Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

I don't understand that at all, and I've just looked at the CMEC site a few minutes ago. I'm clueless.

While I don't have to extend for another 8 months, I did read the new "Saturday" process explained on the CMEC website and thought it was easily understandable. If you truly can't understand what they are talking about there, perhaps it would be wise for you to simply use one of the visa agents.

Yet, like you, I do hope that they bring back the online queue and I can go easily do it by myself. If the online queue isn't back in place in 6 months, then I'm truly hoping that the CMEC new arrangement is still working then as I'll gratefully take full advantage of it. If neither is operating when I have to renew, then I'll reluctantly use a visa agent as it'll be a cold day in hell before I

ever show up at Immigration at 6AM and sit there for most of the day.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great to see that Nancy's time and effort has paid off and CEC members can participate in an out of hours session at immigration.

The drawback for people such as Connda is that they would be required to make the long drive into town more than once, unless some special dispensation could be made for anyone living outstation.

I don't understand that at all, and I've just looked at the CMEC site a few minutes ago. I'm clueless.

While I don't have to extend for another 8 months, I did read the new "Saturday" process explained on the CMEC website and thought it was easily understandable. If you truly can't understand what they are talking about there, perhaps it would be wise for you to simply use one of the visa agents.

Yet, like you, I do hope that they bring back the online queue and I can go easily do it by myself. If the online queue isn't back in place in 6 months, then I'm truly hoping that the CMEC new arrangement is still working then as I'll gratefully take full advantage of it. If neither is operating when I have to renew, then I'll reluctantly use a visa agent as it'll be a cold day in hell before I

"I did read the new "Saturday" process explained on the CMEC website..."

Where? Under what link. On what page. I've looked on the CMEC site and I see no reference to a new Saturday process. It might be understandable, you have to find the written statement first, and I see no reference, even using Search.

Perhaps someone could go to this 'page' and copy the link and paste it into this message for those of us visually impaired.

Here's the CMEC homepage. Perhaps someone smarter than I could point out the link to the 'new Saturday process',

post-87058-0-72125500-1442718207_thumb.j

Connda, you've got a point. The recent announcement about what we hope will become a monthly joint event with the Japanese CLL club isn't on the CEC website, but it is on the CEC Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Chiang-Mai-Expats-Club-286223608211692/timeline/

Also, it was detailed in a "Special Edition" of the CEC e-newsletter

https://madmimi.com/p/3741b6?fe=1&pact=33183201361

And being discussed on this ThaiVisa.com thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/857018-ten-hut-no-waiting-at-immigration-at-promenada-september-26/

We'll see how it goes this week and if the initial trial looks look, then we'll put something on the website once it's clear it will be a monthly event. Frankly, it's easier to change our Facebook page or buzz out an e-newsletter than to change the website.

Connda, you've got a point. The recent announcement about what we hope will become a monthly joint event with the Japanese CLL club isn't on the CEC website, but it is on the CEC Facebook

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/857018-ten-hut-no-waiting-at-immigration-at-promenada-september-26/

We'll see how it goes this week and if the initial trial looks look, then we'll put something on the website once it's clear it will be a monthly event. Frankly, it's easier to change our Facebook page or buzz out an e-newsletter than to change the website.

Simply put the link to the FB info on the website?

"I did read the new "Saturday" process explained on the CMEC website..."

Where? Under what link. On what page. I've looked on the CMEC site and I see no reference to a new Saturday process. It might be understandable, you have to find the written statement first, and I see no reference, even using Search.

Perhaps someone could go to this 'page' and copy the link and paste it into this message for those of us visually impaired.

Here's the CMEC homepage. Perhaps someone smarter than I could point out the link to the 'new Saturday process',

attachicon.gifCMEC Home.jpg

Look at the Facebook page for the Chiang Mai Expats Club. It is explained there.

