Swede, 2 Australians thrown off Vietnam Airlines flight for bomb joke

webfact

Swede, 2 Australians thrown off Vietnam Airlines flight for making, reporting bomb joke

NOI BAI: -- A Vietnam Airlines pilot Monday refused to carry a Swede who had apparently joked about a bomb in his luggage, Thanh Nien News reported.

The Australians, Prowse William James and Hansen Genevieve Mae, said they had overheard Lexander John Lennart, the Swede, saying something about having a bomb in his luggage while sitting near them at a café in Noi Bai International Airport.

They reported this an hour before they were scheduled to fly to Luang Prabang in Laos at noon.

Security officials then summoned all three of them for questioning and checked their luggage. They were allowed to go after the checks turned up nothing.

But the pilot of their flight refused to carry them and the airline had to put the Australians on another flight six hours later and the Swede on one the next morning.

Vietnamese carriers have slapped fines and bans on local and foreign passengers earlier for making hoax bomb threats.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/swede-2-australians-thrown-off-vietnam-airlines-flight-for-making-reporting-bomb-joke

thaipbs]2015-07-16[/thaipbs]

^^^ That's what I wondered. The Aussies were thrown off the plane for reporting it?

Maybe something missing...Maybe the Swede told it is not true or the Aussies made a big show so the pilot said to keep the complete bunch of idi0ts at the airport.

I imagine something like a bis Swede made an obvious joke after the 5th beer (which at least proofs he is no islamic fanatic) and the Americanized paranoid Aussis made a big show out of it.

Odd about the Aussies being kicked off....but the Swede is an idiot. Not funny. Everyone should know by now that bomb jokes are not jokes at an airport, even if it is Viet Nam.

But the reason is more that we all get paranoid than real danger.

If a terrorist let a bomb explode on a full railway station or just a plant a bomb on the railway he can get the same amount of people much easier.

Or check in a famous big hotel with 40 liter of diesel in you luggage....no problem at all.

So either the terrorists are complete idi0ts (very possible) or we are all just paranoid chicken (also possible)

^^^ That's what I wondered. The Aussies were thrown off the plane for reporting it?

Maybe something missing...Maybe the Swede told it is not true or the Aussies made a big show so the pilot said to keep the complete bunch of idi0ts at the airport.

I imagine something like a bis Swede made an obvious joke after the 5th beer (which at least proofs he is no islamic fanatic) and the Americanized paranoid Aussis made a big show out of it.

Now now, don't be nasty. we still have 4 cricket tests to restore some pride. (I hope)

NASTY MAN! How can you make such floundering statements like "amerciacnised? NASTY NASTY MAN!

Odd about the Aussies being kicked off....but the Swede is an idiot. Not funny. Everyone should know by now that bomb jokes are not jokes at an airport, even if it is Viet Nam.

What do you mean "even if it is Viet Nam"?

Do you expect the Vietnamese to take an especially lackadaisical attitude towards hoaxes like these? Or do you think they are so incompetent as not to be aware of, or not care, what is going on in their airports?

What do you mean "even if it is Viet Nam"?

Do you expect the Vietnamese to take an especially lackadaisical attitude towards hoaxes like these? Or do you think they are so incompetent as not to be aware of, or not care, what is going on in their airports?

Agree ... but in Thailand it would not have been a problem talking about bombs - I mean if you are "someone" like Camron(half)wit or some other disgusting police officer ... Carry a gun or bomb on board ... No problemo

Apparently, if you hear that someone has a bomb, it's not a good idea to say anything about it?

Number one, noted in the Swedes passport under (sightings ) BOMB HOAX

Number two, it would be nice to know why the Aussies got the rough end of the pineapple, it is possible there is more to relate here.

A Swede with a name?

Now that's ridiculous!

(Think about it ... )

A (capitalised) Swede with a name is normal, a swede with a name would be ridiculous unless you have a close affinity with root vegetables. You didn't think about it long enough.

The only thing missing is your brain.

NASTY MAN! How can you make such floundering statements like "amerciacnised? NASTY NASTY MAN!

Ameriphobes never rest.