Yamazaki closed

Guderian

I like Yamazaki bread, tasty and crusty and reasonably priced. Now their shop inside Tesco Lotus Thepprasit has closed down. I gather there's still one in Tesco North Pattaya but that's a bit far to go just for a loaf of bread and a chocolate doughnut. Are there any other Yamazaki outlets in town, something convenient for South Pattaya residents?

Sad news to me, as well. We often picked up some bread, and often a pastry or two, from Yamazaki after shopping in Lotus. We'll miss it!

I'm a bit puzzled by why they closed. They appeared to do a good steady business there. Had to be making a reasonable profit, I would think.

Sad news to me, as well. We often picked up some bread, and often a pastry or two, from Yamazaki after shopping in Lotus. We'll miss it!

I'm a bit puzzled by why they closed. They appeared to do a good steady business there. Had to be making a reasonable profit, I would think.

Yes indeed, I've been getting bread from there at least once a week and often several times for three or four years and I can't remember a time when I was the only customer in their small shop. It seemed very popular with the Thais too, they often bought the more exotic Japanese style cakes with bean paste. In the high season I found if I got there more than around 30 minutes after their baking time then they were already sold out, so they must have been doing well.

I wonder if Tesco Lotus got greedy and the lease came up for renewal and they tried to get a big hike in the rent? Maybe they realised that many people prefer Yamazaki bread and cakes to their own offerings so they were happy to see them go.

I've seen in many of their bangkok locations renovate and rebranded as "Saint Etoille" by Yamazaki and emerging from the renovation with more high-end goods, but the cheap stuff stayed the same price so stay hopeful

You'd think they'd have a website that might tell us what's happening but all it says is "under construction". Given how busy their shop in Tesco Lotus South Pattaya was I guess it's possible that they'll open up another shop eventually, but who knows where?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if Yamakazi at south Tesco is re-opened. I don't want to make the trip to find they're not open also can't find a phone number

They've closed that branch permanently, at least according to the Tesco staffer I talked to. You can see through the shutters that all the equipment has been removed, so I think he's right.

Anyone know of other branches of Yamazaki in Pattaya that are currently open?