Vocational students back government

Lite Beer

Vocational students back government

BANGKOK: -- A group of vocational students today gathered in front of Government House to give morale support to the prime minister, his government and the military junta.

Holding placards and posters to pledge full support for the ongoing national reform before holding general election, the vocational students calling their group “Vocational Students for Nation” also brought with them flowers to give to the prime minister and his cabinet ministers.

The group earlier invited other student and people supporters on the in Facebook page to gather at Government House tom hold supporting activities.

The group said it was against the movement of dissident student group campaigning against military rule.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/vocational-students-back-government

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-13

Bless - that makes about 15 people - plus DjJamie - who are still wandering around with their heads in buckets of sand.

That makes them one more than the 14 uni students, and a majority. Democratic ideals are fine when they suit, right?

BTW are they part of the anti-democratic "elite" I hear so much about?

Edited by halloween

Bless - that makes about 15 people - plus DjJamie - who are still wandering around with their heads in buckets of sand.

Always the negative outlook.

Why should you even care as it is a Thai problem so no matter what you think or say it will have no effect on Thai society?

If anybody is for the current government, Thai or non Thai you are against them.

You should change your name to Snide27. It would suit you better.

One thing that hasn't been put into the modelling plan are these reforms going to work , unfortunately one big reform that needs addressing is the influence of the military in all matters Thailand , the military has far too much power for Thailand to ever becoming anything like a Democracy and until this is addressed the Vocational students at the end of the day could be whistling Dixie, what's the bet 2021 is the next coup year.. coffee1.gif

Where are the junta huggers with their " they should be in class studying and not protesting" holier than thou crowd?

Hypocrites indeed, no need to name, they know who they are.

Not a single copper or soldier enforcing the law because they're from the right kind of people eh?

There was a golden opportunity to show the Junta was impartial ( 5555) and have these protestors arrested for breaking the same law as the wrong kind of group.

Farcical and obvious that even Steve Wonder can see what's going on.

Reconciliation? 55555

The plus point is that now the Junta have turned a blind eye to this group, it's given the other the green light to do the same and not be arrested again right ? ;)

Edited by Fat Haggis

According to the BP, there were about 30 'students'. Certainly not dressed in school uniform, as their pic showed. Looked more like a rabble of the yellow/red guards when they were doing their thing.

Still, they're supporting the guys with the biggest guns so they get to do their demonstrating without suffering state sponsored violence followed by 'legal' action.

Where are the junta huggers with their " they should be in class studying and not protesting" holier than thou crowd?

Not a single copper or soldier enforcing the law because they're from the right kind of people eh?

There was a golden opportunity to show the Junta was impartial ( 5555) and have these protestors arrested for breaking the same law as the wrong kind of group.

Reconciliation? 55555

The plus point is that now the Junta have turned a blind eye to this group, it's given the other the green light to do the same and not be arrested again right ? wink.png

Neither side should protest don't like things to escalate again. But fair is fair what side started it the protests ?

Your right though that these guys should have been told to disperse too.

@billd766. The same could be asked of you. To quote you: "Why should you even care as it is a Thai problem" etc but that doesn't stop you from givomg your opinions.

You are absolutely correct. It makes no difference to Thailand whether I care or not.

But @idiablo, exactly the same could be said of you as well.

I read these forums and I wonder why everybody fills reams of electronic paper giving their thoughts and ideas of what THEY think Thailand should do and what THEY would do if only the were in charge. But whatever we think and write it IS a Thai problem and only THEY can sort it out.

Whatever the outcome you can be sure that nothing said on TVF will have made a blind bit of difference and that there will STILL be a split between the pro's and anti's on TVF and it STILL won't make any difference to Thailand.

Okay...since this is a political course and it is a gathering of more than 5 people and the law is the law...why are they not all in jail?

Djjamie? Costas? Anyone?

When the khon kaen students were arrested you guys all screamed about unfair, inappropriate, they are just students, etc., and demanded they be released.

Now you want a group of students to be arrested.

Just which way to you want it?

Edited by scorecard

Reconciliation? 55555

The plus point is that now the Junta have turned a blind eye to this group, it's given the other the green light to do the same and not be arrested again right ? wink.png

Neither side should protest don't like things to escalate again. But fair is fair what side started it the protests ?

a) who started it? How old are you? 10?

b ) but to answer your question: the vocational students started IT! Thsi was pro- junta...the other one against...so each started their own!

c) "these guys should have been told to disperse too. "

The other guys were not told to disperse, they were thrown in jail! If fair was fair and the law was the law...and so on and so forth!

Okay...since this is a political course and it is a gathering of more than 5 people and the law is the law...why are they not all in jail?

Djjamie? Costas? Anyone?

When the khon kaen students were arrested you guys all screamed about unfair, inappropriate, they are just students, etc., and demanded they be released.

I'd say most posters would want the Junta to stop being selective and enforce the law without any impartiality.

The question is do you view this group any differently than the other group?

Reconciliation? 55555

a) who started it? How old are you? 10?

b ) but to answer your question: the vocational students started IT! Thsi was pro- junta...the other one against...so each started their own!

c) "these guys should have been told to disperse too. "

The other guys were not told to disperse, they were thrown in jail! If fair was fair and the law was the law...and so on and so forth!

