it extended is to show either 400K in the bank, or 40K per month income and a work permit. The question is then when the job is gone but there are 400K in the bank coming form the job: is the "O" extended or not?

I didn't convert my "O" to a "B". My "O" was extended based on my employment status and my marriage certificate. The requirement to get it extended is to show either 400K in the bank, or 40K per month income and a work permit. The question is then when the job is gone but there are 400K in the bank coming form the job: is the "O" extended or not?

Sorry BB.

I was under the impression that these visas were converted to just extended. You learn something new everyday.

I was concerned that appart from being here for 3 years the visa had to remain the same one also. Obviously not a worry.

Cheers

When you got a job and got extended, did you convert to 'b' ? Did you get your work permit ?

I got the work permit and then I got the extension of my "O" visa. It was never converted into a "B". It's also ok to apply for a WP with a "O" visa: normally if you are under 50 and you want to suppport your spouse, you are supposed to work. If you stay long-term on your "O" with 400K in the bank, the question will come after one or two years on where your income is coming from and why you don't work.

Cheers.

When you got a job and got extended, did you convert to 'b' ? Did you get your work permit ?

I got the work permit and then I got the extension of my "O" visa. It was never converted into a "B". It's also ok to apply for a WP with a "O" visa: normally if you are under 50 and you want to suppport your spouse, you are supposed to work. If you stay long-term on your "O" with 400K in the bank, the question will come after one or two years on where your income is coming from and why you don't work.

Cheers.

I've experienced this. Crazy isn't it how almost all professions are banned for foreigners and yet immigration ask why you don't work :o