Well I went in today at 1:30 talked to the girls out side. Was informed they only give out 20 numbers a day. I asked what if it is 3:00 and they had seen all 20 she informed me that they only give out 20 a day. Was like talking to an empty chair. I asked her what number they were on now and she said 11. I thanked her went next door to the outfit that does it for 3,000 baht asked them if they could handle it for me they said yes. I would have to wait a little bit to get my picture taken. Sat there for a bit they called me took me next door took my picture and I was out of there at 2:15. Paid her the 4,900 baht for the registration fee and her services had a bite to eat saw a movie picked up my passport and I am set for another year.

The girl who took me to the immigration office was tired she said she had to get up every day at 4:00 in the morning. As said elsewhere not professionals but then again the final result was just as good as a professional with a masters degree. The best part of it was I didn't have to chase all over town. One stop and I was done. I am not sure how they do it but I think they get tickets for the afternoon regardless if any one is scheduled or not. I was out of there in 45 minutes after I showed up and I noticed the queue tickets on his desk said 15. I doubt he had done 4 in half an hour when she told me 11. Also it was nice to see they had a loudspeaker. Only a few hanging around out side when I got there so I went inside and there was 33 sitting in there waiting. Left after the show a meal and some shopping and noticed their was still about 7 or 8 staff working.

So 7900B all up for retirement extension using the folks next door. How does 7900B compare to the other Visa Servicing agents? Cheers....wai.gif

Well I went in today at 1:30 talked to the girls out side. Was informed they only give out 20 numbers a day. I asked what if it is 3:00 and they had seen all 20 she informed me that they only give out 20 a day. Was like talking to an empty chair. I asked her what number they were on now and she said 11. I thanked her went next door to the outfit that does it for 3,000 baht asked them if they could handle it for me they said yes. I would have to wait a little bit to get my picture taken. Sat there for a bit they called me took me next door took my picture and I was out of there at 2:15. Paid her the 4,900 baht for the registration fee and her services had a bite to eat saw a movie picked up my passport and I am set for another year.

The girl who took me to the immigration office was tired she said she had to get up every day at 4:00 in the morning. As said elsewhere not professionals but then again the final result was just as good as a professional with a masters degree. The best part of it was I didn't have to chase all over town. One stop and I was done. I am not sure how they do it but I think they get tickets for the afternoon regardless if any one is scheduled or not. I was out of there in 45 minutes after I showed up and I noticed the queue tickets on his desk said 15. I doubt he had done 4 in half an hour when she told me 11. Also it was nice to see they had a loudspeaker. Only a few hanging around out side when I got there so I went inside and there was 33 sitting in there waiting. Left after the show a meal and some shopping and noticed their was still about 7 or 8 staff working.

So 7900B all up for retirement extension using the folks next door. How does 7900B compare to the other Visa Servicing agents? Cheers....wai.gif

NO, only 4,900 total.

Thanks kindly. thumbsup.gif

NO, only 4,900 total.

jingjoke followed me around and kept tabs on what are meal cost us and the tickets into the theater. Tried to keep the Rimping receipt private but it looks like I failed. He got that too. I didn't keep that close a tab on it but if he says it all came to 7,900 baht I guess so. Still all in all not a bad price for a yearly extension a meal a show and shopping. I know one agent who will charge you 7,400 baht all in just for the extension. No meal no movie and no shopping.

Hi all.

Thought I would give my latest experiences with the Promenada and the 90 day report by mail that on reading these posts I don`t think anyone has experienced yet for being refused a slot for the day.

On September 2 decided to try my luck as a first time visitor to the Promenada immigration for my 90 day report. Knew where to go and how it works from a friend. Arrived at 11.45am just before lunch in the hope that the morning queue may have been dealt with and most people would not bother to check again for slots until after lunch.

I asked the lady sitting at the table in the yard if there are any 90 day report numbers available. She said yes and asked to see my passport and paperwork. She opened my passport looked at the pages and told me; too long. Having no idea what she was talking about, I asked her what she means? The lady said; I have 21 days until my 90 day report is due. I pointed out to her that it is 14 days until my 90 day is due again on the 16th. She ranted on, no, because it allows me to go 7 days passed that date and it`s due on the 23rd. She brushed her hand at me, said go away and come here again in another few days.

