Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed an interesting news article in TV news section. A new head and a whole new set of problems?

Thai immigration chief warned he might face the chop

"1 - Providing service at a substantial charge to extend the stay of foreigners in this country such as arranging student visas for foreigners without actually attending any educational institutes or changing tourist visas into business visas."

I am starting to think a lot of these problem with 90 day reporting and visa extensions are actually our own fault.

Its got to the stage when people are going at ridiculous hours in the early morning to get a place before anyone else... and they get earlier and earlier... making going at a normal time impossible.

Then, people using agencies and paying all that unnecessary money to them... which then leaves the rest of us with no place in the queue without using an agency.

And, finally, people are giving money under the counter to get what they want... so people don't stand a chance!

It’s getting out of hand really.

If everyone went at a normal time, did not use the agencies, and did not give bribes then it would be a lot better for everyone else.

Everyone knows how a queue works. It's a line of people where the person at the front gets served first. But Danish researchers have recently made a shocking suggestion - that queuing on the basis of last-come-first-served may sometimes be more efficient.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34153628

Just noticed an interesting news article in TV news section. A new head and a whole new set of problems?

Thai immigration chief warned he might face the chop

Yes it may bring new problems but the way I see it to come out and publicly make that announcement indicates the

are not only aware of it (who isn't) but going to do some thing about it. Will the new ASEAN or whatever it is

called make a difference? Will it make other countries more attractive than Thailand to new people?

Everyone knows how a queue works. It's a line of people where the person at the front gets served first. But Danish researchers have recently made a shocking suggestion - that queuing on the basis of last-come-first-served may sometimes be more efficient.

ermm.gif

As a Brit, that article is pure sacrilige and will bring on the revolution at break-neck speed 1zgarz5.gif

(But at the same time, it is very interesting.)

This is from Don, the force behind "Don's Life in Thailand" website http://donslifeinthailand.com/ and a daily email about CM matters like Immigration and air quality. He sent emails to everyone in CM advertising visa services (agents and lawyers), asking about fees for retirement extensions and 90 day reports and received absolutely no replies. Instead he put together a list based on input from his readers and a personal visit to G4T at Prom. mall:

Assist Thai Visa

(Price 4500 Baht + 1900 Baht for Immigration fee (Total 6400 Baht). They will go to

Immigration early then call you and tell you what time to arrive at Immigration). For 90

day report only - 300 Baht.

Established in 2008, Assist Thai Visa Service is a new company with a new vision. We believe in

comprehensive, one to one service for all our customers.

Address: 410/4-5 Chiang Mai Land Road, Chan Klan A.Muang Chiang Mai 50100

Phone #: 053-272-293 / Mobile 0882-580-139

Email:

___________________________________________________________________________________

OS Visas Co

(Price 7000 Baht which includes the 1900 Baht Immigration fee + four (4) 90 day reports.

They will call you and tell you what time they will pick you up and take you to

Immigration. After the paperwork is finished, they will take you home). For 90 day report

only - 300 Baht.

___________________________________________________________________________________

G4T Company Ltd

(Price 3000 Baht + 1900 Immigration fee (total 4900 Baht). For 90 day report

only - 300 Baht). For re-entry permit - 500 Baht plus Immigration Fee.

Address: Promenada Mall (next to Immigration)

Phone #: 090-321-5005

Email:

The information above for Assist Thai Visa differs from the quotation (see photo below) that I was given at their office 2 months ago. Perhaps with the arrival of G4T they have reduced their fees.. clap2.gifcoffee1.gif

Apologies for the upside down photo, I don't know how to correct it.. whistling.gif

The cost is higher due to a multi entry permit, 11,785 includes all fees and taxes- The government fees alone would be 5700. We provide a year round service to our clients and are always available for people to come into the office or call with queries. We also charge 1000 baht a year for 90 day reporting not 300 per time. For people who want to use a service they can, for people who want to go to go by themselves they can, its a personal choice.

The cost is higher due to a multi entry permit, 11,785 includes all fees and taxes- The government fees alone would be 5700. We provide a year round service to our clients and are always available for people to come into the office or call with queries. We also charge 1000 baht a year for 90 day reporting not 300 per time. For people who want to use a service they can, for people who want to go to go by themselves they can, its a personal choice.

