Canadian expat attacked by knife wielding maniac in Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

Just curious, is the "gunsmoke and hot lead" and other postings we will soon see .. is that just for Thai People, or ...let's just say a Brit attacked a sleeping man and before assaulting him, slid on a set of brass knuckles ...

Are you also in favor of putting him down a Brit ... like a dog?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is Thai. He lives in Khlong Toei. I have his full name. Wanchai Julsuwan (วันชัย จุลสุวรรณ). It's Thai. Now I just need to figure out where to call to find out what happened at the courts yesterday. And anyone is free to pass the story onto the Thai Facebook/media groups mentioned. I wouldn't even know where to start. Same with a court contact :/

This kind of attack could occur in any country. The attacker was a destitute Thai male, probably mentally ill, perhaps intoxicated, intent on harming a farang.

The police are disinterested because they cannot squeeze him for money. Without some kind of compensation, the police have to come up with another way to resolve this without loss of face for anyone. So, they come up with obstacles and excuses why they can't run this matter through a regular criminal prosecution.

I hope Blake is able to see it through. I know Blake. He's a good guy, been in Thailand awhile, and didn't deserve to be frightened in this manner. I feel more sorry for his mom who moved to Thailand to join him, only to witness her son's life being threatened.

I hope the Canadian heals fast.

When I look at that p.o.s somchai in his fatigue spants, his knife and M50 bottle of liquid caffeine, I can't help think he's like so many Thais who really should just go back to the farm. He's a loser, and the fact he picks on an unarmed foreigner speaks volumes as to how Thais fight. What a scum bag. He's a disgrace to his own country and humanity.

Suspect that M 150 bottle contains Lao Khao, that's how they drink it round my area.

"Falang" life is shit here in LOS. Beggers life worth more if he's thai.

Awww sorry to hear that petal, maybe you should walk a month in a poor Thai man's shoes, see how well you are treated.

Poor Thai man is only poor because they spend any money they come by on cigarettes, whisky, card games, whores, drugs and chicken fights. Get a job and stop being a lazy waster Poor Thai Man! You have the same choice as the rest of us until you commits a crime and then you can pay the price, The same as the rest of us!

Well done to the taxi drivers for subduing him. They always get a lot of stick on TV but this is not the first time I see them do the police job's and hold a guy down.

There are some great taxi drivers in Thailand, and there are some asses. I guess that makes sense, since they are just people at the end of the day

How very weak of the police. How cowardly. How unmanly. How incompetent. How disgraceful. And nothing is done about it. The captain did not lose his job. The officers involved were not suspended. Little P. did not get involved, as usual. The RTP are some of the weakest men on earth. Shame on the whole lot.

Not enough evidence then? What do they need, the knife sticking out of his chest? That's crazy! It's clearly a case of premeditated attempted murder. There are quite a few stories like this circulating on the net, were the perp gets off scott free, or albeit with a slap on the wrist.

Like the scummy speedboat driver, that killed two Koreans in Phuket. That boy got two years.

It's a wonder that with the incident happening around Ekamai, that they didn't search Mr Sibbit, to see if he was carrying any drugs on his person. That would have been were the real money is. If he'd been carrying a few pills, they'd have given him twenty years and a massive fine.

I agree there should be enough evidence for some sort of conviction, but I completely disagree that it is "clearly a case of premeditated attempted murder". There is no evidence of pre-meditation, and we do not know if he just wanted to stab the victim without causing his death.

Saying there is a "Lack of evidence" would signify a clear case of disinterest in following up on the perpetrated crime.

The police officer or officers that said that are just being A-holes as they are prone to being that way anyhow, while they are thinking:

"Jesus H. Christ...now you went and disrupted my train of thought while we police officers have more important matters to attend to rather than a small knife wound to some foreigners hand .....geez, foreigners are such wimps and whiners all the time"

Cheers

Probably Ya Ba or Alcohol and or a loathing for foreigners because of something that happened in the past.

Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time...yikes

Cheers

Yes a timely warning ,not that we really need it ,but there are deranged people everywhere.In this country I learned a long time ago,from a Thai Doctor friend, that people who have mental problems are not encouraged to seek treatment and to do so is to lose face.

Its just a matter of when ,with the addition of drugs or alcohol, for them to go over the edge.

If he was more efficient the victim would probably be in hospital fighting for his life.

My Drs advice was if you ever see someone you think is on the edge avoid eye contact and get out of his way ASAP.

"Falang" life is shit here in LOS. Beggers life worth more if he's thai.

Awww sorry to hear that petal, maybe you should walk a month in a poor Thai man's shoes, see how well you are treated.

only a brain dead moron like you could come up with a comment like that, you turd

Is it me you are insulting? A poor Thai stabbed to death is thrown at the back of a pick up with police never bothering showing up at hospital.