Having half expected not to get a 90 day slot on that day, but not for the reason I was given, I had prepared my paperwork to try the mailing option, another first for me. Went to the nearest main post office at 1.00pm and sent it all by EMS with a 5 baht stamp on the self addressed envelope.

Later checked the EMS progress online. Left the post office on the day I mailed it, arrived at Lumphun on the same day. The following morning my mail was dispatched somewhere in Chiang Mai then later in the morning at the airport immigration and dispatched. It had arrived at Immigration by 10.00am the following day.

3 days passed, nothing. 5 days passed, nothing. 7 days passed nothing. 9 days passed nothing and started to get panic attacks. 12 days passed nothing. On the 13th day had my coat on, engine running all set to visit immigration to ask about my 90 day report. As I was leaving the house, the postman turned up with my stamped addressed letter from immigration. Opened the envelope and inside was my new 90 day report receipt. I thanked the postman, felt like winning the lottery. The whole episode very stressful.

I asked the lady sitting at the table in the yard if there are any 90 day report numbers available. She said yes and asked to see my passport and paperwork. She opened my passport looked at the pages and told me; too long. Having no idea what she was talking about, I asked her what she means? The lady said; I have 21 days until my 90 day report is due. I pointed out to her that it is 14 days until my 90 day is due again on the 16th. She ranted on, no, because it allows me to go 7 days passed that date and it`s due on the 23rd. She brushed her hand at me, said go away and come here again in another few days.

3 days passed, nothing. 5 days passed, nothing. 7 days passed nothing. 9 days passed nothing and started to get panic attacks. 12 days passed nothing. On the 13th day had my coat on, engine running all set to visit immigration to ask about my 90 day report. As I was leaving the house, the postman turned up with my stamped addressed letter from immigration. Opened the envelope and inside was my new 90 day report receipt. I thanked the postman, felt like winning the lottery. The whole episode very stressful.

Thanks to share this happy ending story thumbsup.gif

I'ld have felt in the same panic mode if it happened to me...

BTW through 10 years I've been living in CNX on a retirement basis, two times I applied for my 90 day report by 3-4 weeks in advance for some reasons, and my reports never have been denied by the Imm Airport Office.

I believe(d) one can apply whenever one decide into this 90 day window. And seven days later at max for sure...

Am I wrong or was the little lady not up-to-date?

Instead of paying an agent 3000 I'm taking an overnight trip to Chiang rai where immigration is quick and easy. Have fun for my money.

Please tell us of your experience when you return.
you'll have to wait. My visa expires February. That's the plan if CM doesn't get its act together. Jontiem is far busier but their service is first rate. Here it's pathetic.

Instead of paying an agent 3000 I'm taking an overnight trip to Chiang rai where immigration is quick and easy. Have fun for my money.

you'll have to wait. My visa expires February. That's the plan if CM doesn't get its act together. Jontiem is far busier but their service is first rate. Here it's pathetic.

You may use my email to contact me with the information. My email address is part of my TV profile.

Will be interesting since you are required to apply for your extension in the area you reside.

Foiled again. But I could use my hotel address??

You would have to file a TM28 to register your address with Immigration officially. Once done, you "might" get away with using the Immigration facility away from your "home".

Then he would have to file it again after returning or 90 day reporting will be an issue. Also, the TM28 only needs to be filed if staying longer then 24 hours. Then of course the hotel will be filing a TM30. Just too many spots this could all go south. smile.png

Later checked the EMS progress online. Left the post office on the day I mailed it, arrived at Lumphun on the same day. The following morning my mail was dispatched somewhere in Chiang Mai then later in the morning at the airport immigration and dispatched. It had arrived at Immigration by 10.00am the following day.

