new ford ranger 2015

curtt

Yea Ford is a step further Toyota but, as happened to me, resale value is a suicide.

Not if you trade like for like... last March, I sold my 3 year-old Ranger 2.2 XLT, traded up to a 3.2 4x4 Wildtrak and drove away with a tad under 100,000 baht cash in my pocket.

But if someone wants to trade in a Ranger for a Revo... or Navara.... or a V-cross....

You sold an 800K Baht (new) pickup for 1.2M Baht?

clap2.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Ford is a step further Toyota but, as happened to me, resale value is a suicide.

True, but Ford themselves offered me a reasonable trade-in value.

So, I am forced to ask anyone who has experience of the new Ranger ... before I get rid of my current 3.0 TDCi, which I have been pretty happy with, but is getting long in the tooth.

The bigger 3.2 is expensive, would I find the new 2.4L rather underpowered?

The new model looks somewhat bigger, is it harder to park?

My current model does bounce around a bit, but it is a truck, how is the new model ride?

The 2.2 has more than enough power. I did around 60,000 km before I sold it, a lot of that was highway and it was really good and comfortable on the long hauls. The comments from some of "bouncing around" doesn't consider that the tire pressures in that particular truck may have been typically too high (especially if Thai driven). My wife thought the 2.2 was smoother and quieter than her CR-V.

The 3.2 WT ride is harder (wife agrees) and the 5-pot mill sounds rougher too but it's nicely appointed and I am happy with it. I haven't done as many long hauls since I got it last March but looking forward to changing that after the rainy season buggers off.

If parking is an issue, then pay the extra and get a model with the OEM back up sensors. A friend of mine had after-market ones fitted and wasn't too happy. The WT has the backup camera and sensors.

Not if you trade like for like... last March, I sold my 3 year-old Ranger 2.2 XLT, traded up to a 3.2 4x4 Wildtrak and drove away with a tad under 100,000 baht cash in my pocket.

But if someone wants to trade in a Ranger for a Revo... or Navara.... or a V-cross....

You sold an 800K Baht (new) pickup for 1.2M Baht?

clap2.gif

I wish!!!

Sorry but i disagree. After 3 years my ford fiesta 1.6 priced 759.000 thb got a evaluation by 2 ford dealers 200.000 and 250.000. You can use your car for 10 years or more but i don't. So i sold my 36.000 km fiesta to a friend and i got 360.000. In my consideration I'll never buy ford again. Great car but.....

Sorry but i disagree. After 3 years my ford fiesta 1.6 priced 759.000 thb got a evaluation by 2 ford dealers 200.000 and 250.000. You can use your car for 10 years or more but i don't. So i sold my 36.000 km fiesta to a friend and i got 360.000. In my consideration I'll never buy ford again. Great car but.....

If you're buying in the class again, don't expect much better resale vales from other makes either - this segment is absolutely flooded with 1st car buyer repo's.

Do any of the top spec Rangers come with Sat Nav as standard? Comparing to the Wildtrack etc

None of them have GPS navigation.

Really? I could have sworn I saw an old model ranger with sat nav

what about the top spec wildtracks?

Maybe you were looking at specs form another country?

No variant of the Ranger has ever had GPS Navigation in Thailand.

Do any of the top spec Rangers come with Sat Nav as standard? Comparing to the Wildtrack etc

None of them have GPS navigation.

Really? I could have sworn I saw an old model ranger with sat nav

what about the top spec wildtracks?

Maybe you were looking at specs form another country?

No variant of the Ranger has ever had GPS Navigation in Thailand.

Yes I think so, possibly a UK model

I see the wild track has a wifi hotspot tho, whatever that means

Yes I think so, possibly a UK model

I see the wild track has a wifi hotspot tho, whatever that means

It means SYNC2 does the same thing as what every smartphone in the world already does :)

So your complaint is with the low-ball, dealer trade-in quotes and not the car itself since you secured an agreeable price through a private sale? I had the same when I was looking at a new WT last March. Dealerships don't make money on second hand cars so they inevitably call a couple of tents to get quotes. I was offered 350,000 by Ford for my 3 year old 2.2 XLT so I wasn't interested. Later the same day, I was offered 480,000 by a previous brief acquaintance who remembered my truck when it was new. He was willing to work with me while Ford drew up the financing for the new one while closing out the finance on the old one. A week later he came to the dealership, handed over the cash which I partly used as down payment on the new wheels. He left in my old one and an hour later, I drove away in my new one.

If you're buying in the class again, don't expect much better resale vales from other makes either - this segment is absolutely flooded with 1st car buyer repo's.

...and that is set to get much much worse in another 2 years when the 5 year limit on selling expires. I expect my swift to be worth bugger all by then. But I usually keep a car 10 years, providing it doesn't fall to bits by then, so resale isn't much of an issue.

Yes the new Ranger's looks cool, had a look inside a WT2.2 and the center screen is huge compared to ours and I can see it got much more air-bags now as well.

BUT I don't know what you can use it for, sat Nav? I uses Garmin for sat Nav, heard that sat Nav's supplied with cars/truck sucks and are costly to update but only from what I read on-line, no hand-on experiences in that regard so don't take that to the bank.

My V-Cross (D-Max if you don't know) system appears, to me, to be pretty much the same as Garmin. I have even run my 'stand alone' Garmin at the same time as the unit in my truck. I receive exactly the same map/voice/instructions ... the unit in my truck talks to me a couple of seconds before my stand alone unit.

