Another ( my 4th) trouble free Non O multiple entry from Savannakhet.

I have the same visa really nice one for sure. Question How many months did you get out of yours? Mine is up in September but I have one more cossover by the 23 of August. This puts me into November and I was wondering if you can get the 2 month extension because I really don't to go north twice for Loi. With the extension it should come in around 16 months but personally I was not bothered going to Laos if I cant get that much time out of it.

Can you confirm you only had those documents with you, you did not need to show 400,000 baht in the bank in Thailand to get 1 year multiple entry visa? Assume this is the type where you have to leave the country every 90 days. Did you wife have to go with you?

thank you for the advice and explanations,

I went in May at the Thai consulate in Vientiane to get a visa no o Multi based on marriage , this visa was denied, they deliver only unique entries, and and must go to immigration office for extensions

I 'll return for holidays in my home country and will do again the visain local consulate

But next year, I'll go to Savanakhet, it is also about 350 km (instead of 90 for Vientiane) but it will certainly be easier and with more friendly employees

Thanks OP - Could you please refresh my memory as to what the Marriage Registration Document is please - I dont recall being asked to produce that:

Last year - I showed:

Original and copy marriage cert

Wife's ID signed copy

Wife's house registration copy

Passport + Copy of photo page

Thanks

Can you confirm you only had those documents with you, you did not need to show 400,000 baht in the bank in Thailand to get 1 year multiple entry visa? Assume this is the type where you have to leave the country every 90 days. Did you wife have to go with you?

Yes I can 100% confirm that, no need to show any proof of funds (doing the previous 3 visas there it was also never asked)

Yes, this is the type where you have to leave the country every 90 days.

No. went alone.

Thanks OP - Could you please refresh my memory as to what the Marriage Registration Document is please - I dont recall being asked to produce that:

Last year - I showed:

Original and copy marriage cert

Wife's ID signed copy

Wife's house registration copy

Passport + Copy of photo page

Thanks

I'm not sure it's required.

The marriage registration document are 3 white pages given by the Amphur ( besides the colourful certificate with the hearts and roses)

I copied it and they kept it so thought I mentioned it, better be safe than sorry.

Thanks mate - I think I have it - does it have 2 separate columns on the first page (going down) with husband info in one column and wife in another?

Yes, that's the one.

Again, not sure it's required, but since they kept it I mentioned it ( If I remember well at the previous 3 visas gotten from Savannakhet I handed it over as well)

Thanks mate - I think I have it - does it have 2 separate columns on the first page (going down) with husband info in one column and wife in another?

Yes, that's the one.

Again, not sure it's required, but since they kept it I mentioned it ( If I remember well at the previous 3 visas gotten from Savannakhet I handed it over as well)

The Kor Ror 2 marriage registry is not required.

• Like 1

So what is the

* copy of wedding registration if not Kor Ror 2 ???

just noticed a mistake in my previous post its Kor Ror 2 ค.ร.2 that you can get a copy of Kor Ror 3 ค.ร.3 the pretty one they won't give you a copy of that keep it safe somewhere.

The Kor Ror 3 is your fancy marriage certificate that you do not ever want to loose because you cannot get another one. We got one for each of us when we got married. One stays put away for safe keeping.

The Kor Ror 2 is the marriage registry. You can get an updated copy of it an Amphoe for a fee of 20 baht.

Quick question: If I had a Non Imm. O, and then decided to take a job offer in Bangkok, would I have to change my visa type?

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage.

All that is required is non immigrant visa entry to get a work permit.

This is pretty sweet regarding the visa without the 400k proof. Does anyone know if the same place does O-A retirement visas with the same non-bank requirement?

Thank you,

Michael

A OA visa can only be applied for in at an embassy or consulate in your home country or country try of legal residence.

You cannot even get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 for over at any nearby embassy or consulate without financial proof.

Quick question: If I had a Non Imm. O, and then decided to take a job offer in Bangkok, would I have to change my visa type?

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage.

All that is required is non immigrant visa entry to get a work permit.

Thanks Ubon Joe.

I wonder if you can help shed some light on this for me.

I'm currently on a tourist visa and now want to have a proper visa for multiple reasons - and multiple entry.

So - my plan is to go to Savvnakhet to get the Non Im. O based on marriage.

It is my undertanding that this is valid for 1 year?

But do I need to do any more border runs or in and out of the country every 90 days, or do I just need to report online from within BKK, every 90 days?

It seems pointelss ( and I know - this is Thailand) that they would issue you a year visa, but then require you to leave the country every 90 days = or even report, but I just want to be clear as to what that 1 year Non Im. O actually offers me.

Huge thanks for any help and advice.

D.E

One year multiple entry visa based on marriage only provides for 90 day entries.

Therefore leaving every 90 days is a requirement although a 60 day extension is available from immigration at a cost of 1900 Bht for visiting your wife.

Good post, but I have to say the minibus at the bridge which takes you to the Thai Consulate is one big rip off

at 100 Bt per head for a ten minute journey.

It'd be a helluva long walk if it's ten min in the van! biggrin.png

Aircon van Vs long hot walk.....

Van wins every time!

• Like 1

Good post, but I have to say the minibus at the bridge which takes you to the Thai Consulate is one big rip off

Van wins every time!

A long walk???????????? Unless I take my motorbike over the border, I will be walking it next time, not as much as an hour.

Van wins every time!

A long walk???????????? Unless I take my motorbike over the border, I will be walking it next time, not as much as an hour.

I like your enthusiasm!

I'm not as keen as you, nor as fit I doubt!

• Like 1

If anyone has successfully taken a motorbike across that bridge, I would love to hear about it.

I've never seen any motorbikes at all go across that bridge. Same with the bridge near Nakhon Phanom.