Pheu Thai Watana vents anger at junta for overseas travel ban

Lite Beer

Tsk tsk... Searching 101.

Look up posts, not threads, of the 3 different transliterations of his first and last names in the archived and non-archived sections.

It takes a little bit of time, but at least people won't look silly with their lack of knowledge covering the last 15 years of this scum's career.

Posts? People can post any BS they want. You, by posting claims without any evidence, are demonstrating that.

Do you have any credible sources indicating there are charges against him? If so, provide links. If not, you have nothing.

Well Duh...Posts quoting news sources such as those by moderator jai dee (for example) amongst others.

As said, you can continue to demonstrate your minimal knowledge or seek these posts out on your own as suggested. By insisting that others spoon feed you just reflects the infantile nature of those that have not done the rudimentary fact gathering on their own and then make unknowledgable posts regarding Thai politics.

But don't worry, in that regard you have lots of company as many of the posts on this thread indicate.

heybruce hardly needs spoon feeding, from what I've seen, he produces far more information here than your average poster...

but hey, humour him and post a couple links, why not?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“Mind you, this is a dictatorial government without the opposition ...."

Watana Muangsook.

Well then, there it is. He said it.

Well said indeed.

This is one of the senior scaly guys in the previous pt / red dictator government:

- Who were openly hell bent on establishing a dictator regime (mind you, all the time yelling and screaming that they were protecting democracy).

- At the same time making gains towards a situation whereby an opposition / any opposition was totally denied their right to equal time in parliamentary debates. (Never mind the well established protocols of a working democracy.)

- Which was gaining ground to establishing a situation whereby elections could not remove them

- And if the opposition then refused to participate (in a scam election) they were criticized for being immoral.

Now this guy seems to think he has a right to ignore / to sit above all laws and processes which are there to establish a civil society.

Such nice people - just exactly what Thailand doesn't need.

"Ex-minister Watana faces bribe charges

space.gif

Watana Muangsook, the former minister of social development and human security, and four groups of 10 suspects will face graft indictments relating to Bt82 million in bribes from the Ua Arthorn housing project.

In a bribery scandal reminiscent of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra's asset concealment case, Watana handled his illicit funds via an uncanny list of accomplices including a maid, a typist and a driver."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/03/20/headlines/headlines_30029744.php

A maid, a typist and a driver ? Sounds like your typical Shin-stained low-life that some posters (for one reason or another ???) like to spend all their spare time defending.

Published in 2007. Any updates? Did this lead to anything? Google provided nothing on this.

"Two convicted and three acquitted in firetruck scandal"

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-convicted-and-three-acquitted-in-firetruck-scandal

Lovely fellow. biggrin.png

He was one of the acquitted.

Tsk tsk... Searching 101.

Look up posts, not threads, of the 3 different transliterations of his first and last names in the archived and non-archived sections.

It takes a little bit of time, but at least people won't look silly with their lack of knowledge covering the last 15 years of this scum's career.

Posts? People can post any BS they want. You, by posting claims without any evidence, are demonstrating that.

Do you have any credible sources indicating there are charges against him? If so, provide links. If not, you have nothing.

Well Duh...Posts quoting news sources such as those by moderator jai dee (for example) amongst others.

As said, you can continue to demonstrate your minimal knowledge or seek these posts out on your own as suggested. By insisting that others spoon feed you just reflects the infantile nature of those that have not done the rudimentary fact gathering on their own and then make unknowledgable posts regarding Thai politics.

But don't worry, in that regard you have lots of company as many of the posts on this thread indicate.

Did you go to school? Did you write papers which required you to reference your sources? Did you reference with the statement "Find them yourself!"?

It is the responsibility of people making claims that are not general knowledge to provide evidence for their claims. If you don't do that, nobody of any intelligence will believe you. Your stubborn refusal to provide sources reinforces your lack of credibility.

No charge for the schooling.

The universal declaration of Human rights

Article 13.

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.

(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Not if there is doubt about his past actions in government. did you forget this, your speaking about a normal clean citizen.

