Immigration Promenada One Stop Service

Tywais

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retirement Extension yesterday. Arrived early for appointment. Seen immediately due to a "no show". Finished before my appointment due. Picked up my passport afternoon. Not sure what all the fuss is about wink.png

People were sitting inside. For how long? A couple of noisy Frenchies....

I went to get my retirement visa extension this morning. A friend told me to show up early. I thought it was overkill to be there at 6:45 AM, but it was far too late. There were people who showed up at 6:00 AM who didn't get a number. Nobody from the office came out to say all appointments taken, go home. Lots of grumbling. I finally went home at 9:30 AM.

I went to get my retirement visa extension this morning. A friend told me to show up early. I thought it was overkill to be there at 6:45 AM, but it was far too late. There were people who showed up at 6:00 AM who didn't get a number. Nobody from the office came out to say all appointments taken, go home. Lots of grumbling. I finally went home at 9:30 AM.

Shouldn't be that way. Everything would be fine if the online queue system was re-instated & upgraded to allow reservation of 90% of slots, with a few reserved for walk ins.

Went for my 90 day report this morning. Arrived at outside desk at 9.30. After paperwork checked got queue card number 036. Was called 20 min. later. Got outside office at 10.00...

Few people queueing: about 15 outside and 15 inside...

I was confirmed by a pretty: only 20 queue cards a day for retirement extension. All out at 9.30...

So everything fine and quick for me!

thumbsup.gif

Sorry for you: I understand that!

In January 2014, I arrived at 5.30am at Airport office for retirement extension. There were already 5 applicants waiting...

Last time (J 2015) I was lucky to have an online appointment: everything went like a charm...

Hope the online queueing will come back soon.

Went with a friend to get a tourist ext today (wed), arrived at 1.35pm. Got the ticket from outside and walked straight inside to the tourist desk. They took the docs/passport and handed passport back 10mins later. Total time at immigration about 15mins. Massive improvement imo.

Shouldn't be that way. Everything would be fine if the online queue system was re-instated & upgraded to allow reservation of 90% of slots, with a few reserved for walk ins.

Thanks for the most intelligent post yet on the online queue system. The ten a day was bull shit. With your system people can walk in and if some one doesn't show it is room for another walk in.

I don't understand your post at all.

You showed up at 6:45 am -- but even if you showed up at 6 am, it would have been too late, right?

Then why did you stick around until 9:30 am?

What do you mean that "nobody from the office came out to say all the appointments taken, go home." Didn't they pass out the queue cards at 8:30 am and after they passed out all the queue card didn't they tell everyone who didn't get a queue card to leave, there were no more queue cards?

I was shopping at Promenada this afternoon, & decided to see if I could get my 90 day report done. 15 minute wait. Can't complain about that & quicker than my usual trip to post office smile.png

Office was pretty quiet. Maybe a dozen people sitting inside.

I was shopping at Promenada this afternoon, & decided to see if I could get my 90 day report done. 15 minute wait. Can't complain about that & quicker than my usual trip to post office smile.png

About what time did you get your queue number. Obviously they are not running out of 90 Day queue numbers in the morning, although getting one in the afternoon might be 'hit or miss'. So, just curious about the time. By the way - good show! That might actually show some promise.

About what time did you get your queue number. Obviously they are not running out of 90 Day queue numbers in the morning, although getting one in the afternoon might be 'hit or miss'. So, just curious about the time. By the way - good show! That might actually show some promise.

I was wondering if the ones sitting around were just waiting to get there passports back.

Early afternoon.

Important when going out to Promenada to have some options for transport.

Because I was expecting to be several hours I released my songteaw.

Shame the operators of the semi deserted mall do not subsidise transport ex Thapae as that would increase their currently low pedestrian count.

When I was all finished in 2 hours I discovered that the waiting Songteaws needed 200 baht to take me to Thapae, I walked to where I could get a San Kampaeng bus for 15 baht, but quite a long walk.

My application went OK , The whole exercise seemed to be managed by smiling children. not sure if they would cope as well as adults if the pressure came on. Bit of a bummer waiting outside in the heat with no screen showing where they are at number wise and no real way of finding out.

We were several, here, to have been served quickly, kindly and efficiently yesterday.

Was the 16th a lucky day for 90 day report? tongue.png

Joke apart, it seems Imm Service is coming back to what it was before at Airport Office for the 90 day report. Good...