The problem I had was you have to leave your passport with your agency. That meant two trips plus the passport out of my possession for 24 hours which I'm not comfortable with. Originally I just signed 4 TM47s and 4 copies of the passport and the receipt was sent to me. The reason was that immigration decided they want to physically see the passports. Is this still the case?

Yes, finy. Suggest 9am. Should be ok. Also suggest NOT wearing wife-beater shirt.

Haha yeah, I keep clothes for official things.

Any idea where you catch songthews from to Promenada near Thape Gate?

Hmm,,,, How about at Thapae Gate?

Oh, you mean the FREE shuttle to Promenada Mall. At Amora Hotel. Problem is that it doesn't start to operate until the afternoon.

I've got an appointment for early-October, on the fixed-time-appointment system, to get my annual-extension based on retirement.

Will that be at the new One-Stop Promenada-office, or the old location, can anybody tell me ?

Ricardo, I like your report very much. Thanks for your input. I wish to ask you the following: (1) When and how did you make your fixed time appointment (retirement visa) for early October - was it via the Thai Immigration web-site or is there some special web-site for this purpose ? (2) It is 9 September and I wish to make an appointment for January 2016 - your posting dated 20 July states that you got a fixed time appointment for October (that is 3 months ahead of time) ? (3) I would also like to get a fixed time appointment for a Multi Entry Visa ? Please advise and thanks again Ricardo. Best regards, James

I've got an appointment for early-October, on the fixed-time-appointment system, to get my annual-extension based on retirement.

Will that be at the new One-Stop Promenada-office, or the old location, can anybody tell me ?

Ricardo, I like your report very much. Thanks for your input. I wish to ask you the following: (1) When and how did you make your fixed time appointment (retirement visa) for early October - was it via the Thai Immigration web-site or is there some special web-site for this purpose ? (2) It is 9 September and I wish to make an appointment for January 2016 - your posting dated 20 July states that you got a fixed time appointment for October (that is 3 months ahead of time) ? (3) I would also like to get a fixed time appointment for a Multi Entry Visa ? Please advise and thanks again Ricardo. Best regards, James

Unfortunately, that useful route to obtaining an appointment to avoid the early morning queuing or using an agent has been terminated...

http://chiangmaiimm.com/th/2011-11-25-13-53-13/285--queue-online.html

I wouldn't recommend this as a strategy for getting your retirement extension, but when I was at Imm. Prom. yesterday afternoon around 3 pm, it was very quiet. No one was waiting and I ran into a friend who was picking up her passport. I asked her when she arrived to get her queue number and she said she didn't have one! Here's her story.

She came out the day before on the free Prom shuttle, arriving around 1:30 pm, just to check out the new office and see if she had her documents filled out correctly. She had thought she'd return the next day to get in the early morning queue and wanted to know her way around. After her documents were checked at the info desk outside the office, she walked into the actual office and the officer doing retirement extensions was just sitting there, not doing anything. She said hi and said she was coming in tomorrow to do her retirement extension and he said he could do it right then, but she'd have to return the next day to pick up her passport. She said if 1:30 pm was OK and he said, yes. So, she sat down before he could change his mind and within minutes she was on her way.

Shes the lucky sort who manages to stumble into situations like this frequently. I think it helps to look like someones grandmother and to be polite, mild-mannered and well-dressed. Yes, it was a two-day process to do her retirement extension and re-entry permit, but she didn't have to go out to Prom. at Zero-Dark-Stupid and she used their free shuttle for all her transport. Oh, she got to do some relaxed shopping on both trips, also.

P.S. I asked if they gave her a receipt when the said they had to hold her passport overnight. She looked startled and said "oh, I guess I should have asked for one."

This is from Don, the force behind "Don's Life in Thailand" website http://donslifeinthailand.com/ and a daily email about CM matters like Immigration and air quality. He sent emails to everyone in CM advertising visa services (agents and lawyers), asking about fees for retirement extensions and 90 day reports and received absolutely no replies. Instead he put together a list based on input from his readers and a personal visit to G4T at Prom. mall:

Assist Thai Visa

(Price 4500 Baht + 1900 Baht for Immigration fee (Total 6400 Baht). They will go to

Immigration early then call you and tell you what time to arrive at Immigration). For 90

Established in 2008, Assist Thai Visa Service is a new company with a new vision. We believe in

Email:

OS Visas Co

(Price 7000 Baht which includes the 1900 Baht Immigration fee + four (4) 90 day reports.