Article 13.

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.

(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.

Not if there is doubt about his past actions in government. did you forget this, your speaking about a normal clean citizen.

Same in Australia. Nothing different there either.

Of course with the terrorist laws; the Aussie govt as can most western govt's remove a passport based on illegal activity or potential illegal activity or simply on suspicion of a suspect not returning to the county to face potential legal charges.

This action by the current govt is a normal reaction yet is fuelled by fanatics in Thailand to make something out of it that is simply not there.

Political white noise drawn from a frustration that the Junta are doing a good job.

Edited by djjamie

Article 13.

Of course with the terrorist laws; the Aussie govt as can most western govt's remove a passport based on illegal activity or potential illegal activity or simply on suspicion of a suspect not returning to the county to face potential legal charges.

This action by the current govt is a normal reaction yet is fuelled by fanatics in Thailand to make something out of it that is simply not there.

Political white noise drawn from a frustration that the Junta are doing a good job.

Lots of people give reasons why they think he should not be allowed to travel, but nobody has found a reason why the junta won't let him travel. Many countries will ban overseas travel when there is a reason, but only the oppressive ones won't explain what the reason is.

Article 13.

Lots of people give reasons why they think he should not be allowed to travel, but nobody has found a reason why the junta won't let him travel. Many countries will ban overseas travel when there is a reason, but only the oppressive ones won't explain what the reason is.

Reason?

illegal activity or potential illegal activity or simply on suspicion of a suspect not returning to the county to face potential legal charges.

I did state that in my comment.

EDIT - To reiterate - suspicion of a suspect not returning to the county to face potential legal charges.

Edited by djjamie

Reason?

illegal activity or potential illegal activity or simply on suspicion of a suspect not returning to the county to face potential legal charges.

EDIT - To reiterate - suspicion of a suspect not returning to the county to face potential legal charges.

Are you an official junta spokesman? If not, then you are stating your opinion on why his travel should be restricted; you are not stating the reason the government banned overseas travel by Watana Muangsook.

As I posted before, only oppressive governments ban international travel without the government stating it's reason for the ban. The reason why you think his travel should be restricted is not relevant.

Edited by heybruce

Reason?

Are you an official junta spokesman? If not, then you are stating your opinion on why his travel should be restricted; you are not stating the reason the government banned overseas travel by Watana Muangsook.

As I posted before, only oppressive governments ban international travel without the government stating it's reason for the ban. The reason why you think his travel should be restricted is not relevant.

No opinion.

Based on facts...Facts being the PTP's greatest enemy.

The reason they banned Watana travelling is because;

of illegal activity or potential illegal activity or simply on suspicion of a suspect not returning to the county to face potential legal charges.

Similar to Australia..Another oppressive govt apparently!!! haha

​Nothing more and nothing less.

Have a great evening my friend.

EDIT - Australia never gave reasons to ban passports to. Don;t ask for links..I am sure you can find many yourself..Unless the agenda does't suit you!

Edited by djjamie

Reason?

No opinion.

Based on facts...Facts being the PTP's greatest enemy.

The reason they banned Watana travelling is because;

of illegal activity or potential illegal activity or simply on suspicion of a suspect not returning to the county to face potential legal charges.

Similar to Australia..Another oppressive govt apparently!!! haha

​Nothing more and nothing less.

Have a great evening my friend.

Facts pulled from where? Once again you state your claims are facts because you say so. Once again I remind you that you have no credibility because you refuse to give a source for your facts.

I seriously doubt that Australian government has banned people from traveling and refused to give a reason why. If Australia has done this, I seriously doubt that those people banned from travel are interested in your speculation about why the ban was imposed.

Can anyone give reasons, based upon credible sources, why the junta has banned Watana Muangsook from overseas travel? Don't bother repeating your speculations djjamie, I'm only interested in an explanation based on credible sources.

"Ex-minister Watana faces bribe charges

space.gif

Watana Muangsook, the former minister of social development and human security, and four groups of 10 suspects will face graft indictments relating to Bt82 million in bribes from the Ua Arthorn housing project.