Well, I hope so...

rolleyes.gif

Wait and see what will happen with the Retirement Extention Service...

Well, there was a very detailed report filed a day or two ago on another thread of someone's adventures in arriving at Zero-Dark-Stupid to get a retirement extension: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/855742-interview-about-new-chiangmai-immigration-office/?p=9862452

I was pilloried in the thread for pointing out that if all the over-anxious white guys had just waited until dawn to show up, they would have all received queue cards for the day. There really doesn't seem to be any need to arrive before 6 am! Even the visa agents don't arrive until around that time.

In Claaay's situation, presuming he had his paperwork in order including a bank letter with confirmed funds dated September 16th, how flexible would immigration be in regards to the "date" on his bank letter, if hypothetically it took him a number of days to finally make the queue?

Anyone had first hand experience with this situation?

Well I went in today at 1:30 talked to the girls out side. Was informed they only give out 20 numbers a day. I asked what if it is 3:00 and they had seen all 20 she informed me that they only give out 20 a day. Was like talking to an empty chair. I asked her what number they were on now and she said 11. I thanked her went next door to the outfit that does it for 3,000 baht asked them if they could handle it for me they said yes. I would have to wait a little bit to get my picture taken. Sat there for a bit they called me took me next door took my picture and I was out of there at 2:15. Paid her the 4,900 baht for the registration fee and her services had a bite to eat saw a movie picked up my passport and I am set for another year.

The girl who took me to the immigration office was tired she said she had to get up every day at 4:00 in the morning. As said elsewhere not professionals but then again the final result was just as good as a professional with a masters degree. The best part of it was I didn't have to chase all over town. One stop and I was done. I am not sure how they do it but I think they get tickets for the afternoon regardless if any one is scheduled or not. I was out of there in 45 minutes after I showed up and I noticed the queue tickets on his desk said 15. I doubt he had done 4 in half an hour when she told me 11. Also it was nice to see they had a loudspeaker. Only a few hanging around out side when I got there so I went inside and there was 33 sitting in there waiting. Left after the show a meal and some shopping and noticed their was still about 7 or 8 staff working.

Well, there was a very detailed report filed a day or two ago on another thread of someone's adventures in arriving at Zero-Dark-Stupid to get a retirement extension: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/855742-interview-about-new-chiangmai-immigration-office/?p=9862452

I was pilloried in the thread for pointing out that if all the over-anxious white guys had just waited until dawn to show up, they would have all received queue cards for the day. There really doesn't seem to be any need to arrive before 6 am! Even the visa agents don't arrive until around that time.

Having to show up at immigration before they open their doors for a queue, and then spending the day with these people is not acceptable on any level. This nonsense has been going on for the last few years, and now it is worst than ever. Discontinuing the "online queue" was the final blow. I don't want to beat a dead horse but there is only one logical reason to discontinue the "online queue." The visa agents must love this.

I know there's a popular conspiracy theory as to why the on-line queue was discontinued, but the official story is that it was discontinued because there were so many (justified) complaints about how there were only 10 appointment slots on the queue and those would fill up within second of opening, how the queue was always full, how they needed to have more appointment times on the on-line queue, and how some people (maybe some conspiracy theorists?) thought that visa agents booked all the on-line queue appointments. Oh, and some people became angry when Immigration officers assisted people with queue appointments ahead of those who had gotten up early.

Obviously additional programming work is needed. But Bangkok has already let it be known how much they're supporting the Chiang Mai office.

Please read my interview with Prom. and Imm. again. I think we customers of Imm. have a good friend in the management of Prom. mall. Something we didn't have at the old location. I think we need to be supportive of Promenada and show them that it's worth spending money to help improve conditions for the customers at Imm. -- that might just include helping with this on-line queue issue.

I know there's a popular conspiracy theory as to why the on-line queue was discontinued, but the official story is that it was discontinued because there were so many (justified) complaints about how there were only 10 appointment slots on the queue and those would fill up within second of opening, how the queue was always full, how they needed to have more appointment times on the on-line queue, and how some people (maybe some conspiracy theorists?) thought that visa agents booked all the on-line queue appointments. Oh, and some people became angry when Immigration officers assisted people with queue appointments ahead of those who had gotten up early.

Obviously additional programming work is needed. But Bangkok has already let it be known how much they're supporting the Chiang Mai office.

