Facebook is the most influential brand in Thailand

Facebook is the most influential brand in Thailand

Facebook is apparently the most influential brand in Thailand. That’s according to a new survey that seems to indicate that Thais are becoming more associated and closer to information technology.

The survey was by Ipsos, which also lists the top ten most influential brands in Thailand – a list that also includes tech giants such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung and YouTube.

Bangkok is the capital of Facebook

The managing director of Ipsos Thailand, Jerome Hervio, said that “Bangkok is the capital city of the world for Facebook, and Facebook is our most influential brand, with its 30 million users. The digital revolution is unstoppable and permeates the consumer mindset”.

The study has been run in more than 20 countries in 2015. This year is the first time that Thailand has been included in the survey.

Here’s the list of the country’s top 10 most influential brands:

1. Facebook

2. Google

3. 7-Eleven

4. Apple

5. Microsoft

6. YouTube

7. Samsung

8. Tesco Lotus

9. VISA

10. DTAC

Eight of the top 10 brands are considered technology and IT companies, with only 7-Eleven and Tesco Lotus being the oddballs in the list. It would be interesting to see what the list looked like a five, or perhaps even ten years ago. It’s also a surprise that Line doesn’t feature in the list, given the popularity of the social media and messaging app in Thailand…

It's used by the thai ladies they seem to like posting selfies whether it be to used as a introduction like a dating site but free or whatever reason, anyway i for one clear all these posts including bags, shoes, gold, watches etc, and use for it's intended purpose of communicating with friends or family.

I must be the only person in the World who is not on Facebook, does not interest me....

But that's me, ... Seems I am the minority.....

No you are not I don't even have a smart phone I have a laptop that is all I have

my wife is on Facebook, Line and what ever she even takes her I- pad to bed sad.png

Facebook in Thailand really is the epitome of a bunch of c***s saying "Look at me!" and showing off with mind numbingly moronic bull**** and pictures.

I include my missus.

Isn't that Facebook everywhere?

It sure is. It's just Thailand is the epitome of it.

I must be the only person in the World who is not on Facebook, does not interest me....

But that's me, ... Seems I am the minority.....

No you're not. I stay away from any of the social media sites.

Clearly people don't give a sh-- about privacy.

Very sad that 6 out of 10 are US companies , which I try to avoid too.

And I don't own a spyPhone.

Edited by BuaBS

Wished my Thai daughter happy birthday on FB 2 days ago. She posted a picture of her cake on her FB page, and replied back that she loved father. Haven't spoken to her though! Thus the modern internet world.