Woman seeks help to find abducted sons

Lite Beer

Woman seeks help to find abducted sons
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Cambodian property businesswoman yesterday sought help from Thai officials at Sa Kaew's Aranyaprathet border checkpoint to locate her maid who allegedly had abducted her two American-national sons aged 5 and 3 last December and reportedly crossed the border into Thailand with the boys in March this year.

Un Somealea, 34, and her relatives yesterday went to seek the assistance of Captain Apinan Songkhramchai from the Burapha Task Force's Paramilitary Ranger Company 1201 and Sa Kaew immigration police deputy chief Pol Lt-Colonel Benjapol Rodsawas. She claimed her 26-year-old Cambodian maid, Tek Jia, had abducted the sons from her Phnom Penh home since December 24 last year. She had filed a complaint with Cambodian police and her family had been trying to find them since.

She said that she was informed on Friday by the Cambodian immigration police that the maid had, on March 17, crossed the border via the Aranyaprathet border checkpoint with the boys.

She said that her ex-husband, who held both American and Cambodian passports, might have conspired with the maid.

Thai officials took her to file a complaint with the Klong Leuk police.

She said she and her ex-husband had been divorced for more than a year and the Cambodian Court had granted her custody of the children.

Benjapol said initial police probe had found that the maid had entered Thailand with the boys but there was no record of them leaving Thailand yet.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Woman-seeks-help-to-find-abducted-sons-30265697.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-02

So a maid can just cross a border from Cam to Thailand with 2 children that must seem easy to recognize as half White/half cambodian ... Scary to think that the passport control at a border are so useless ... No Wonder its so easy to traffick people blink.png

So a maid can just cross a border from Cam to Thailand with 2 children that must seem easy to recognize as half White/half cambodian ... Scary to think that the passport control at a border are so useless ... No Wonder its so easy to traffick people blink.png

If she had the kids American passports, their American birth certificates and their American father with them, I'm thinking the border wasn't a problem.

You're also assuming the American father was white, and not a Cambodian who gained American nationality.

Loads of Cambodians left the country to escape Pol Pot and became naturalized in western countries.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

True MaejoMTB but I just read it as if the maid with the 2 boys alone crossed the border but I dont know how the passport control at the border afterwards can confirm who exactly crossed with the boys.

She said that she was informed on Friday by the Cambodian immigration police that the maid had, on March 17, crossed the border via the Aranyaprathet border checkpoint with the boys.

True MaejoMTB but I just read it as if the maid with the 2 boys alone crossed the border but I dont know how the passport control at the border afterwards can confirm who exactly crossed with the boys.

'She' is telling a story, there are no facts direct from the border controls.

I'm thinking it would be more effective for her to report an abduction by a maid, than dad taking his children.

I know for a fact (my family) that if you are cambodian in appearance, and speak the lingo you can just walk accross the thai border. Just pay 300 baht, and all will be well.

We do it all the time, lacking suitable passports.

Lot of fux'n ppl are in deep here. At least the father is around, so the children should be fine.

Cannot even sort out how they got across multiple boarders. Children probably tricked and are too young to understand.

So what is your plan, sir? You are going to get caught, lose your children, go to jail and be financially destroyed.

Yes my thought too.They seem to do a better job at the airport and ask for paperwork of any falang man taking Thai/mixed kids out alone.

I think the maid has already handed the kids over and walked off with a bit of cash, or perhaps she is a mia noi!

Yes my thought too.They seem to do a better job at the airport and ask for paperwork of any falang man taking Thai/mixed kids out alone.

I think the maid has already handed the kids over and walked off with a bit of cash, or perhaps she is a mia noi!

"2 children that must seem easy to recognize as half White/half cambodian"

I assume, their father is Cambodian by birth - so Asian himself, or only half "white" with a Cambodian mother and a US father, so not so easy to spot that difference in the children.

Possibly, they had been crossing with their father. rolleyes.gif

Surprises me only, that the Cambodian Immigration did not stop the crossing, when the mother had made an official complaint to the Cambodian Authorities already. blink.png

"They seem to do a better job at the airport and ask for paperwork of any falang man taking Thai/mixed kids out alone."

I went over International borders with my children, sometimes alone with them and also when their mother was at a different Immigration counter.

I was never asked to show permission at a Thai border Immigration to travel over the border with my small children. whistling.gif