In a bribery scandal reminiscent of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra's asset concealment case, Watana handled his illicit funds via an uncanny list of accomplices including a maid, a typist and a driver."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/03/20/headlines/headlines_30029744.php

A maid, a typist and a driver ? Sounds like your typical Shin-stained low-life that some posters (for one reason or another ???) like to spend all their spare time defending.

Published in 2007. Any updates? Did this lead to anything? Google provided nothing on this.

"Two convicted and three acquitted in firetruck scandal"

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-convicted-and-three-acquitted-in-firetruck-scandal

Lovely fellow. biggrin.png

He was one of the acquitted.

..................."Published in 2007. Any updates? Did this lead to anything? Google provided nothing on this."............................

I don't know if it lead to anything. Just thought this line really sums him up -

............................"In a bribery scandal reminiscent of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra's asset concealment case, Watana handled his illicit funds via an uncanny list of accomplices including a maid, a typist and a driver."......................................thumbsup.gif

And I know he was acquitted, I did read the article.

Point is, it is often said that dirty, grubby, guilty crims often get away with being bent when in reality they should be behind bars.

This lowlife is a perfect example and I am sure the government knows how dirty he is.

................................................."Can anyone give reasons, based upon credible sources, why the junta has banned Watana Muangsook from overseas travel?"....................................

As to why the government has banned this snake from overseas travel - I don't know and don't really care. If you are so desperate to know the answer, why don't you ask the PM ? I am sure he would love to entertain you.

(just don't tell him your name) biggrin.png

But you can keep saying to yourself, Junta, BAD. Democracy Kleptocracy, GOOD.

Let my try to explain this one more time; there is nothing that prevents a person from thinking the present government is bad while also having the same opinion about the previous government.

This is a fact that seems to elude the cheerleaders. All criticism is being countered with the but,but,but...Thaksin! "argument".

Reminder to cheerleaders; The Thaksin clan is no longer in power. All decisions and actions of the present regime is their responsibility!

You are wasting your time. The fanbois will just come back with 'All decisions and actions of the present regime is their responsibility because Thaksin...' They have nothing else to say and no comprehension that not every birth, death and event on the entire planet have and always will be linked to the man.

And on the flipside, you have posters here who blame 4,000 year old customs- and the weather- on the Junta...

And others who have been brainwashed since the 1st grade that Democracy is the only acceptable form of government, even for societies that have absolutely nothing in common with their own, and have none of the pillars in place that allow democracy to work.

Edited by impulse

Let my try to explain this one more time; there is nothing that prevents a person from thinking the present government is bad while also having the same opinion about the previous government.

This is a fact that seems to elude the cheerleaders. All criticism is being countered with the but,but,but...Thaksin! "argument".

Reminder to cheerleaders; The Thaksin clan is no longer in power. All decisions and actions of the present regime is their responsibility!

You are wasting your time. The fanbois will just come back with 'All decisions and actions of the present regime is their responsibility because Thaksin...' They have nothing else to say and no comprehension that not every birth, death and event on the entire planet have and always will be linked to the man.

And on the flipside, you have posters here who blame 4,000 year old customs- and the weather- on the Junta...

And others who have been brainwashed since the 1st grade that Democracy is the only acceptable form of government, even for societies that have absolutely nothing in common with their own, and have none of the pillars in place that allow democracy to work.

"...... the right of the majority to rule is no more inherent than the right of the minority to rule; and unless the majority represents sane, righteous, unselfish public sentiment, it has no inherent right. William Allen White

Strangely, White was a leading US psychiatrist.

1. Not me.

2. Thais have obviously also been brainwashed since the 1st grade that democracy is the only acceptable form of government, as the not a coup was staged to preserve it so it was claimed.

Synchronise watches on 'But Thaksin'....

So n 5 pages no one has provided any information from the junta as to why this guy is not allowed to travel.

Why should they ? Perhaps they do not give a s**t why this germ has been grounded.

