Why do Thai bank not provides detailed account information

Most Thai banks give you a booklet that you can update in a machine at the bank. The booklet shows the movement in the account and the current balance.

However, if money is transferred into your account, the booklet only shows the type of transfer, not who sent the money.

Even online banking apparently doesn't give details about who transferred money into the account. You have to go to the bank to ask who sent the money.

Does anyone know of any Thai bank that provides information, either by automatic email or in a monthly statement, about who transferred money in your account?

Edited by does

I have often wondered the same thing. In Aus you get a statement free sent in the mail that tells you where all the money is coming from.......

My missus went into our bank a few months ago and asked about getting the detailed statement. She was told some ludicrous amount to have it done.....WHY????

Edited by Yooyung

Most banks offer both traditional passbook and statement accounts these days and statements are available for passbook accounts if you ask (and do not believe there is any charge at largest banks).

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Accounts/Pages/StatementSavings.aspx

1. I would like to have a bank statement. What is the fee?
    Statements for current accounts are free of charge and the others are as follows:

- No fee for statements during the most recent six-month period
    - 200Bt for statements between six months and two years old
    - 500Bt for statements older than two years

http://bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Accounts/Pages/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx#8

Yes, but that's exactly why I posted the question. Why should you have to go to the bank to get a proper statement.

In any case, Tonray above mentioned Kasikorn will send you an SMS if you set up alerts. That's exactly what I meant. And if they send an SMS, they can probably also send an email. That would solve the problem.

You can go into the branch and get a transactional printout for free with all the information you could possibly want.

Cute, but just to enlighten you: not everyone in the world (or Thailand) has one source of income. Some people work for multiple clients. Some of those client pay irregularly. Some pay late. Some don't send notice that they have paid. If it's an overseas client, currency rate change influence the amount that end up in your account. If you have 100 clients, it can get to be a hassle to sort out who paid if the passbook doesn't show the name of the payer.

I wish I had the problem of unknown people depositing money in my account.

Dreadful.

If money is transferred via an online transfer, you will be notified by emailand maybe an SMS alert that a transfer has been made. However if the sender does not indicate his/her name or reference on the transfer payment page, you will not know where it has come from.

Whilst it shows online as a "recent transaction" you are shown the date and if an ATM transfer, the location of the ATM machine. However this information disappears once the transfer has been added to the main account.

Bangkok bank will provide all the info you want for free.

When I first came to Thailand 14 years ago I believed that Kasikorn (then known as Thai Farmers Bank) was the best bank for foreigners, but over the years I have come to learn that Bangkok Bank is far superior any time that you need to actually go into a branch and talk to an actual person.

Cute, but just to enlighten you: not everyone in the world (or Thailand) has one source of income. Some people work for multiple clients. Some of those client pay irregularly. Some pay late. Some don't send notice that they have paid. If it's an overseas client, currency rate change influence the amount that end up in your account. If you have 100 clients, it can get to be a hassle to sort out who paid if the passbook doesn't show the name of the payer.

Dreadful.

Perhaps another approach would be multiple accounts - does not cost you any more to have 20 accounts than it does one if you do not require ATM cards for them - just have internet access to them so you can transfer to primary account when you want.

Thai banks are among only a few, in the world, enjoying double digit profits and one of the reasons is that they

won't do anything they absolutely aren't forced to do. No customer service of quality, endless reams of paperwork in a

global society that went paperless 15 years ago, not even public restrooms. No real choice as they are all about the same

but " reading the small print" is a must -- if some is in English !

Thai banks are among only a few, in the world, enjoying double digit profits and one of the reasons is that they

won't do anything they absolutely aren't forced to do. No customer service of quality, endless reams of paperwork in a

global society that went paperless 15 years ago, not even public restrooms. No real choice as they are all about the same

but " reading the small print" is a must -- if some is in English !

SCB Sukhumvit 45 has public toilets if your continence is an issue.

Dreadful.

Consider getting a bilingual/trilingual office assistant/PA. If you don't speak /read/write Thai then the time and frustration they save you more than covers their salary, allowing you to be much more productive.

As a bonus, they count as one of the four people you need for your work permit/extension.

I have often wondered the same thing. In Aus you get a statement free sent in the mail that tells you where all the money is coming from.......

My missus went into our bank a few months ago and asked about getting the detailed statement. She was told some ludicrous amount to have it done.....WHY????

You won't get bigger crooks than banks, (that probably applies to any country) every little excuse to take money from you.

I accept they have to make money like any business, but they need to stop fleecing the customers.

Yes, but that's exactly why I posted the question. Why should you have to go to the bank to get a proper statement.

In any case, Tonray above mentioned Kasikorn will send you an SMS if you set up alerts. That's exactly what I meant. And if they send an SMS, they can probably also send an email. That would solve the problem.

You can go into the branch and get a transactional printout for free with all the information you could possibly want.

Really? Did you read post #2? Maybe there was a language problem, no one at any of my two banks speaks English.

Bangkok bank will provide all the info you want for free.

When I first came to Thailand 14 years ago I believed that Kasikorn (then known as Thai Farmers Bank) was the best bank for foreigners, but over the years I have come to learn that Bangkok Bank is far superior any time that you need to actually go into a branch and talk to an actual person.

How odd. I have used KBank for years and I have no problem in going to my local branch and talking to the staff. I have even been to the provincial office and on a couple of ocassions to the international branch on Sukhumvit in Bangkok.

I have called their hotline and the chatline as well and that worked for me as well.

Really? Did you read post #2? Maybe there was a language problem, no one at any of my two banks speaks English.

You can go to the branch and call the bank hotline (in English) and they will translate for you. You can take your wife and she can do the same.

I went to my local KBank branch to transfer some money to a friends account in the UK last year. Nobody seems to have done it before in the village where I live. The lady doing the transfer went to the hotline as did I and we had a 3 way conversation on how to do the trans, with another lady in the branch writing it down for the next time.

Only from Thai bank to Thai bank does Kasikorn show who sent it. International payments in to Kasikorn dont show who sent it.

Why should you have to go to the bank to get that info, you ask. Because that's the way it is, apparently.

If you do indeed have 100 clients then try running your business more professionally/effectively. Hire an English/Thai-speaking PA to take care of the stuff you are unwilling or unable to do and end the obvious stress in your business life.

Edited by HerbalEd

Dreadful.

If I had a business with 100 clients I think I would take a far more professional approach than relying on bank passbook deposits to track my business performance.

Bank branches are so outrageously profitable in the States that banks are closing them. Chase is currently closing 300 branches. When I go into the local branch of my bank there are no other customers there. Fear it will close soon.

Not sure about another Bank

Just asked for a bank statement for the last 3 years for 4 accounts at Bangkok Bank was charged 2000 baht and still waiting 10 days ago

Then they tell me I have to go to the Bank Branch for each account to pick them up.

3 Baht accounts an 1 USD account in Silom, can order all from 1 branch, pay and wait.........10 days and waiting.....

Go figure .....