Blake's fight is for Farangs AND poor Thais because what really matters here is social standing and money.

But if you want to walk around feeling victimized wahh wahh carry on princess.

Petal and princess! I didn't know you spoke prole so well!

'Once at the police station, Blake thought it would be a formality that the crazed knifeman would be charged for carrying out the attack ... However, after submitting his report to the police, Blake claims that one officer told him “there’s not enough evidence”.'

That's Thonglor for you.

There is no justice in Thailand. Any thai has the right to do whatever they please to any farang with no worry about any consequences. If the farang had struck the thai in self defense he would have been the guilty party and would have had to pay his attacker and the police to avoid jail. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the disgusting facet of the land of smiles :(

"Not enough evidence" .... Is this place getting more stupid by the minute ... facepalm.gif

If it was the other way around the Canadian would be facing "attempted murder" but this lunatic is quite possibly gonna walk until he attack (and kill) his next victim - well done RTP, another bang on job bah.gif

Maybe its time to clear out of this inane asylum and find a civilized country to live in stead of Land of Stabbing...angry.png

BTW sorry about the avatar, Blake, not intended

Edited by Kannikapor88

how does one get to be a policeman in Thailand you volunteer, if you have enough money to buy a uniform that's the first step the second step is if you look good in your uniform you are on the first step of the ladder if you have half a brain youre in the police force then you can proceed to buy your rank right up to the top of the heap .

"Not enough evidence" .... Is this place getting more stupid by the minute ... facepalm.gif

If it was the other way around the Canadian would be facing "attempted murder" but this lunatic is quite possibly gonna walk until he attack (and kill) his next victim - well done RTP, another bang on job bah.gif

Maybe its time to clear out of this inane asylum and find a civilized country to live in stead of Land of Stabbing...angry.png

BTW sorry about the avatar, Blake, not intended

Not many civilised countries left these days!

Of course it can happen anywhere. Clearly the moto guys did a great job in restraining him but again the police have been caught short for a response, both in respect of the way they have handled the offender in the case ( it seems) AND the victim, who has been left pretty much in the dark.

It goes without saying that it shouldn't be the responsibility of the victim to alert others to the dangers and to make sure the guy is charged...but, alas, it looks like that is what has happened.

Police looks at an incident of attempted murder and said not sufficient evidence .Police chief feels insulted when volunteers request he submit for alcohol test and seeks have the men reprimanded. Innocent Burmese charged in a death sentence and even a dummy knows he is innocent.

I say wrong place for faring . i have enough, i have decided to walk out from my Thai relationship and abandon this country. To do differently is to help bolster corruption and evil.

welcome to Thaivisa Blake, that must have been a frightening experience being chased by a madman wielding a knife, you will meet many CLOWNS on this site, see we have one on here already, just hope it all ends well mate but as those of us who LIVE here, probably know the outcome already.

some people will only stop an assult as they are met with gunsmoke and hot lead.. If they are on some of the real mind alternating drugs it may take a multiple of rounds (4 or 5 ) but placed correctly that should be a real put down. then the bib would probably go after the fellow protecting himself, mother and bystanders' handdy to have a dozen spare clips just to show your not up to taking blaming the unseen / unheard voice no one else heard.

lock the crazed lunitic up in the house for deranged human / animal behavior and place him and others like him right next to the monkey pit at zoos around the country, a diet of peanuts, and water might show the errors of this type of behavior to the general public.

Ridiculous American attitude, typical of the NRA mentality. The motorcycle guys showed that guns were completely unnecessary for apprehending the guy, as they are in the vast majority of criminal cases in the vast majority of countries.

And the Thai police leap into action or is that inaction once again but as the knifeman is not rich a 500 baht fine and don’t do that again or you could land in trouble, the only evidence the police would accept is a corpse, and even if there is two corpses it can still all end up in a mess and a confusing muddle to the layman not experienced in Thai law. or justice.

There is an undercurrent of racism in this country. This incident is an example of how the extreme element feel and act towards foreigners who are not asian. The sooner these people are educated to understand and (hopefully) enjoy cultural differences the sooner happiness will be returned to the people.

Yes I not even need the full story here... The country is full of them

The police are not even worth talking about jokers they are. A disgrace to the country, I can not understand how the Army let them inflict a bad vision on Thailand. They are really bad operators and its become a joke.

There policing is seizing motorcycles for Baht.

You should have picked up the chair and caved him in. Its self defence and anyone running knives thru streets attacking people should be jailed immediately. In my country he would be swiftly dealt with and severly