the gentleman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh... right.

But are you really sure you're not talking about, erm, ... never mind  :o  :D

I am, I am, LovelyCutie.

Do you remember the story about Thaksin's son and how he got his degree in a well known university,... ?Am I disgressing now? Jeez, points falling fast,... :D:D

The boy is a genius and a very talented kid. I went to the same university as him once. Until.. erm, he changed his mind and went to another one. :o

And credits improved dramatically,...The last university understood his very unconventional genius far better,... :D:D

It would seem that we have a gossly disproportionate number of geniuses in this forum. Since an IQ of over 130 is considered genius and represents less that 2 percent of the world population, our forum is something that should be reported in Ripley's Believe It Or Not, I vote for the Not.

I cannot say the test is flawed, as my result corresponded closely with the Stanford Binet and Wechsler Bellview IQ tests that have been administered to me.

Don't like to spoil the fun but this is a very good point.

Is the test flawed? Well the only correlation coefficient quoted was for one reliability (internal consistency), yet the test claims to be valid without providing any statistical evidence - a factor analysis which yielded 4 factors is not sufficient either. The WAIS and Stanford Binet (traditional intelligence tests) are kept under lock and key (so to speak) and administered by qualified professionals - a correlation with one of these would reveal the extent to which this test measures intelligence.

If nothing else this test is worth the laugh :o

Congratulations, Richard!

Your IQ score is 140

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Classic IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We analyzed how you did on each of those questions which reveals how your brain uniquely works.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test. According to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.

First time I took it, honest. I did guess a couple of questions though (could be +/-).

Done Mensa a few times before when I w3as younger (and its easier to get a good score) and got 156 best and 141 worst, so look fairly accurate.

I got 135 in this test. About 30 years ago (before I started college), I did an IQ test and got ... 135.

So this seems to indicate that 7 years of hard slog (and the cost!), at top colleges and universities has done bugger-all to improve my IQ :o

I got 135 in this test. About 30 years ago (before I started college), I did an IQ test and got ... 135.

So this seems to indicate that 7 years of hard slog (and the cost!), at top colleges and universities has done bugger-all to improve my IQ :D

Simon,

Going to UNI doesn't improve your intelligence. Intelligence is what you are born with.

In fact with the number of bars at UNSW I'm sure that my intelligence dropped while I was going there. :o

So lets see where we all went wrong or right., and why...

Here's the first 5. Feel free to disagree with my answers.

1. Which one of the five choices makes the best comparison? LIVED is to DEVIL as 6323 is to:

2. Which one of these five is least like the other four?

Horse

Kangaroo

Cow

Deer

Donkey

Kangaroo

3. Which number should come next? 144 121 100 81 64 ?

4. Even the most ___________ rose has thorns.

Ugly

Weathered

Elusive

Noxious

Tempting

Tempting

5. HAND is to Glove as HEAD is to

Hair

Hat

Neck

Earring

Hairpin

Hat

Someone care to take the next 5?

Genius is closer to 150 I belief :o

Actually IQ can be beautifully represented on a normal bell shaped curve with 100 being the mean and 15 the standard deviation. Below 85 we're heading into retardation, whereas 130 and above we enter "very superior/gifted" (archaic defintion is genius).

Genius is closer to 150 I belief :D

Actually IQ can be beautifully represented on a normal bell shaped curve with 100 being the mean and 15 the standard deviation. Below 85 we're heading into retardation, whereas 130 and above we enter "very superior/gifted" (archaic defintion is genius).

Jeez, we're all geniuses.

Fortunately, we shift our brains in to slow gear when we post in this forum.

So, nobody can find out how smart we are,... :o

4.  Even the most ___________ rose has thorns.

Ugly

Weathered

Elusive

Noxious

Tempting

Answer = "tempting"

Why?

First rule: if you want to pick up roses, pick them up during the day. Easier to avoid the thorns,...

Ugly

Weathered

Elusive

Noxious

Tempting

Answer = "tempting"

Why?

:D:D:D

LOL

:o

Nice Post

:D

Ugly

Weathered

Elusive

Noxious

Tempting

Answer = "tempting"

Why?

First rule: if you want to pick up roses, pick them up during the day. Easier to avoid the thorns,...

Interesting answer, although perhaps a little lacking in substance.

Hopefully better will follow.

Ugly

Weathered

Elusive

Noxious

Tempting

Answer = "tempting"

Why?

Just as every cloud has a silver lining, so does the most beautiful rose have thorns.

I found it easy therefore to eliminate Ugly, Weathered and Noxious.

That leaves Elusive or Tempting. I thought Tempting was a better fit.

Agree or disagree?

Oh, that's a thorny question. Tempting as it may be, what rose by any other name, would prick us with such a noxious dilemma? An elusive answer to an ugly question, but I am willing to weather the scorn of my peers. I would have to say you were right.

Jeepz [a measly 131 score :o ]

Righto, lets try the next 5 then.

Q6.GIF

The fourth one

7. John likes 400 but not 300; he likes 100 but not 99; he likes 3600 but not 3700. Which does he like?

8. A fallacious argument is:

Disturbing

Valid

False

Necessary

False

9. If you rearrange the letters "ANLDEGN," you would have the name of a(n):

Ocean

Country

State

City

Animal

Country (ENGLAND)

10. NASA received three messages in a strange language from a distant planet. The scientists studied the messages and found that "Necor Buldon Slock" means "Danger Rocket Explosion" and "Edwan Mynor Necor" means "Danger Spaceship Fire" and "Buldon Gimilzor Gondor" means "Bad Gas Explosion". What does "Slock" mean?

Danger

Explosion

Nothing

Rocket

Gas

Rocket