The big difference is that the unit in the truck cannot download any of my saved POIs which is vey annoying as the unit has wiped them out twice! Map update costs about 1000thb.

Here is a pic showing a Ranger screen ... http://autoverdenews.blogspot.com/2014/10/ford-ranger-2015-more-technology-with.html but don't know if it applies to the latest Ranger ... Here is what you see on the Ford site ... http://www.ford.co.th/en/trucks/ranger/specifications/spec-data.

The New Ford Everest does not have GPS

I just bought an XLT 2.2 6MT Highrider Double Cab from the main dealer in Pattaya. Came with bed liner, window tints, floor mats etc and is the new facelift model with updated front grill and projector headlamps. I've only driven it a few times but so far I'm impressed, the new 160PS engine is very quiet and pulls well, ride quality seems good enough to me over Pattaya's patchy road surfaces. The interior is high quality, far better than I would have expected in a pickup, so far it gets the thumbs up from me.

I just bought an XLT 2.2 6MT Highrider Double Cab from the main dealer in Pattaya. Came with bed liner, window tints, floor mats etc and is the new facelift model with updated front grill and projector headlamps. I've only driven it a few times but so far I'm impressed, the new 160PS engine is very quiet and pulls well, ride quality seems good enough to me over Pattaya's patchy road surfaces. The interior is high quality, far better than I would have expected in a pickup, so far it gets the thumbs up from me.

Can you let me know what color the interior is on that new model, and what is the seat material.

Looked at the up-dated 2015 Ranger in Pattaya.

Not only is there no GPS/Sat Nav. The Synch unit can only play CDs. It cannot play DVDs. It does have a USB input. It's the same with the new Everest.

The Ranger is arguably the best looking truck available but I feel Ford Thailand have shot themselves in the foot when it comes to the interior entertainment system.

Not only is there no GPS/Sat Nav. The Synch unit can only play CDs. It cannot play DVDs. It does have a USB input. It's the same with the new Everest.

The Ranger is arguably the best looking truck available but I feel Ford Thailand have shot themselves in the foot when it comes to the interior entertainment system.

Surely you must be mistaken, as I have a 2014 Ecosport with the Synch system (I guess Synch 1) and I would be surprised if the Ranger does not have at least this. It is a total entertainment system that allows several hands free smart phones integration, USB smart system, and CD. True, it does not have DVD, but that is truly antique at this point, as obviously is CD, but many people still have them.

Can you let me know what color the interior is on that new model, and what is the seat material.

The interior is a mixture of grey and charcoal with aluminium accents, the headlining is a very light grey and the seat material is fords hard wearing standard material (not velour). See pictures below. And it does have Sync for lots of functions that I haven't explored yet but no DVD which I would never need anyway.

post-229804-0-57459200-1438858919_thumb.

post-229804-0-70825100-1438858938_thumb.

post-229804-0-89014900-1438858954_thumb.

post-229804-0-02608200-1438858981_thumb.

Edited by Linnets1961

You actually have DVD discs??!?!?

I always thought the only reason people still bought DVD's is because cars don't come with blu-ray players :P

DVD? CD? What are those? I have had a Ford Focus for about 18 months and I think I have played a grand total of two CDs.

But I have used the Sync interface with my iPhone, which works nicely on USB or Bluetooth, and even does voice commands. And the Sony audio system sounds great as well.

BTW, I believe many new Audis (and perhaps others) no longer come with even come CD players.

Edited by bubba

I bought the Double Cab 2015 Ranger WT 3.2 4x4 in the Pride Orange from Ford Pinklao in late July. They said I bought first one they had delivered from the factory and was the first sale overall of this particular model (at their dealership). I thought it was bs but my son saw the car without me, but with the same red plate and dealer's staff on Thai TV.

Anyway, I am a happy owner, service has been good, delivery in one day, they took a thumbs up promo photo, back for the dealer installed shutter, and then later they dropped off the car cover. Only waiting on the English owners manual which they say will be a CD, if they cannot provide an actual book. The Sync and audio system is quite good, like the back up camera, safety features, nice interior, power on the highway and smoother ride.

It can be tricky driving around in BKK depending on where you go and when i.e. parking and narrow streets but was great today driving South to HH/Cha Am.

I bought the Double Cab 2015 Ranger WT 3.2 4x4 in the Pride Orange from Ford Pinklao in late July. They said I bought first one they had delivered from the factory and was the first sale overall of this particular model (at their dealership). I thought it was bs but my son saw the car without me, but with the same red plate and dealer's staff on Thai TV.

Anyway, I am a happy owner, service has been good, delivery in one day, they took a thumbs up promo photo, back for the dealer installed shutter, and then later they dropped off the car cover. Only waiting on the English owners manual which they say will be a CD, if they cannot provide an actual book. The Sync and audio system is quite good, like the back up camera, safety features, nice interior, power on the highway and smoother ride.

It can be tricky driving around in BKK depending on where you go and when i.e. parking and narrow streets but was great today driving South to HH/Cha Am.

Saw similar truck today in Chiang Mai. The colour looks like the brochure photos colour for the 2012 Chilli Orange that in real life was more of a dull muddy orange. Took them while to get the paint mix right!

and there TV 'ers we have one of Bangkok's major traffic issues, ****heads driving big macho trucks around narrow streets. General get on the case, big tax, or slap a charge on folk using them. More cycle lanes too, while your at it.