Fact is the other side has started it getting in the news all the time causing trouble. Now you get these guys to respond and that would not have happened if those other students had kept quiet and let things be.

These students that went to jail have had many chances to disperse and that is what they have done with red shirts too told them to disperse only the most tenacious and troublesome went to jail. Just read the news on how many times they red protesters were only told to go home and not ended up in jail.

Both sides should calm down as I can't say I liked it that grenades were thrown at the protesters who wanted YL to step down. Violence can easily escalate again and that is the last thing we need.

To be fair Rob, they were not causing trouble, they were causing headlines, they were not being aggressive and were not intimidating anyone either.

But many posters were harping on about the junta only enforcing the law when it was the red lot, the same law broken by the pro junta lot, no police cameras there to identify them? No threats of "attitude adjustment"

If anything the Junta and police should have been on this lot immediately as its now starting a tit for tat, it's not going to end well, my gut instinct is that there's trouble ahead, big trouble, I hope I'm wrong. But history IS a starting to repeat itself, Thailand can't break this cycle as long as the army remain so powerful mate.

the last thing needed here now are people stirring the pot and starting up all the sh*t again, doesnt matter which side they are on either. Thailand doesnt need the idiots that want violence, if either side starts it lets hope that they will be jumped on very quickly and not simply smacked on the wrist and told to go home, serious jail time and fines to suit.

To be fair Rob, they were not causing trouble, they were causing headlines, they were not being aggressive and were not intimidating anyone either.

But many posters were harping on about the junta only enforcing the law when it was the red lot, the same law broken by the pro junta lot, no police cameras there to identify them? No threats of "attitude adjustment"

If anything the Junta and police should have been on this lot immediately as its now starting a tit for tat, it's not going to end well, my gut instinct is that there's trouble ahead, big trouble, I hope I'm wrong. But history IS a starting to repeat itself, Thailand can't break this cycle as long as the army remain so powerful mate.

They were stirring anti government sentiments that could send the country back to the problems we had before. Now you get vocational students protesting as a response to that. This is just their response to to students causing the headlines.

I don't want to go back to the bombings and shootings, the junta should have told these guys to go too and give them the same chance many reds have gotten (if you recall the news many were just asked to leave and not arrested)

Thing is its better if neither side protests because you get an arms race then. Just like last time.

I hope your gut feeling is wrong but i like a powerful army because there is nothing else to keep the reds in check. They are more violent as the other side. Seen it during the occupation and burning of bkk and later how they shot up the protesters. Not to mention the trad massacre. (driving 2 cars into a crowd lopping grenades and spraying the crowd with bullets) cant say that I have heard of anything even resembling that kind of violence on the other side.

Djjamie? Costas? Anyone?

Do your homework.Vocational students have traditionally been a fascist grouping.If you had the slightest knowledge of their behaviour in the 1970's you would know that.Then and perhaps now they were financed and organised by anti democracy forces.

Rob youtube Thammasat massacre 1976 and Black May 1992 to see the boys in green slaughtering people. The Thai army have probably killed more of their own citizens than enemy combatants in the last century.

I would have a smidge more respect for this junta if they changed the law to 'a gathering of no more than 5 people if the protest is directly challenging US, any other protest is fine'. I wouldn't like it of course but at least they'd be honest about how selective they are.

Rob youtube Thammasat massacre 1976 and Black May 1992 to see the boys in green slaughtering people. The Thai army have probably killed more of their own citizens than enemy combatants in the last century.

I would have a smidge more respect for this junta if they changed the law to 'a gathering of no more than 5 people if the protest is directly challenging US, any other protest is fine'. I wouldn't like it of course but at least they'd be honest about how selective they are.

Yes go back a while and you will see the army killing people, that was a bad time indeed. But this did not happen without provocation in recent history (i call the burning of BKK a big provocation and certainly don't hold the army alone responsible). So in recent history they were not the aggressor.

There have been plenty of protests against the junta that did not end in arrest but dispersal so its quite normal for a group that acted after being taunted by the student who have opposite views were not directly arrested.

But this is the whole reason why protests are not allowed so people have a time to cool down. Without those other students who protested against the junta, these students would probably never have gone out on the streets with their protests.

That is why there should be no protests it will bring the country back to where we were before with red-shirts killing off those who oppose them (please proof of anti government protesters attacking red shirt protests if you think it was not as one sided as i suggest)

Just a thought but I haven't seen any comments from a govt source about this, can any member supply an update ?

It would be interesting to see how this is explained away providing the govt considers they need to.

Of COURSE vocational students will back the government that condones the owners of these colleges allowing students to pass everything without even sitting exams, have one academic day for 3 sports or activity days, and generally just goof off.

Reconciliation? 55555

Your right though that these guys should have been told to disperse too

I disagree. Only 'political' gathering of more than five are banned. Large groups attend temple services, sports events, etc. with no problems. Since the Junta are non-political, support for them is non-political.

As far as Fat Haggis' comments, if the Junta allows Democrat Party supporters to rally, that would prove his case. As things stand now, he is grasping at straws... as usual.