Immigration. After the paperwork is finished, they will take you home). For 90 day report

only - 300 Baht.

G4T Company Ltd

Email:

The information above for Assist Thai Visa differs from the quotation (see photo below) that I was given at their office 2 months ago. Perhaps with the arrival of G4T they have reduced their fees.. clap2.gifcoffee1.gif

Apologies for the upside down photo, I don't know how to correct it.. whistling.gif

#Assist Thai Visa. Can you please confirm your current charges for a Retirement extension; complete with 90 day reporting, as my visa expires in a few weeks...

The figures I have are:- Service Fee 5,500 + Govt. Visa Fee 1,900 + 90 day reporting 1,000 + VAT 385 = 8,785 baht...

Many thanks wai2.gif

This was taken outside Immigration at the Promenada today at around 2.30pm. I asked a couple of people if they were waiting to see an officer, but they said they arrived at 8.30, had been seen before lunch, and were now waiting for the return of their passports. They said they thought nobody was waiting to be seen. I looked through the window, no applicant was at either the 90 day desk, or the visa extension desk. There was one person at the re-entry permit desk, but I didn't notice anyone else.

post-4264-0-57414900-1441886783_thumb.jp

Assist Thai Visa

Email:

OS Visas Co

only - 300 Baht.

G4T Company Ltd

Email:

#Assist Thai Visa. Can you please confirm your current charges for a Retirement extension; complete with 90 day reporting, as my visa expires in a few weeks...

The figures I have are:- Service Fee 5,500 + Govt. Visa Fee 1,900 + 90 day reporting 1,000 + VAT 385 = 8,785 baht...

Many thanks wai2.gif

Hi,

That is correct, we would be only to happy to help.

just any that tend to go in that general direction.

I don't want to flag down one that is going somewhere completely different.

IMO NONE go to Promenada as a routine. You'd have to ask a red songtheaw driver to go there and negotiate a price. No way you'll get there for 20 baht.

OR, go to Arcade bus station and take the local bus to Lamphun- get off nearest to Promenada and walk. Don't know how you'd get to the other side of the superhighway to go back though.

just any that tend to go in that general direction.

I don't want to flag down one that is going somewhere completely different.

My experience is that I have negotiated a price of 200 on one occasion and 250 on another. The trip was from Central Airport Plaza to Prominada.

I recommend that you park outside, when going to Promenada Immigration. If you are lucky enough to get a parking place inside, you will not be able to get out. Why? The other European types who have come to Immigration are parking in an inappropriate manner in places that are not designated as parking places. They will laugh at you, if you ask them to move so that you can get out.

How do I know that it is the European types and not the Thai types? Well, because they look like you.

Plz stop blaming others for your mistake, roja. Inside parking is for those folks food shopping at Rimpings.

I always park far from other cars, to avoid any unpleasant interactions and to give me a bit of a healthy walk.

You are correct. If expecting western and European folk to act in a civilized manner during a stressful situation is a mistake, I admit to it.

I am starting to think a lot of these problem with 90 day reporting and visa extensions are actually our own fault.

Its got to the stage when people are going at ridiculous hours in the early morning to get a place before anyone else... and they get earlier and earlier... making going at a normal time impossible.

Then, people using agencies and paying all that unnecessary money to them... which then leaves the rest of us with no place in the queue without using an agency.

And, finally, people are giving money under the counter to get what they want... so people don't stand a chance!

It’s getting out of hand really.

If everyone went at a normal time, did not use the agencies, and did not give bribes then it would be a lot better for everyone else.

I think that is a good idea and would work well in this situation. First in line have to go to the back.

Then no one would go there at 4am for sure!

Went to Prom Immig today for my re-entry stamp. This after last week's visit for the retirement extension. Arrived today about 10.30, stopped at the desk and was inspected by one of the two cuties on duty. Was told to make a few copies, just steps away. She further considered my application and gave me a number, peered inside the big room and told me to go inside and wait. Did so but before could even sit down, was called over to the relevant desk. The new worker did her job, with a bit of hesitation, and finally got the OK from her boss and affixed the stamps. Wait a few more minutes for the redundant digital photo (same photo last week), was given me 200 baht change and set off. Total time, not 15 minutes.

Overall, substantial improvements in service since a week ago. And i found NO tax of any kind at the Prom food court where i had lunch. But also found no cooked vegetables nor any tofu on offer, so forced to eat chicken.

Archived