My own experience plus that of a number of friends:

CM Immigration at the airport appear to be consistently efficient in processing 90-day reports received by mail; mine was processed [according to the information clearly shown on the receipt] within a few hours of delivery by EMS. However, for reasons unknown, the receipt of notification was not posted back for quite a while; mine was posted ten days after processing [EMS confirmation] and my friends had a similar experience.

I agree with Caspersfriend, except that using EMS is a waste of money (small as it might be).

Registered mail, as requested, is fine. I --- and many others --- have reported success time after time after time. More important is submitting the request following the proper procedure, WHICH IS PINNED ON THIS SITE as reminded time after time after time after time after time! Recently, the chief of the Chiang Mai office confirmed that mail reporting is PREFERRED.

Those reporting lack of success either have filled out a simple form incorrectly or mailed it improperly. Or maybe they don't know where they live, or don't live in a place long enough! If you were able to buy an airplane ticket to come to settle in Thailand you should be able to handle it! If you try to fill out the form after a night of boozing and screw it up, then shame on you! If so, visit the office with your registered mail receipt. No one is going to ship you back where you came from if you miss a day or a time! More than once? Watch out !!

I really wonder about people not dealing with very simple realities. Yes, you have to know where you live! Yes, you have to know how to fill out a form correctly. Yes, you have to know how to use the postal service. And so on! Does the Immigration Office screw up? Probably some of the time, but not too often! The local working staff hate 90-day reports as an undue burden.

Why 90-Day reports? Well, I agree with those who think that the drill is absurd. And I have personally heard the ridiculous explanation by a Ministry of Interior deputy minister: "So we can help foreigners, if they need help." Uh huh!! Sure !! But never mind, it is not so big a deal. You chose to live here; play by the home team's rules!

The reason for such regulations runs deeper. Deal with that fact and come to terms with it, and you are fine. Enjoy life where you are!

I agree with Caspersfriend, except that using EMS is a waste of money (small as it might be).

Registered mail, as requested, is fine. I --- and many others --- have reported success time after time after time. More important is submitting the request following the proper procedure, WHICH IS PINNED ON THIS SITE as reminded time after time after time after time after time! Recently, the chief of the Chiang Mai office confirmed that mail reporting is PREFERRED.

Those reporting lack of success either have filled out a simple form incorrectly or mailed it improperly. Or maybe they don't know where they live, or don't live in a place long enough! If you were able to buy an airplane ticket to come to settle in Thailand you should be able to handle it! If you try to fill out the form after a night of boozing and screw it up, then shame on you! If so, visit the office with your registered mail receipt. No one is going to ship you back where you came from if you miss a day or a time! More than once? Watch out !!

I really wonder about people not dealing with very simple realities. Yes, you have to know where you live! Yes, you have to know how to fill out a form correctly. Yes, you have to know how to use the postal service. And so on! Does the Immigration Office screw up? Probably some of the time, but not too often! The local working staff hate 90-day reports as an undue burden.

Why 90-Day reports? Well, I agree with those who think that the drill is absurd. And I have personally heard the ridiculous explanation by a Ministry of Interior deputy minister: "So we can help foreigners, if they need help." Uh huh!! Sure !! But never mind, it is not so big a deal. You chose to live here; play by the home team's rules!

The reason for such regulations runs deeper. Deal with that fact and come to terms with it, and you are fine. Enjoy life where you are!

More to than your simple explanation I think.

There were no reports of people being telephoned to call in and collect their forms from the airport for resubmission to Prom before the move to Prom. Quite a few confirmed that this was in fact and they were sure their docs were completed correctly.

At least 3 of them were told by the same officer at airport to go to Prom. No reports of that happening in the last couple of weeks.No further reports of people being told to expect home visits from immigration to explain "reporting obligations" either but that was very short lived.

And bear in mind TV is only a relatively small proportion of expats in Chiang Mai, many are not aware of TV or do not contribute.

Make of it what you wish.

Archived