If it were up to me I would welcome him to fly out, but I would not let him back in. Would be doing the country a favor.

So n 5 pages no one has provided any information from the junta as to why this guy is not allowed to travel.

Why should they ? Perhaps they do not give a s**t why this germ has been grounded.

If it were up to me I would welcome him to fly out, but I would not let him back in. Would be doing the country a favor.

So thats a no then

Sooooo, anyone? Why cant he travel?

That's the beauty of the system.

If they publish what he's accused of, he can sue 'em for defamation... And if they don't publish what he's accused of, he can rag on 'em for unfair treatment.

Let's just call it double secret probation related to ongoing investigations... That's as good as any answer we're going to get under the system.

Edited by impulse

"the former minister said that stopping people to talk and to express their opinions through the barrel of the gun will not lead to sustainable peace"

I bet Suthep is smirking when reading this. It is what the red shirts did to his protestors in 2013/14.

Watana is right though as it does not lead to sustainable peace which is exactly why the military had to step in.

Well done for inadvertently justifying the coup.

Well done for proving once and for all what a brown shirt you are....coffee1.gif

There is an 'r" to much in shirt......

If they publish what he's accused of, he can sue 'em for defamation... And if they don't publish what he's accused of, he can rag on 'em for unfair treatment.

Let's just call it double secret probation related to ongoing investigations... That's as good as any answer we're going to get under the system.

Let's just call it an <deleted> getting a small percentage of what he had coming to him. clap2.gif

Let's just call it an <deleted> getting a small percentage of what he had coming to him. clap2.gif

What does he have coming to him, what is he charged with?

"the former minister said that stopping people to talk and to express their opinions through the barrel of the gun will not lead to sustainable peace"

I bet Suthep is smirking when reading this. It is what the red shirts did to his protestors in 2013/14.

Watana is right though as it does not lead to sustainable peace which is exactly why the military had to step in.

Well done for inadvertently justifying the coup.

Well done for proving once and for all what a brown shirt you are....coffee1.gif

There is an 'r" to much in shirt......

clap2.gif

Agree, and the same for quite a few more of the same ilk.

Maybe they could all go to the Saudi countries and try to sell sand to the arabs.

Did you go to school? Did you write papers which required you to reference your sources? Did you reference with the statement "Find them yourself!"?

It is the responsibility of people making claims that are not general knowledge to provide evidence for their claims. If you don't do that, nobody of any intelligence will believe you. Your stubborn refusal to provide sources reinforces your lack of credibility.

No charge for the schooling.

What a joke from the petulent student who refuses to do his homework on his own and instead demands the answers on the test given by his teacher.

What did you discover from your homework?

Nothing apparently, because if had actually followed through and spent the time researching the subject matter because if had, you wouldn't be looking, as mentioned before, uninformed and silly.

Did you even look for jai dee's news posts? Apparently not.

Clearly my school analogy went over your head. I'll try this:

We are discussing a topic. I asked a question pertinent to the topic--does anyone know if Watana Muangsook has current charges pending against him that would justify the overseas travel ban. Some people replied with speculation and opinions, but no one gave a definitive referenced answer. I asked for references and you replied by claiming you had references but I'd have to find them myself.

I'll repeat that--I asked for references and you replied by claiming you had references but I'd have to find them myself. Do you really think that is credible?

You claim you have references. You have given no reason for not providing your references, suggesting they don't exist or are not credible. Provide your references or accept that your claims have no credibility.

Bruce, I cannot answer for the other posters but for what it's worth I will repeat what I said to you way back in Post #110 -

"I don't know and don't really care. If you are so desperate to know the answer, why don't you ask the PM ?"

You seem to be on some sort of crusade to get an answer to your question out of someone just so you can disagree with them or argue the logic in it, which it seems is the only reason you are here.

Little wonder nobody will answer your question because no matter what they say they will be shot down in flames.

Who cares why the Government won't let this grubbly little man leave the country, but if it is that important to you go and ask the PM !