Please read my interview with Prom. and Imm. again. I think we customers of Imm. have a good friend in the management of Prom. mall. Something we didn't have at the old location. I think we need to be supportive of Promenada and show them that it's worth spending money to help improve conditions for the customers at Imm. -- that might just include helping with this on-line queue issue.

Please read what you listed as justification in discontinuing the "online queue system." Common sense would tell anyone, if you need to improve the "online queue system" to make it more efficient, the last thing you are going to do is discontinue this service unless your goal is to make it more difficult for expats.

There is no conspiracy theory nor should anyone buy into placing blame on Bangkok, for the problems expats are experiencing at CM immigration.

Why on earth would Promenada owners care about immigrations "online queue system" or lack of. I'm sure these people are pleased to see how hoards of expats have to spend the day at immigration. This gives promenada businesses a captive audience during the week when their business are generally slow.

There are certainly a lot worst places to spend the day but immigrations inability to provide their services in a timely manner should be the issue here, not a shopping opportunity at Promenada.

Well I went in today at 1:30 talked to the girls out side. Was informed they only give out 20 numbers a day. I asked what if it is 3:00 and they had seen all 20 she informed me that they only give out 20 a day. Was like talking to an empty chair. I asked her what number they were on now and she said 11. I thanked her went next door to the outfit that does it for 3,000 baht asked them if they could handle it for me they said yes. I would have to wait a little bit to get my picture taken. Sat there for a bit they called me took me next door took my picture and I was out of there at 2:15. Paid her the 4,900 baht for the registration fee and her services had a bite to eat saw a movie picked up my passport and I am set for another year.

Thank you northernjohn for your first hand report thumbsup.gif

It seems now clear one can get his visa extension through this "agency" right the day one shows at Imm.

I'm due for my retirement extension at the end of January 2016. If nothing improved at this time, I may follow your route...

BTW I would be very curious to know how the "agency" can provide valid queue "passes" at any time of the day.

Just rethorical, here wink.png

Indeed it was a justified reason to shut it down. They couldn't improve on it so it was unfair to the majority of the expats so they shut it down to give all the same chance. Perhaps in the future they will be able to make the proper adjustments to the system. In the mean time we will have to except the fact that we are not living back home where they could solve any problem.

As for how much Bangkok is supporting the Chiang Mai office it is not clear. We know there will be no new building but what about additional staff? Also will they be able to rent another room there?

As I said in my earlier post I went in today at 1:30 talked to the girls at the table out side and proceeded to the agent a few doors down. They said no problem. Some thing about an appointment they had that they could put off until Monday. I think what the agents do is book appointments for the afternoon even if they don't have a client. I recall last week when I first talked to them they said that if I had my passport there by 11:00 in the morning they could have an appointment in the afternoon.

As for the Promenada helping. That is just plain common sense for them. There was still not a lot of people in the mall but defiantly more than before immigration moved in.

Bottom line is they still have a lot of room for improvement and as was mentioned earlier they were starting this is not the end.

What is the latest news re annual visa extension eg O-A without an agent?

I have to travel 150km to get to CNX.

My preliminary thought is to arrive at 1pm & get a queue ticket for the following morning.

I have never used an agent before. The previous experiences were "OK" but it seems that this year is unkind.

Use an agent? Which one? Why? (no 90 day service required).

Arrive at 1pm?

Arrive at 6am?

What is the latest news re annual visa extension eg O-A without an agent?

I have to travel 150km to get to CNX.

My preliminary thought is to arrive at 1pm & get a queue ticket for the following morning.

I have never used an agent before. The previous experiences were "OK" but it seems that this year is unkind.

Use an agent? Which one? Why? (no 90 day service required).

Arrive at 1pm?

Arrive at 6am?

You will have arrive and queue by about 05.00 AM in order to get a number for a visa extension. You can expect to spend the whole day in the effort.

No queue numbers are given out "today" for the "next day".

# 479 - wonderful news. ie use a visa agent.

Now, I only need a reasonable yet efficient agent. Have narrowed it down to two.

Visa extension is now relatively expensive - travel, accommodation & agent fee.

Any comment on preferred visa agent/s?

# 479 - wonderful news. ie use a visa agent.

Now, I only need a reasonable yet efficient agent. Have narrowed it down to two.

Visa extension is now relatively expensive - travel, accommodation & agent fee.

Any comment on preferred visa agent/s?

The one next to immigration have same day preferred access to immigration for some reason. They are cheaper than the others and you don't even have to go in to the immigration offices.

Archived