Need to know about dental process

vanassa

A Thai friend of mine took several employees in for some dental work to a "discount" dental office. Half of them ended up with infection. My daughter had some work done at a LARGE hospital in Patong, because the "doctor" was a highly recommended children's dentist. She ended up with an infection. Since then my friend and my family have been using PIH with zero problems. First class facilities, but with a first class price.

Edit: I should add that the work done in Patong not only ended up infected, but the procedure was nothing short of a chamber of horrors for a 5 year old.

Edited by Shot

Dear Vannassa:

I like to introduce Sea Smile Dental Clinic, the first and the only USA JCI approved dental clinic in Phuket. We offer full range of dental implant services by highly trained team of Oral & Maillofacial surgeons as well as prosthodontists. Dental implant is a very routine process and chances of post operative infection is very minimal. Just like every surgical procedure, there are risks involved which will be discussed with you at your appointment. Our dental center also is equipped with a 3 D CT scan cone beam where we can virtually place your dental implant prior to your surgery which allows our dental surgeon to anticipate and evaluate any potential issues before the operation. Please contact us in Patong and we will be happy to introduce to our doctors so you can discusss your case.

A Thai friend of mine took several employees in for some dental work to a "discount" dental office. Half of them ended up with infection. My daughter had some work done at a LARGE hospital in Patong, because the "doctor" was a highly recommended children's dentist. She ended up with an infection. Since then my friend and my family have been using PIH with zero problems. First class facilities, but with a first class price.

Edit: I should add that the work done in Patong not only ended up infected, but the procedure was nothing short of a chamber of horrors for a 5 year old.

The only big hospital in Patong is the government hospital.

They can't even stitch a wound if necessary as they are highly understaffed and underfunded.

Going there for dental work is asking for problems.

I always go to Bangkok International Phuket which is IMOP very good but not cheap.

Make no mistake, the initial operation to put the post in, is surgery. Although i posted in another dental thread a local dentist, for surgery IMO, you go to a hospital.

Dr. Narumol at the dental center at Bangkok Phuket Hospital Phuket town is the best. Had music going, was singing, her chairside manner puts you so at ease it's unbelievable. Once done with the post and recovery (3 months) you get passed onto another doctor for the tooth part. He's also very good, forgetting his name.

Not cheap. 60,000thb. But I'm totally 100% stoked on my tooth, feels like a real one! Can't tell any difference.

The difference between the very best dentist and a whole host of very good dentists is probably indistinguishable to just about anyone, other than a dental inspector, if such a person exists. The point being that there are loads and loads of very good dentists in Thailand, as a country they excel at the profession, hence, there's not too much point in trying to count angels on the head of a pin. I use a dentist in Chiang Mai who is excellent and has my full and complete trust in all aspects of dentistry, it didn't take much hard work to find her, just ask around and see what the majority of patients have to say.

I had a very severe infection following an extraction in the UK. When I challenged the dentist he virtually admitted that there is a difference of opinion in the dental world over the use of antibiotics. Apparently many believe it is better to let nature decide and treat any infection that may develop. Something to ask the dentist.